It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Is it good?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
No 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Right click pirate menu
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:01 am 

How about a set menu for when you right click a pirate? It could have actions like "follow", "move to", "jump over", "get details", "invite to chat". If the idea is wanted then we can decide which actions it would have, what they would do, and how they could work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:04 am 

mmmmm - interesting idea but... if following another pirate becomes automatic it will take the strategy out of the game and how will a ship with a 1 move dingy follow a ship with 10 moves?

There is already an ingame chat and i cant see someone in the middle of their moves with 50 fame stopping for a chat.

A right click function could be used for something but i cant think of anything at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:31 pm 

Well the follow function would only work if the ship stayed within the radar and if the ship speed could keep up with the other ship. Also the chat function would just tell the other player they are wanted in chat by someone else so they can wait until a time that suits them or not even go into chat. As for strategy I would think deciding to follow a ship is strategy but not the movement itself. Those are problems with my idea but there must be something like it that could work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:08 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

i really dont think that it takes anything at all when you can "follow ship" because if i see a moving newb... ill just follow it for awhile.. and strike at a later time.. and for chat? it shouldnt be anything that causes any back up on the opponent b/c then this could be used to stop them from moving while trying to attack them or somethin.. just me.. i dont like it, so i voted no.. but it could work out if certain things were fixed and nothing stopped the progress of play