Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: multiple clicking
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:29 am 

multiple clicking really stinks....This is what I consider as lag....it does lag...I never considered that it may not be lag and just having to repeat the clicks. It happens to everyone i've spoken to ...the white page of death is a real killer...I've changed my schedule so I could play without getting hit...this is idea backfired...

Oh ya, has anyone sunk a ship lately? I think it got turned off again since I usually get at least one a day....now its been days and nothing...it was kinda nice having that bonanza a few weeks ago...its the only way I have been able to upgrade in a long time...now its a nowhere game cause of the lag/multiple click syndrom..(how do you spell that?) I think its the radar just like that other game I play..Once it got turned off, the game has fewer crap out moments. I stopped turning on the radar here and it made no difference.

looking forward to cashing out my treasure chest...I am very discouraged about playing with the glitches...this game requires speed, not lag

Post subject: Re: multiple clicking
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:39 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

The ship-sinking hasn't been turned off. There are ships almost ready to sink around the map. It comes and goes in waves, depending on when players sign up and when they stop playing.

As to the lag / white pages of death, I am working on it. I have been saying this for some time, of course, but if you can bear with me I may have something better worked up. It's a really hard thing to diagnose because it doesn't happen for everyone at the same time and I can barely ever get it to happen to me.

You should never click more than once on the same page--that will only exacerbate your problems. Once you click, it sends the request to the server, and after that you probably won't be able to click on the same page without the server being unhappy with you. That was how the database was designed 2 years ago. So, clicking once and then clicking again will most likely just generate an error anyway.

I've already moved the forum and the main WWW site off of the game server, and that has taken some of the load off. I'm trying to redesign the game into a smaller, leaner, faster codebase, but I don't know the effect that that will have yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:41 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

I'll bear with you! Ive noticed that having to many pages open at one time usually triggers it for me. If i close out the member home box once I've opened the game window it smooths things out and i can cruise faster. I also noticed that sometimes.... not all the time, if i have the chat window open, game window open, and attack log open it slows it down a bit. NO biggie. At least i know your working on it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:03 pm 
the evil pirate

wwsucks wrote:
...I've changed my schedule so I could play without getting hit...this is idea backfired...

it's not your fault wwsucks , you were hit by the pirate that never sleeps lol

2am 5am 8am 11am 3pm 7pm 11pm , i usually take a 2 hour nap sometime between one of these times, you'll be safe then, well from me anyways :)

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com