Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Radar Behavior
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:07 pm 

With my radar turned on here is what is happening. A green moves into my radar and then freezes and of course attacks me. Green succeeds or fails. When you attack they are gone. It is not like a pirate that hits and runs, it is different. They freeze the radar screen and move away and you still see them........... Like I said it not like getting whacked in the normal sense. Something is different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:08 am 

At first I didn't understand what you meant but it just happened to me also. There was a pirate on my radar which attacked me and just stayed there, as in for about 5 or more seconds. But as soon as I click the ship is gone and it says it moved. No pirate with fame would wait there for that long unless they wanted to be hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:45 am 

I thought so. Capt'nn I think that DarkMyst and I have both done our share of attacking and being attacked and know when something is not acting right. I hope you can look into this when you get a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:34 am 

I think the problem may just be when the ship attacks you because it happened again. Even refreshing the page doesn't remove the ship, you really need to click it or reopen the whole page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:26 pm 

happened to me on one person too, i would of got a fair bit too, i just hope this is just a bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:04 pm 

it has somthing to do with the picture verification i bet, happened to me a few times as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:10 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

This is definitely a bug, and not how the game is supposed to work--I'm looking into it. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:18 pm 
John the Fisherman

sweet...

sometimes I would sit there and look for a coin to flip while they "appeared" to still be sitting on my computer, haha...

by the time I found the coin, flipped it, then came back to attack, they would still be here...then I would click, read that they left, and move...they wouldn't be there, and I would roam around...I got stumped, haha

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 am 

Something similar just happened to me. It may not be related because it sounds different but you never know... It sounds like the others were actually watching their RADAR while I was not (at the time)

I had my RADAR up and running. Eventually, I got distracted with what I think most people would call real life...

When I clicked back on the game, someone was there. I clicked the attack log to see if they were waiting to for me to attack first or did they just land there and ran out of moves? I clicked on the attack log to see if they had hit me... Sure enough they did... around 45 minutes prior...

Why would they be sitting there? hmmm... When I went to click on them, the authorization window popped up, I clicked on all the gold and when that screen went away, the person was gone...

If you look at the logs here is the time info from the attack... You can see if that person moved right away or not...

Date & time of attack 21 Apr 2007 @ 06:26:45
Elapsed time since attack
( hh:mm:ss) 56 mins

Using IE 6 SP2

Could this somehow be related to the authorization routine? Or was did it happen before that was in place? Or possibly the new PTW clock in the attack window? Is 17 April the first time this problem reared its ugly head?

I think the assayers are doing it maybe they have psychic powers that we don't know about or maybe it is a magic pearl!!!!! :wink: (sorry just kidding)

Hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:55 am 
John the Fisherman

that's pretty much what happens chaos

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:10 pm 

It happened two more times today. As a test, I left the RADAR on "LIVE" and went about my business... a few hours later I would return to see someone parked next to me... I would click to refresh the screen, the auth screen would come up and when I got back the itty bitty dot was gone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:20 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

happend to me...

Details
You were attacked by
Freshy80
Pirate's location
139N - 147E
Attack Status
Pirate Failed
Gold you stole
0 pieces

Event Log
Your location at the time of attack
138N - 146E
Date & time of attack
22 Apr 2007 @ 22:11:43
Elapsed time since attack
( hh:mm:ss)
06 mins 40 secs

(we are both gone by now so dont worry w/ coords)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:36 pm 
the evil pirate

i am also having the same problem , i believe the "ghost" remain on the screen like a screenshot before the authenticator(sp) kicks in. i have been using this to show me who is out moving around when im not at the computer. when i come back online i go hunt them down!!

the problem im having today is much worse, i have had 3 people appear on my screen and look stationary but it i refresh they are gone.

cant farm, cant fish, i can still hunt but moves burn up too quick due to the poisonous islands i stumble on, VERY FRUSTRATED!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:49 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I think I may have cleared up some of the radar bugs... Let me know if they continue to recur.

I will have an announcement about the moves soon.