Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:43 pm 

ok, cut me a little slack cuz as much as i read the forum and see all the talk about storms, generators and percentages i don't fully understand it. what are the percentages applied against? I mean, idk what they are, but let's say storms are 10%. Is that applied to my daily moves? Overall daily moves? weekly moves? see what i'm asking? does the question make sense?
The reason why i ask is this, up until today, I've never felt that i had a complaint about hitting too many storms. some days, not that i kept track, but it seemed like maybe out all my moves i was unlucky enough to hit about a half dozen. My 'moves found' felt like an outrageous stroke of luck. today... well today, i felt like i made up for almost all the storm and 'you've found nothing' evading that I had been pulling off all month! Even my plundered gold felt very minimal. It might have been a rough day, but overall, i felt like I had it coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:25 pm 
the evil pirate

did my first 200 moves tonight

first 200 moves 14 storms , i probably hit 150 islands out of 200 moves

so far im doing way better than yesterday and im not being sarcastic either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:33 pm 

but the thing is its the same for everyone so its all fair!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:31 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

yes smiller to a certain point.. those people who have money to play are more then welcome to do so, and have the advantage.. but say someone like katie or matt.. they are freshmen or sophomores in highschool.. they dont have access to purchase moves.. so is it really fair to them? i honestly feel that if they wanna spend all the time farming up moves to use, they should have every right and possibility to do this just like others did in the old ptw...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:03 pm 
the evil pirate

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
yes smiller to a certain point.. those people who have money to play are more then welcome to do so, and have the advantage.. but say someone like katie or matt.. they are freshmen or sophomores in highschool.. they dont have access to purchase moves.. so is it really fair to them? i honestly feel that if they wanna spend all the time farming up moves to use, they should have every right and possibility to do this just like others did in the old ptw...

what about people who buy 100-200 moves, if there is something wrong with the random generator and they get blasted by 3-5 storms in a row, do you think they will buy moves again?

i just hit 200 more islands, i quit counting storms after 15 , my moves dropped by 160 so i probably hit WAY more

this game was my salvation for the HUGE amount of stress i deal with my store, 5 kids, government, lawsuits, non-paying rental units, sick grandparents etc etc etc .... and this month ive only walked off the computer 2 times less stressed than i started.

i did well over 1 million moves in the old PTW (close to 2 million i think) , if ANYONE should know something is WRONG, i think i would be qualified!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:31 pm 
John the Fisherman

haha

pop reigns supreme!

Well, this is what I HONESTLY think, although I might get a ton of flamage for it...

As far as the game goes, I know that as soon as the game reset and everytone was equal, that will no matter what be the best time for income for the game...

And as far as purchasing moves and fame resets, it seems that with everyone making maps, there will be no need for purchasing anything, unless you are a new player and want to buy some, but at that time the bigger dogs will be able to smash them while they make thier attempt to climb the food chain...

It seems to me like a couple things should be thought about...

I wouldn't mind seeing the map getting shuffled after EVERY MONTH

this would cause the members to map more and it would give everyone a possible shot to make the piracy race...If you want to be on top, you gotta map and play smart..also, some might want to get a good head start on mapping and buy some moves to map the first day so they can do a nice line of island hopping the next...

And as far as stats and such are concerned, I wouldn't mind seeing the game get reset once a year

The reset was exciting...I couldn't wait for 1 am where I could run around with everyone hoping for my chance to get an edge on everyone...

I have been thinking about this for a while now...let me know what you guys think

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:45 am 
Bros Before Hoes

another...

307 islands... 21 storms...

1 storm for ever 14.61 islands..

and of those 21.. only 3 of those were in the 1st 134+ islands.. but since its a sample all must be considerd...

if we went by that though.. that would be 1 storm for every 9.61 islands....