Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do you like this suggestion? (NOTE: You may have to actually read my message)
Sounds good 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
I wouldn't want it 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Transporter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:36 pm 

I think there should be another event when searching an island - a Transporter/Hurricane.

If you get this, it would say something like:
"As you're searching for gold, the wind picks up and before you know it you're in the eye of a hurricane."

It would be awesome if the entire game window turned into a graphic of hurricane and then it redirected in 5 seconds back to the game window.

At the top, where the status is it would read something like:
"The hurricane carried you a long way, and you were safely dropped at 30 N 48 W"

Basically it could act as a transporter.
It could be a hurricane, tornado, whirlpool, or a tropical storm or something.

I think it would be cool, it would be great if you were running away and you got it. ;)

I think that it should be very rare, and it would help make the game more exciting and event full.

Or if you decided, you could make it fairly common, and this would be a great way to throw off mappers. :D

Post subject: Re: Transporter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:27 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

kInGdRaGuN wrote:
I think there should be another event when searching an island - a Transporter/Hurricane.

If you get this, it would say something like:
"As you're searching for gold, the wind picks up and before you know it you're in the eye of a hurricane."

It would be awesome if the entire game window turned into a graphic of hurricane and then it redirected in 5 seconds back to the game window.

At the top, where the status is it would read something like:
"The hurricane carried you a long way, and you were safely dropped at 30 N 48 W"

Basically it could act as a transporter.
It could be a hurricane, tornado, whirlpool, or a tropical storm or something.

I think it would be cool, it would be great if you were running away and you got it. ;)

I think that it should be very rare, and it would help make the game more exciting and event full.

Or if you decided, you could make it fairly common, and this would be a great way to throw off mappers. :D

I like this idea--a storm takes away 10 moves--a really big storm throws you off course!

If you made it common I don't think it would throw off mappers very much--it would make it a little inconvenient, but they can always re-find themselves on their map. I think having it rare would be better.

I would like to see more stuff like this--rare events that add a little spice into the game! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:25 am 

Sounds good to me, anything to add a bit more excitment into the game. I think it would have to be fairly rare tho, getting thrown about all the time would get to be more of a pain than a novelty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:21 am 

I've actually played a game before that would suddenly send you across the board like that. It was annoying when you were trying to get somewhere or landed in an area you'd already been. I think it definitely made things interesting though. I think it'd be a great addition.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:17 am 

SeaCaptainN wrote:
I like this idea--a storm takes away 10 moves--a really big storm throws you off course!

If you made it common I don't think it would throw off mappers very much--it would make it a little inconvenient, but they can always re-find themselves on their map. I think having it rare would be better.

I would like to see more stuff like this--rare events that add a little spice into the game! :-D

What happened to playing with your little script? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:16 pm 
Yea mikey likey...it would really add some more improbability to the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:31 pm 

Yeh not too bad of an idea. Will be fun to see people pop up from outta know where on your radar. And would kinda stuff people up with the island hopping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:14 pm 

good idea... perhaps even make it so that you've been thrown off course.. and dont know where you are [for a set amount... or random amount of turns] in which the coordinates didn't display at all, on top of being thrown somewhere random on the map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:34 pm 
Spasm Master

I like the idea - would be cool if you were able to escape from being attacked sometimes, or to find a mover you haven't hit. It would make the game more interesting, though I agree to keep it rare

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:17 pm 

Well I have midterms this week so after I'm a little less busy I can get a list together of what everyone wants to see and pass it on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:08 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

kInGdRaGuN wrote:
What happened to playing with your little script? :roll:

This was a good suggestion that wasn't negative! :-D I like it, so I thought I'd say so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:41 pm 

I hate to dig up an older post but was thinking about this very same thing today and decided to do a forum search...

Maybe you don't even have to click on anything, just a random place on the map where you hit a bad storm, hurricane, tornado, whirlpool, ride a whale, whatever and it drops you somewhere else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:04 pm 

So many of my ideas are good, they just all get overlooked. :?