Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Put the time you have problems with server here
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:05 am 

Not a bitch. If everyone would post when they have slow or frozen PTW server maybe that would help administration pinpoint the problem. Check other sites to be sure it is not your conection.

October 20 2006 @ 12:50 a.m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:12 am 

Here's what I think:

It is most likely the radar, your firewall (the ISP firewall and/or the windows firewall) and mostly shared access to the database.

Look at it this way two people access the same information from the database. The server has to make a copy of the data you have both just accessed and then process it one at a time "first in first out". It then transmits the information back to the both of you. Now if you both keep trying to move then the information keeps getting changed one at a time the copies of the database start backing up in the queue awaiting processing. Now have this happen with 25, 50, 100, or even 500 other people all in different areas of the database and what happens? You got it LAG

Now, depending on how fast your computer can process packets being sent and/or received and how well the PTW server can handle its queue can determine how much of a lag you're going to get. Especially if one of you happens to be on dial-up. It will take longer for a dial-up connection to receive information and transmit back an ok than it would for a person on DSL or Cable.

As for radar, Every time you make a move with max radar your trying to get the latest information on a 10x10 grid, if theres alot of activity near you and you attack someone and try to move it has to process the attack then update your screen his screen their screen process both logs update the radar grid make some other calculations (moves to the attack, Fame, ect...) send this information back to you and them and the others allthewhile reprocessing the radar grid on all ends and now if a packet happens to get caught up in an already slow firewall or God forbid ~times out~ your going to hang waiting on them to re-receive and re-transmit. it's Lag, lag, lag, and more lag.

So, good luck trying to get anywhere with the times that it happens. ur better off trying to figure out who your near or who you attack when this happens and just try to avoid them the next time you run across them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:54 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

I do not know if it is a time of day type of thing of if a lot of people come on during that time, but 3 days in a row I noticed a big lag spike at 9:55pm. I would be going along pretty good and them wham, 30-40 seconds per page load. Last night I actually saw it twice, once at 9:50 and again at 9:55. 10 min later, everything is moving a lot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:54 pm 

It's all day everyday for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:11 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

kingDRAGun wrote:

in order to know this you must play all day every day.. maybe you just play at the peak times katie.. dont make a general statement unless you can back it up.. i know for a fact that it lags much worse at what i would consider the peak hours for us players than it does at any other times during the day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:30 pm 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
kingDRAGun wrote:

in order to know this you must play all day every day.. maybe you just play at the peak times katie.. dont make a general statement unless you can back it up.. i know for a fact that it lags much worse at what i would consider the peak hours for us players than it does at any other times during the day...

:lol:
it's a good thing you don't reply to every one of my posts

^^sarcasm is meant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:43 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

kingDRAGun wrote:
huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
kingDRAGun wrote:

:lol:
it's a good thing you don't reply to every one of my posts

^^sarcasm is meant

In response to the all day every day comment... if you would get something other than dialup, this would not be the case.

In response to the second part...

ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been said before, no need to repeat, so in the words of Stan the man Lee...

'NUFF SAID!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:20 pm 

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have yahoo DSL high speed...

KingDragun wrote:
it feels like i have dial up when I play this game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:00 am 
Bros Before Hoes

kingDRAGun wrote:
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have yahoo DSL high speed...

KingDragun wrote:
it feels like i have dial up when I play this game

great for you?

then you would know the game isnt fuking slow all day every day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:15 pm 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
great for you?

No...I wouldn't know..not when the game page takes at least 5 seconds to load on a GOOD day. Usually it's 15 seconds - and that, my good friend, is pretty damn close to dial up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:10 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

kingDRAGun wrote:
huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
great for you?

No...I wouldn't know..not when the game page takes at least 5 seconds to load on a GOOD day. Usually it's 15 seconds - and that, my good friend, is pretty damn close to dial up.

then your "high speed" is dialup... without any scripts running, it takes less than a second to load for me on a normal day, with the lags taking about 2 seconds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:35 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Tonight I had a minor lag spike at 21:43 and 21:52 (timed out once), medium lag spikes between 21:55 and 21:57 (timed out twice) and a massive lag spike at 2230 (timed out 4 or 5 times in a row).

Last edited by bcp19 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:00 pm 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
kingDRAGun wrote:
huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
great for you?

then your "high speed" is dialup... without any scripts running, it takes less than a second to load for me on a normal day, with the lags taking about 2 seconds...

congrats....i dont really care how long it takes for you..

i was asked when it happens to me, and i said what i had to say. that's it!!! end of story....no matter how bad you want to be right, YOU'RE NOT!! fact is fact...

and my high speed IS infact high speed. otherwise, i wouldn't find it odd that the ONLY pages that take forever to load are the PTW game pages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:00 am 
Bros Before Hoes

well lets ask everyone else... is there a time.. at all.. even for a couple clicks.. where it doesnt lag?

if yes... then your wrong katie, it isnt bad 24/7

if no... then im wrong..

id guess that its not always bad...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:48 pm 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
well lets ask everyone else... is there a time.. at all.. even for a couple clicks.. where it doesnt lag?

if yes... then your wrong katie, it isnt bad 24/7

if no... then im wrong..

id guess that its not always bad...

wait..

WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER IF FOR OTHER PEOPLE IT DOESN'T LAG!??!

I WAS VOICING MY FACT ON HOW OFTEN IT LAGS FOR ME
NOT ANYONE ELSE..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next