I love it! 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
I hate it! 70%  70%  [ 19 ]
I don't care. 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:55 pm 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
3J wrote:
theres got to be a better way to stop farming [mapping/making the game fair] than remove the storms and found moves

we've come up with several suggestions already but taking out the storms and found moves wouldn't be fun

ok.. if we stop farming, we have to stop fishing, which means we'd have to stop hunting.. which means we'd have to stop playing... see where this is going? everyone plays their own way... and will continue to do so... the game is fair as it is.. everyone has the same oppurtunities.. equal oppurtunity = fair... correct?

amen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:59 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

lol..

I pretty much figured this was the response that this was going to receive. From the 20 or so players that regularly visit the forum I didn't think it would get more than a few votes...and it hasn't yet.

I sometimes miss wknight95 and fearthefox "stirring the pot" in the forums. Those guys along with others (for different reasons) would give people someone to temporarily band up against.

:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:16 pm 

diskmedel wrote:
huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
3J wrote:
theres got to be a better way to stop farming [mapping/making the game fair] than remove the storms and found moves

we've come up with several suggestions already but taking out the storms and found moves wouldn't be fun

ok.. if we stop farming, we have to stop fishing, which means we'd have to stop hunting.. which means we'd have to stop playing... see where this is going? everyone plays their own way... and will continue to do so... the game is fair as it is.. everyone has the same oppurtunities.. equal oppurtunity = fair... correct?

amen!

uhhhmmm yah im still sticking to my argument that the game isn't fair for those who choose not to farm, and its obvious that farming is the ONLY way to be a big player in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 pm 

well said again huskers. and thats the point 3j its all about choice stop being such a communist!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:08 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

3J: Farming is not the only way to succeed here. I have watched newer players skyrocket in upgrades without farming.

Farming might be the "safest" way to advance, but it is definitely NOT the most profitable.

It's like investing in a mutual fund. Other strategies might be like investing in eBay stock when it was $10 / share.

Less risk = less reward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:36 pm 

3J wrote:
uhhhmmm yah im still sticking to my argument that the game isn't fair for those who choose not to farm, and its obvious that farming is the ONLY way to be a big player in the game.

Can we just make this 3J's signature and then he will not have to type so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 pm 

Is farming when you make a map and just follow the map to the various islands, etc? If so, why are people so opposed to it? I don't have the time or energy to make a map, but if someone wants to make that commitment, more power to them.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:08 am 

I think the the game is great..It does not matter what you do people are going to complain.....you can not make everyone happy...but you are doing a great job trying ..... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:25 am 
Bros Before Hoes

thanks smiller.. to both posts, didnt post in the other one..

and mike...

thank you, that is the exact point we want 3J to see that he seems to not get through his head...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:36 pm 

I'd like to know why 3J is discriminated against?

Why is his grid randomized EVERY SINGLE DAY, so that Islands/Towns/Lagoons are not in the same spot as they were the day before, and yet EVERYONE else in the game has the same grid, day after day.

Admins, you should stop discriminating against 3J and allow his grid to be the same everyday so that he can make an EFFECTIVE map, just like the rest of us.

This is Horse Hockey if we don't all get the same grid to play on, and PTW keeps select players from making a map to play from. I mean maybe 3J wants to dedicate himself to this game for a few hours a day, but if the admins here at PTW are taking the opportunity to map away from 3J, That's JUST NOT FAIR. He deserves the opportunity to map, just like the rest of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:42 pm 
John the Fisherman

Cremaster wrote:
3J wrote:

Can we just make this 3J's signature and then he will not have to type so much.

HAHA

and NBad, I know you typed that for comedic purposes...and it made me laugh as well

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:23 pm 

Nbad wrote:
I'd like to know why 3J is discriminated against?

Why is his grid randomized EVERY SINGLE DAY, so that Islands/Towns/Lagoons are not in the same spot as they were the day before, and yet EVERYONE else in the game has the same grid, day after day.

Admins, you should stop discriminating against 3J and allow his grid to be the same everyday so that he can make an EFFECTIVE map, just like the rest of us.

This is Horse Hockey if we don't all get the same grid to play on, and PTW keeps select players from making a map to play from. I mean maybe 3J wants to dedicate himself to this game for a few hours a day, but if the admins here at PTW are taking the opportunity to map away from 3J, That's JUST NOT FAIR. He deserves the opportunity to map, just like the rest of us.

It took me a second to realize that this was a joke. I was just about to type a nasty rant. Hey, it's Friday.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:27 am 
Bros Before Hoes

LMFAO Nbad!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:58 pm 

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:51 am 

3J lol's but obviously doesn't understand:
Quote:
3J

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:18 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no husk.. i've been given many people stating that farming IS the only and best way to get to the top and many statements from people who DO farm that farming isn't the only way, however i havn't gotten one statement at all giving another way to get to the top, besides farming.

i reaaaaallly dont care about this game as much as you guys think i do, however i wont stop trying to make it fair for all until it is.

3J,

If everyone has the opportunity to make a map, then the game is FAIR. If certain people are NOT given the opportunity to map, then the game is not fair.

This game is created fair, and everyone has the same opportunity to buy moves or make a map, or fish, or whatever else they want.

--------------------------------------

that farming IS the only and best way to get to the top

Also, isn' his use of Only and Best an oxymoron?

If something, is the ONLY thing, then it cannot be best, because it is not in competition with anything else, right?