Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just some ideas, for if the game ever comes back...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:36 pm 

Would there be any way to set up the advertisements so that they run full screen for 30-60 seconds? Also would it be possible for them to run at semi-random times?

For example, there could be 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and an hour of play. However nobody would be able to anticipate when an advertisement will come up, so even if they had scripts for autofarming or what have you, they couldn't just set it and forget it, they'd have to actually be present and playing to know when the advertisements come on and to know when they end.

That way, after the ads, they could enter a touring number and all would be hunky-dory. Also, with the full screen ads I know from a game I played in before, they're impossible to fully ignore. Heck, that's how I got my cell phone/service. Full screen ad, couldn't miss it, good deal, I got it. U know?

Another really good thing about the full screen ads is that they would force you to take a break. I don't know how it is for other people, but when I play I get in a ptw zone and I lose track of time. It continues outside the game at a normal pace, but I start when it's daylight and don't finish playing untill long into the wee hours of the morning. It's like it's moving slower inside the game. Even though the game's action packed and I still get scared when I'm playing with even 1 fame.

It would force people to take a break, rest their hands, stretch their legs, what have you. I mean, how many times have you put off going to the bathroom or having a nosh, cuz you kept telling yourself, " just one more island, there could be 100 gold, a prize, or a fame reset, just one more island" ?

I know changing the map has been suggested, but fleets exist, and in a fleet, resources are shared. Things like co-ords for movers, and maps, no matter how incomplete. Folks can have hissy fits but I haven't been able to figure out why anyone should be annoyed by pirates with maps. I mean, pirates have maps, x marks the spot, and so on and so forth, mapping's a compulsion for pirates like untying knots and counting things are compulsions for vampires(I know one of the examples is fictional, well, I never met a vampire, but then I never met a real pirate either).

So since fleets can make and share maps, and get an edge, and fleets/teams are unavoidable; why not embrace them? Make a seperate area of the forums specifically for people to start fleets. Put out open calls, whether they want to start a fleet or join a fleet.

If someone doesn't want to join a fleet of course they wouldn't have to, but still, a lot of folks do, and the sea's an incredibly lonesome and frustrating place when you're a pirate without team mates. You're stuck out there with an imaginary crew, even if you name them, and make up little scenarios and dialogue for them, it's lonesome out there. So why not give fleets a specific part of the forum?

That way, folks could map, and it would be more fair, and they'd be less lonely out there.

I was finally starting to understand the strategy of the game, so I'm kinda jonezin' for a ptw fix right now.

Also, and this is just an opinion and not a suggestion. I never understood why it was okay to have multiple accounts within a single household. People complain about people cheating with multiple accounts, but it seems to me that the complaint could have been avoided from the get, by simply not allowing more than one account per household. I know people within a single household could share an account, and maybe they'd have some sort of an advantage, but would be split however many ways. I mean $160 sounds like a lot till you split it say 4 ways. Then it's not so much, just a really good dinner out and a movie with some change left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:43 pm 

Thats a way to stop FtF. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:34 pm 

1rocco wrote:

If you have proof that i have autofarmed PROVE IT or shut the f*ck up.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:39 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

fearthefox wrote:
1rocco wrote:

Calm down, he's just trying to upset you, and obviously it's working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:40 pm 

now wut was the whole point of sending a pm? once again for the unteenth time FtF could be anything. could mean *** who knows. could be a typing error.

Just to let u kno repust befor u go banning *** is a bundle of sticks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:52 pm 
John the Fisherman

man..this guy must really admire you, fearthefox...

just look at all his posts

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 pm 

CSStriker wrote:
man..this guy must really admire you, fearthefox...

just look at all his posts

HUH CSStriker how could u? You said u wouldnt tell! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:52 pm 

I wasn't finger pointing. I was merely suggesting a way for everyone to make a fresh start. It would be helpful to fox actually. Cuz if he farms as much as I do and attacks a lot of people successfully, he can easily make 2, 3, 4, or even 10x cashout. I attack a very few people successfully. But my point is, that by having something as mundane as a semi-random full screen ad come on the screen and last for 30-60 seconds, then have folks put in a touring number, it would really balance things out, and now that I think about it, maybe even help gold value go down.

If I was forcibly stopped from playing every 15-60 minutes, I would probably look at the clock and say to myself "hey I wanted to watch that movie that's coming on!" or "hey, I promised myself I'd read that book!", instead of getting so focused on the game and some arbitrary ammount of gold I promised myself I'd farm and attack for.

I think the most I ever succeeded on someone for was around 28k, and that was a shock/fluke. With my personal levels of attack and defense the real gold was on the islands.

It takes me about an hour of serious island searching to get 10k. I don't know how long it takes someone with stronger attack and defense to get 100k or even 200k. I reckon it can take a second(if they get lucky and hit someone with lots of gold + lots of fame and succeed, or as long as 10 hours.

For October I was a failure, cuz I decided I wanted to reach 400k when someone told me cashout was going to hit 300k. I just wanted to hit a personal milestone. Reach a personal goal. I fell short. Zigged in a carrack when I should have zagged in a galleon or something.

I was already feeling crummy when the game went down, maybe for good?

Then I remembered pogo.com. Not advertising for them. I just remember that I thought the games were a lot of fun when I first got the internet, and that those 30 second full screen intermissions were good for taking a break, and for finding stuff I needed(sometimes were ads for stuff u could get at the store). Then I remembered someone mentioning a touring number, and it struck me that the admins could kill two birds with one stone, by having full screen ads(which people either sit through or use for an excuse to run to the bathroom), might generate more revenue than small ads at the top of the screen when most of the time I'm focused on playing the game instead of looking at ads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:58 pm 

Nolita wrote:
I wasn't finger pointing. I was merely suggesting a way for everyone to make a fresh start. It would be helpful to fox actually. Cuz if he farms as much as I do and attacks a lot of people successfully, he can easily make 2, 3, 4, or even 10x cashout. I attack a very few people successfully. But my point is, that by having something as mundane as a semi-random full screen ad come on the screen and last for 30-60 seconds, then have folks put in a touring number, it would really balance things out, and now that I think about it, maybe even help gold value go down.

If I was forcibly stopped from playing every 15-60 minutes, I would probably look at the clock and say to myself "hey I wanted to watch that movie that's coming on!" or "hey, I promised myself I'd read that book!", instead of getting so focused on the game and some arbitrary ammount of gold I promised myself I'd farm and attack for.

I think the most I ever succeeded on someone for was around 28k, and that was a shock/fluke. With my personal levels of attack and defense the real gold was on the islands.

It takes me about an hour of serious island searching to get 10k. I don't know how long it takes someone with stronger attack and defense to get 100k or even 200k. I reckon it can take a second(if they get lucky and hit someone with lots of gold + lots of fame and succeed, or as long as 10 hours.

For October I was a failure, cuz I decided I wanted to reach 400k when someone told me cashout was going to hit 300k. I just wanted to hit a personal milestone. Reach a personal goal. I fell short. Zigged in a carrack when I should have zagged in a galleon or something.

I was already feeling crummy when the game went down, maybe for good?

Then I remembered pogo.com. Not advertising for them. I just remember that I thought the games were a lot of fun when I first got the internet, and that those 30 second full screen intermissions were good for taking a break, and for finding stuff I needed(sometimes were ads for stuff u could get at the store). Then I remembered someone mentioning a touring number, and it struck me that the admins could kill two birds with one stone, by having full screen ads(which people either sit through or use for an excuse to run to the bathroom), might generate more revenue than small ads at the top of the screen when most of the time I'm focused on playing the game instead of looking at ads.

:?: :?: :?:

Post subject: Re: Just some ideas, for if the game ever comes back...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 am 

Nolita wrote:
I never understood why it was okay to have multiple accounts within a single household. People complain about people cheating with multiple accounts, but it seems to me that the complaint could have been avoided from the get, by simply not allowing more than one account per household.

I for one am glad that they allow more than one account per household. If my wife didn't ever play this game, I'd be in trouble. I have to get her addicted to games to make her understand why I didn't take out the trash, eat the lawn, water the laundry, fold the kids, mow the dinner, etc.

Sure, I've attacked her by mistake, but I don't think we have any big advantage. (We have never cashed out and are stuck in lower middle pirate hell).

I hope they don't ban multiple accounts from one household.

Post subject: Re: Just some ideas, for if the game ever comes back...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:16 am 

LordAmbush wrote:
Nolita wrote:
I hope they don't ban multiple accounts from one household.

well i dont hav to worry about that now do i repust? and for everyone else dont trust fearthefox :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:03 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

fearthefox wrote:
1rocco wrote:

dont get so defensive.. that in itself is becoming proof.....