Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keep getting kicked out
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:10 pm 

Whenever I try to play, I have a couple of moves & then get kicked out. A message comes up saying "cannot be conected" It has been happening since the server was changed over. Are you able to help me please. It is quite frustrating :(

Post subject: Re: Keep getting kicked out
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:17 pm 

The exact message comes up:
"Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site: http://game.piratetheworld.com/game/bat ... 1dbd7bc5e4.
Operation aborted" if that helps at all. I have tried on the 'original' game board & the 'with frames' game board with the same result.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:40 am 

What version of IE are you using??. Maybe use Firefox until this can be fixed??.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:10 pm 

Hey thanks heaps Darkmyst9. I have changed to Mozilla Firefox & am no longer being kicked out. I really appreciate your help :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:12 pm 

Good to hear you got it sorted. You should still have the option of using IE though if you want help with that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:23 pm 

Thanks Darkmyst, I will try it again in a week or so & will let you know if there is still a problem & need your help. I'm not very computer savy so you might have quite a job on your hands. I didn't even know what IE was, had to ask the girl at work :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:04 am 
John the Fisherman

HAHA

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:32 am 

I just wonder if all the pirates appreciate DarkMyst (Ralph) as much as I do. Whenever there is a problem, he is usually the first one to reply besides admin. I have learned so much from him. He is such a wonderful young man with a lot of knowledge. Thank you, Ralph for always being there for old and new pirates alike. We need more people in this world like you. And thank you to all the other pirates out there who are always on the lookout to help other pirates. This is such a wonderful site. I love the family feel.........lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:02 pm 

I must agree with you globell45!!! If it weren't for Darkmyst, I would have just given up & stopped playing. Hip Hip Horray for Darkmyst. I certainly appreciate him!!! :D Not so much when he steals my gold though :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:48 am 

Sorry about the late reply and thanks for the post.
I'm quick to reply because I'm good at multi-tasking, though that does still need more practice and I doubt it will ever be to the same level as most females can. My mind could do with a faster CPU, but then I'd have to eat more (Which doesn't sound all that bad.).
The lot of knowledge is because of lots of disk space up there, but getting the info to save is the main problem. Takes about 3 times before it sticks, otherwise I forget.
Also I there's lots of helpful people there, just they prob don't spend as much time online as I do. I've been noticing CSStriker helping lots of players on the forums lately.
Sorry about the hits Angieb, I'm happy for a truce. I don't remember any good reason to go for your ship other than the gold. If I remember correctly it started when I was fishing early in the morning and you hit me, so I hit back and got around 5k (Probably my biggest hit on you.). So I've been hitting since.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:25 am 
John the Fisherman

:)

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:14 pm 

Gosh that CSStriker is a happy wee thing!!! :D Always smiling or laughing, good to see someone so happy!!!

Thanks for the offer of a truce Darkmyst, but I feel it would not be fair on you. It would certainly benefit me as you almost always get more off me than I get off you. I sure don't hold it against you, it is the name of the game after all. I will just have to work harder to get stronger so you can't get so much off me :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:24 am 

Well is fine if you do, got a truce with more than I can count already. By default I often stop hitting those who don't go for me anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:55 pm 

i think dm has a truce with just about everyone :lol:

but i would guess he is the same as me ...i generally only hit those that hit me even on the occasions i was one of the strongest on the seas

and right now having been offline for a while i am over 2 months behind most so in the most part hitting back is a waste of time .... but im catching up fast and there will be a time to pay the piper so to speak :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:16 pm 

I must admit Darkmyst, I went past you the other day & couldn't bring myself to attack you. I would have felt bad since i wouldn't be playing any more if it weren't for you. If I do hit you from here on in it will only be cos I'm going so fast I haven't realized it's you :) Please feel free to attack me though, I'd rather you got my gold than some of the others who always seem to know when to hit me when my fame is high.

Kingman, I have got a bit off you in the last few months. Nothing personal, you were just such an easy target. Only little bits each time though :)