Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Several suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:36 am 

I've only been plaing this game for a few days and already love it. I am also eagerly waiting for the next update of it.

First thing is the attacking. The attacking should have more to it than just looking at the color to know if you going to win or not. Once you do see a player on your map and click on it you should be brought to a profile page showing things about that player like an overall level, alliances they are in,etc. Not anything that in depth about the player, just an overview with a a generalization on how easy the battle will be. Then you can choose wether to attack them or not.

Next is the map. You can see ships on it but not islands or towns which is a bit contradictive. If you were able to see towns and islands within 10 spaces of you would make it way to easy to find towns and islands to attack. This could be helped by only being able o see islands and towns within half the spaces you can see pirates in.

Then there is your crew. Instead of having crew levels you should be able to hire sailors onto your ship from towns. Each type of ship would have a different max and minimum amount of crew members needed. The more crew members you have the better your ship functions. But with hired sailors you'd have to pay a set amount everyday per sailor.

Another one is the battle system. The actual battles should have a bigger part in the game. Having a battle overview after each battle would show what happened and why you lost if you did lose.

Finaly it would be pretty nifty if you could name your ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:02 am 
Spasm Master

Well, i disagree with thr "shohing of islands and towns" on your radar, because every move you make would show more - you would never land on anything else. If this is the way you want to play, then you will have to make a map, like many others have. This would make the game far too easy.

The others sound kind of cool, but would take a LONG time to do - for right now, I say leave it like it is, but it might be a nice change way off in the future

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:02 pm 

The problem I see with having an extra screen before attacking is that it will make it almost impossible to hit someone who's moving quickly. The person running away has a slight advantage as it is, but it's fairly even. With an extra screen in there it'll be almost impossible to hit a moving target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:24 pm 

Ya i can see how having the extra screen would affect people attacking you... And i can see how the islands on maps thing would make the game not really as fun. It would be nice if you could bring up a profile page on other players if you want to learn about them but not neccasarily have to do that to attack people.