Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you want a reset?
Poll ended at Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 pm
Yes, I want a reset at the end of August! 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but I'd like to wait until the end of September. 44%  44%  [ 17 ]
No! Don't reset my stats! 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
I think the previous three options don't cover my opinion and I've explained why in this thread. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: Re: 08.13.2009 - Do you want a full stat reset?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:06 pm 

I don't agree with a reset. I'm not as strong as many out there, but I would feel like I'd been wasting my time trying to get strong & keep up with the other pirates. I think if we want to encourage newbies into staying in the game, maybe give them more defense when they first start. We have all been there tho & we survived!!! If there was a reset, I think more pirates would play just for cash out. It would ruin a great game.
Just my humble opinion. :pirat: :salut:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 pm 

yeah a reset would be good but need to send out a mass email and let all the pirates that quit a chance to vote and maybe get quite a few back playing that might make it very interesting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:49 am 

One question.... Don't some other games, that people pay for, don't they also have ending points? I play another game that resets every month and it is a challenge to try and improve every month.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:05 am 

i like the idea of a monthly reset but have an option of getting the SD for 10k or add a new feature where at the end of the month have a draw for first sec etc by getting a ticket in the draw by swapping 20k for as ticket so you still will need to upgrade and the more you spend on moves etc the more gold u can get and get more tickets in the draw but also make it so that anyone can win but the more gold u get the more tickets you get the greater thje chance of winning

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:56 am 

i my opinion i think this game needs to have a reset as a lot of people have said to keep it going we need new people and they need to be given a chance to keep up with everyone else instead of them feeling like gold doners for everyone and if we dont get new players this game will die

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:50 pm 

I think there are plenty of other options available. Maybe some kind of reset only for when players cashout? (I once played a game that cut your stats in half when you cashed out)

I also like the idea of having other uses for our gold, such as tickets to prize drawings or maybe set up a shop where we can purchase PTW hats/shirts/etc with our gold or silver dollars.

Or having more small prize pearls (ie $5 giftcard to Amazon). Those can be won no matter what level you are, so new players still have a chance at getting something.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:04 pm 

thats all well and good but how do the new guys get hold on to there gold to do all these things a reset gives them a chance to work there way up the ladder in a fair way and evens out the playing feild for all :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:30 pm 

legowife wrote:
I think there are plenty of other options available. Maybe some kind of reset only for when players cashout? (I once played a game that cut your stats in half when you cashed out)

I know it too...
Initially I hated that system, but then I have understood that it works well . With this half reset they would be boardable also players as goldpirate and mr. six, and I think that they would have a good time more also

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 am 

26 players have voted
i think you need to send out a mass mail to all old players
as if thats all that play now you may as well just let it die :( :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:27 am 

Hello: Concerning stats: Some would like this and some would not: and this is just a suggestion:
When cashout occurs and the choice is made at the end of the month to take the money and run
The upgrades of those cashing out should be reduced. Thus giving others a chance to reach a level of cash out
for the following month............AKA CaptainFearless............... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:48 pm 

I could live with stats being cut when you cashout.However if this is done, I feel the cap on the amount you cashout for should be lifted.If you are gonna have your ship cut down it should be worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:24 pm 
John the Fisherman

mr 6, you hit the nail on the head...I'm glad to see you approach this the way you did, and that is how many of us have been forced to look at it when the stats would get reset...

Its enjoyable to play the game all over again...a fresh start to be able to hit all the pirates, and the chance to become the best and change your tactics are refreshing

Might there be a way to create a rank of the top 20 or so players that they could receive some SD or something for the time and effort they put into their current stats?

and I voted yes, but at the end of Sept. Let everyone have one more chance to test other strategies, then one more month to cashout

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

I think that PTW is set up pretty nice as it is and am almost always going to come down against resets. I think the increasing cost of the upgrades does allow for lower people to catch up if they play smart and have some strategy.

I've played since the inception of the game and stopped during the monthly resets. I would quit again if the game went to monthly resets. That is a personal preference. However, having played for that long, there are a couple of suggestions I would make that I have not seen mentioned.

Most of the suggestions seem to be centered around "leveling the playing field" and while there is some merit in that, completely changing the landscape of PTW makes no sense to me. I am certain that whatever changes are made, there will always be some disgruntled players. Additionally, it is an illusion to think that 90% of the people that try the game will not leave. There seems to be about a 10% retention rate to me, give or take a little.

I think the biggest change I would think makes the most sense for allowing new players an advantage is to have a sitting ship lose less gold than if you are active say within the last hour or so. I have seen player after player complain about logging out, and then logging in the next day to see half of yesterday's take disappear while they were away. I think a sitting ship should lose none or maybe 10% of a moving ship with no fame. so instead of 1% it should be .1%. If they leave with fame, the same rules as now would apply. The strong pirates would have to continue to have a strategy rather than stopping when you are strong enough to be attacked by only a few or like now when the top two pirates have a no hit with each other and no one else can get in on them. Not that this really matters to me as I have made my style of play so this does not really affect me, but I think I have seen more complaints about losing gold while you are away from the game than any other. I think the fame should stay as it is now and if you are active, even with no fame, the rules should stay the same. Active being the last 15 min, 30 or whatever.

Lastly I think that all active players should be listed somewhere for all players to see. Chat or messengers give advantage to those that use them, and for the field to be more "level", everyone should be able to see who is active.

I disagree with losing stats for cashout, as the cashout is a penalty already in the sense you are not using that gold for upgrades allowing others to close the gap and the increasing cost of upgrades also allows for the gap to close.

I think the prize pearls are valuable to allow anyone a chance to win something as long as they are playing, but disagree that there should be more to do with the gold.

I disagree with the policy of being able to cash in for silver doubloons at any time.

So, while I disagree with reset fundementally, I would concede that as changes occur to the game, then a reset makes sense. Therefore a reset every month, six months or any set time I am totally against it, but as changes are made, then a reset makes sense. Like when the coords were removed. If there are changes now also.

The thing is, PTW is a pretty solid game fundementally or it would not be a game that lasted 4-5 years. I think any changes made should be small since wholescale changes could and most likely would have unintended consequences.

ptr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:25 pm 
John the Fisherman

"I disagree with losing stats for cashout, as the cashout is a penalty already in the sense you are not using that gold for upgrades allowing others to close the gap and the increasing cost of upgrades also allows for the gap to close. "

cashing out isn't exactly a penalty to anyone...its you taking money out of a game.

it makes a penalty to your upgrades which can make it somewhat harder when you start back up again the next month, but I can see how that would be a good thing for some

I always enjoyed having low gold amounts and just running around hitting anyone and everyone for the chance to sink a ship...farming gets lame after a while, which is the main reason why I don't play as regularly as I used to...

as for closing the gap, you can only go so far before you get dropped down again with people being able to get through you that you can't return fire with..it gets rather frustrating when they take some off you, then you chase them down only to fail and even worse, get gold stolen

If that is implemented and you don't want to lose stats and gold, don't cashout. the choice is yours

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:03 pm 

i started back again in april... not sure when the last reset was but all those that played from the reset had at least a 2 month lead on me... now i have one of the strongest defences on the ocean and my attack is by far not the worst

it can take me up to 8 hours a day just to do my moves and is hard work... so should i be penalised for that hard work?

i can see no reason why those behind cannot catch me if they are willing to put in some work too... roughly half of my months takings can go in cashout so what are those not cashing out doing?????

how can those who rush through their moves in 10 or 20 mins expect to have wonderfully strong ships and make cashout month after month?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next