It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Good idea??
Yip 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Nope 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Cash
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:15 pm 

Just thinking it would be cool if both by the amount of gold you have and in the details of every attack, there were pictures of cash to show how much cash you have, got, or lost, based on the current cashout rate. The 2 different pictures would be a small pile of silver coins, and a bigger pile of gold coins. Each picture of silver coins is the same as 5 SD and each picture of gold coins is 20 GD. The fomula to what would be showed is 'a=(5/current rate for 5 SD)*amount of gold'. Next you do '(a mod 20)/5' to find out how many pictures of silver to show and 'a/20' to find out how many pictures of gold to show. Both being 0 DP rounded down.

E.g:
If the current cashout rate was 50k for 5 SD and the player had 250k:
5/50=0.1
250*0.1=25
(25 mod 20)/5 to 0 DP rounded down = 1 picture of silver
25/20 to 0 DP rounded down = 1 picture of of gold

These pictures would show just under the amount of gold the player has on the game screen, and at the bottom of the attack log details screen. For the game page it would update with every refresh, and on the attack logs it would update each time the player went to the details of that attack. As already seen I'm rather hopeless at drawing, but would be happy to draw the pictures anyway if wanted.
Basicly the point of the idea is to make it easier to see how much you have based to the current cashout rates without having to check the screen.

P.s:
I'm also hopeless at maths.

Post subject: Re: Cash
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:46 pm 

DM

Great idea for you fat cats, get a couple of nicey nice pictures to look at. Using your formulas, I would have seen 1 SD, during 1 attack, over the past year. Not really that much to get excited about. There really are very few players that cashout. Should I get mocked each time I open my treasure chest? -Chuck

Post subject: Re: Cash
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:40 pm 

You wouldn't have even seen the 1 SD as it would be in amounts of 5 SD and 20 GD only, though you have a good idea there that there could be a 3rd pic. The idea isn't just to help players going for 20 GD though, as I'm sure the players going for 5 SD would want to know when they had enough also. Rather than pics it could even just be the cash value of your gold in brackets. The basis of my idea is to copy the cashout rate which is unstable into a static value, so that people can look at either value to decide what they want to do next. Like how you don't have to know binary code to be able to work a computer because of the user friendly interface.