Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do you want a reset?
Poll ended at Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 pm
Yes, I want a reset at the end of August! 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but I'd like to wait until the end of September. 44%  44%  [ 17 ]
No! Don't reset my stats! 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
I think the previous three options don't cover my opinion and I've explained why in this thread. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: 08.13.2009 - Do you want a full stat reset?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:24 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

People have been asking me about it. It's been over six months since you started working your way up the pirate ladder... Are you ready for a reset?

Post subject: Re: 08.13.2009 - Do you want a full stat reset?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm 

If I had to vote yes or no on the full stat reset, I would vote no.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:45 pm 

I will not be able to go through a reset and still continue to play. I have been a busy pirate and put a lot of time into the game. A little cash as well but that is not the issue. The issue I will have is that I don't play for the $$$, I can not recall ever cashing out (and very seldom being qualified to cash out). I have time in the game and a reset will remove the time that I have in the game.

I would have played much differently if I had known that there would be a reset. For one all my stats would have been on offense. I have played and planned for a game that did not reset.

It is only a game though.

I think there are other ways to keep the game up and interesting with out constant resets. I have a few ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:34 pm 

I'll vote no. I should also point out that a full stat reset would probably benefit me greatly, since my stats are on the low side. But it isn't fair to all of the people who have spent a lot of time and money on the game building up their stats.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:53 am 

I voted yes.There are several new players and a reset would even things up , thus giving them a better chance. Plus I think a reset would be really interesting. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 am 

heres an idea
game and stats resets at the end of every month( gives an equal opportunity for new and old players)
upgrade costs are lowered(since we are only playing month by month)
cashout still at the end of every month

i think this idea gives more of an equal opportunity for new players and older players..older players who farm,fish or hunt can carry on their style of play,while newer players have equal opportunity at the beginning of a new month,it should attract new players knowing that they only have to wait a month before they have another fighting chance at playing..as i see it now..New players have no chance at all and get discouraged very easy thus leaving a very small playerlist
lets work on getting more ships on the seas and make it interesting for everyone..
any ideas to this one..add them here..
Lets make this game more competitive and interesting again for everyone
right now its just the same old players doing the same old thing
there are people out there that can afford to spend a few dollars in this game if they can see the light at the end of the tunnel
the way the game is now..there is no light and there are barely any new players..i remember back in the day you couldnt move more than 10 spaces without bumping into another moving pirate..as the game progresses right now the sea will become more and more empty as time goes by

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:43 pm 

no, thanks... this would mean that the time that I have used in the game has been only wasted time... :|

I quote Cremaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:01 pm 

I believe that I have more to lose with this idea than anyone except for maybe goldpirate. I don't have a problem with it myself. I was the very one that called for a reset over a year ago. I believe that it has it's advantages. For one thing the game becomes monotonus if played continually for a year or so. I can certainly understand why players would hate this idea though. It does mean that all the work I've done is gone to the winds of the game. However, if you just keep the game going for too long then new players certainly have no incentive.
Cashout is out of reach for most of us as it is because no new players in their right mind would buy moves. They would only have to build up to 10k and cashout for a silver daubloon. Then they could build up a treasure chest full of them and then buy resets (or moves).
It's been fun, but it really may be time to reconsider the format of the game and give it a reset. Just my humble opinion.

Six

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:09 pm 

I would like to add one suggestion for when the game is reset. I think that a lower cost for upgrades is a good idea except for radar. I think that is the one item that should be increased in cost.

Six

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:34 pm 

I think that the game stats should be reset once a year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:52 pm 

i have to say i agree with mr six shooter. i do not like the idea of a monthly reset at all. About the time you get going good you have to start over. you cannot build a strong boat in a months time, therefore you would not be able to save up enough gold to make cashout.And when we did the monthly thing before I found I got bored with it really fast.

Also want to add that I still want the coords back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:01 pm 

just a quick note here
a fairly decent ship can be built in a month if the cost of upgrades were to be lowered
experienced players will have the know how on building a ship up fast
If i had put alot of time and effort into this game i would prolly not be too happy about a stat and map reset but sometimes you gotta think outside the BUN
lets say for instance the game doesnt reset and we continue playing the same way it is now..say 6 months down the line,how many pirates do you think would stay active on the seas,compared to the possible number of new players that would accept the challange of playing this game if they knew they had a chance of getting somewhere with a monthly or 2 monthly reset.
you only have to look at the sunken pirates thread to see the new guys aint hanging around long,and even the old timers too.
Im not trying to put down anyones suggestion,just trying to create a few of my own..
the more input we get , the more a viable solution we may be able to come to..I just personally feel that a reset done on a regular basis wether it be one month or 2 would have more of an impact for new players..lets be honest if you had to start over knowing that there are other players that have been building up their ship for 6 months plus..how long do you think you would last..
all thoughts are welcome
happy hunting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:13 pm 

The annual reset could be an idea. But how he/she can actively play who enters in May and it discovers that after four months there will be a reset? "ok, pals... c ya in september..."

mmmm.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:51 pm 

Aldebran,
I think you misunderstood my position on a reset. I think a reset in a good idea. I have more to lose than most other pirates and I am o'k with it. By resetting the stats a new player has a chance to make good on their attacks as I do. They may also be tempted to buy moves and resets.
I think that making it possible to buy silver daubloons with 10k was a good idea at first glance but now I believe that it has had an adverse affect on the game. Perhaps it should be raised to 20k for a silver daubloon. If the game is to be reset every 6 months or so then maybe like I suggested before that radar be more expensive.

Six

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:03 pm 

I just had a thought.If you reset stats let everyone change their username if they want.Then no one will know who anyone else is.Could add a whole new degree of difficulty to the game.