Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pages loading too slow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:17 pm 

the pages are loading wayyy to slow...The last 2 days have been especially bad...Sometimes it takes up to 3 seconds for the page to load after clicking on a link or it switches to either a black blank page or the white page of death..when I got the white page of death today, I had to make 3 attempts to get the site to reload -- I had to close the page down and try again and again. Luckily no one caught me, but I can see this becoming a real issue since we are like sitting ducks out there waiting for the friggin pages to load with or without the glitches

Post subject: Re: pages loading too slow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:07 pm 
the evil pirate

wwsucks wrote:
Luckily no one caught me

Zoinks!!

wwsucks Success 26186 Gained

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:16 pm 

popcan wrote:
wwsucks wrote:
Luckily no one caught me

Zoinks!!

wwsucks Success 26186 Gained

Couldn't resist rubbing it in eh pop?

I agree the slow page loads suck but not so sure it's the servers cause at times it's lightning fast. Think it might be the net. I did however get caught due to the slowness at one point today!

nsng20 Success 7195 Lost

Got some more salt for me too pop?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:25 pm 
the evil pirate

Subliminal wrote:
Got some more salt for me too pop?

Subliminal Success 53 Gained

luckily freckles was by a few minutes before you donated :)

Freckled_Pirate Success 26859 Gained

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:34 pm 

Well, I can't feel too bad for Freckles as they been visiting me at night along with others but they came to me before you did.

Freckled_Pirate Success 165 Lost

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:40 pm 

now I'm pissed. the game was going great and then i popped into a blue dot...crap i cant move
smiller Success 71900 Lost

finally pulled myself out of the grunge only to get smacked again in one move - again I can't move WTF!!!
DarkMyst9 Success 36066 Lost
it took me gdfe to get what i had only to lose half in one hit and half again in the next

no fame resets found until I played at least 600 moves...with this lagging game freeze there should be more fame resets out there

I know I'm tougher than some of players out there, but the stronger players are slaughtering everyone. I hate having to farm the smaller guys but thats the only way to get gold..it would be different if the game didn't lag so bad...I'm beginning to hate this game...no I already do...

between the white page of death, which I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing to make it happen, today all I did was click on an Island once and it happened. I closed the window cause it wouldnt go away and clicked on the game link and exactly like it happened to wwsucks according to his post, whereas the page would not load and I had to close the game down...it still wouldnt load until I tried the second time...meanwhile precious seconds are ticking away and I'm going balistic...postal!! If wwsucks were here, lucky for him he went out to take the dog for a run, I would have hit him just to have someone to take it out on lol.

I don't know why I keep playing...I'm fed up with putting $$ into this game and not getting anything back...I've cashed out $20 once since I started playing.
I wish someone would figure out whats wrong here. This has been going on for way too long. No wonder newbies keep quitting...in fact I've noticed bigger players are gone too. I guess I'm not the only disgruntled player.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:37 pm 

I'm also going for a dog walk now, but just wanted to say sorry about the gold and I sure had to run to get it. Was hard enough just getting the name of the blue ship since you flew past without hitting my ship first. Didn't think I would even be able to catch you, as I've never seen you go quite so fast. Would be cool if you both stayed in the game though. Smillier got me also but was a bit early, :lol: .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:36 am 

I hate this problem to. It has gotten me this week. I don't want to say how much gold I have lost this week because it is sad. Please fix the game. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:55 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I just ran around the map searching and attacking towns and I never got a page generation time longer than 0.01 seconds. A few times it took a little longer for the page to load, but that means it was an Internet thing and not a problem with the server.

I don't want to start attacking people to test this out, but so far I can't get a long page generation nor can I get a "white page of death".

I AM trying to fix this game. I've tried several things already, most of which have been rejected by you the players.

I am now working on a whole new rewrite that will give me total control over the interface and eliminate all the problems with various web browsers and junk. It is based off of Adobe Flash, so you'll need Flash Player, but since 96% of internet-connected computers have it anyway, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've had a setback, though, as my hard drive totally died on my laptop. It's currently at a drive recovery center, costing me a ton of money to attempt to get my data back. After that it is going to go to Apple for the warranty-replacement of the drive.

I have a new laptop now, so I should be able to work on it again. :-D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:44 pm 

I was dancing circles around Mikefreelove, made a strike then noticed he was following me...next thing I know, I can't move and he gets me for

Mikefreelove Success 14072 Lost
I dont think its the internet cause Robs not home and no one is using his computer...nothing else lags and I have been online all morning and afternoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:48 pm 
John the Fisherman

well, it seems like maybe something is just wrong with your computer or something...

I imagine it's tough for the captain to be seeing all these people complain about something he can't fix...

Hopefully we can keep trying new things to see what we can come up with

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:28 pm 

SeaCaptainN wrote:
I have a new laptop now, so I should be able to work on it again. :-D

Ah so that's where the laptop pearl got to... :lol:

Really hope you get all your data back though and haven't lost family photos etc. I know what it's like losing a heap of files from the computer and it sure isn't fun.