Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mass Mail message for those who didn't get it
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:41 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Ahoy Pirates!!!
As many of you know, Pirate the World is going to officially relaunch under new owners on Mar 1st. In preparation for this, and to finish the last minute code changes, the game will be shut down for the 27th and 28th of February. If all goes as expected, the game will be back up and running at 1AM EST on the 1st. There are many new features in PTW, including Live Radar, Live Attack Logs, and Chat. There has also been a fix to the way referrals are done, so you will need a new referral code to get those pirates earning gold for you. Each pirate account will also be receiving a "Treasure Chest" that you can fill with Silver and Gold Dubloons, purchased moves and Fame Reset prizes. Silver Dubloons can be purchased via PayPal or taken as part of your cashout at the end of the month while Gold Dubloons can only be received via cashout or as a prize. There is more detail on dubloons below. When you purchase moves, they go into your Chest. This is set up so that you use your daily allotment of moves first then you will start to deplete your purchased moves. This way no one will lose out on their purchased moves. The special Fame Reset can be found as a prize while searching the islands and is used when you want to use it. There have been a few other surprises added to the game which we hope will make the game a more exciting place to play.

A few things to note:

1) In order to ensure that all accounts have a valid email address, everyone will need to validate their address when they first log in. In addition to this, there can be only one account per email address. This means that you will be shown the email address associated with your account and can elect to have the validation code sent or choose to change your email address. If the email address has already been validated for another player you will be told this and will have to choose a new address. Under this new system, anyone changing their email address will be sent a new validation code and will be unable to play until the validation process is again completed. You will be able to validate your address while the game is down for maintenance on the 28th.

2) The game is set up to only allow 1 player per IP. If another person wishes to play from the same IP then written permission from the admins will be given after we have received documentation on both players as stated in the Terms of Service. Those who have already signed up with 2 or more people on an IP will have to choose carefully since only the first account validated will be allowed to play until permission is given for the 2nd account.

3) To kick off the reopening, we will be having a sale on purchases! You will be able to get 200 moves for the price of 100, and fame resets will only be $2.00.

4) The purchase of Silver Dubloons will also get you a bonus during the first month. A $20-49 purchase will get you an additional 10% (2-5 silver dubloons), A $50-99 purchase will get you an additional 20% (10-20 silver dubloons) and purchases of $100 or more will receive an additional 25%!

5) At the end of every month, cashout can now be taken in as little as $5 if you choose to receive Silver Dubloons or the standard $20 for Gold Dubloons. What is the difference you ask? Silver Dubloons can ONLY be spent for in-game purchases of moves, resets, game merchandise, etc, and can not be removed from your account. Gold Dubloons can be spent the same as silver but can also be withdrawn from your account at a later date. There will also be prizes that you can save your Gold and Silver Dubloons up for. If there are prizes you'd like to see added, make sure and post them in the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:48 am 
John the Fisherman

I think I'd like to see the silver dubloons in action before I buy some...I'm still not 100% sure of what thier ultimate purpose is

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:36 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

The purpose of the Silver Doubloons will be for you to be able to have money in your PTW account without having to go to PayPal every single time to purchase something and waiting for it to go through.

Also, you'll be able to take cashout in amounts smaller than $20 if you take it in Silver Doubloons, as they cannot be taken out of the game account.

They are basically there to save both you and us money on PayPal fees. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:29 pm 
John the Fisherman

sooooo

can you use these silver dubloons for purchasing upgrades or anything?

or are they pretty much PTW's version of paypal cash

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:14 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

They're pretty much PTW cash to buy moves, fame resets, hunts, and so on with.

We wanted to find a more pirate-y term to call them. :-) We also needed a way to distinguish between PTW cash that can be withdrawn and PTW cash that cannot be withdrawn. We didn't want people to be able to put in cash from PayPal and then withdrawl it right out again.

Last edited by SeaCaptainN on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:25 pm 
John the Fisherman

sounds good to me...

expect me to get something soon...:)

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:18 am 

okay so wheres the e-mail telling everyone that ptw is back online?!?!

i didn't get it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:58 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

3J wrote:
okay so wheres the e-mail telling everyone that ptw is back online?!?!

i didn't get it!

Well, don't know why you didn't get the emails, but with the new validation you can make sure you have a good email address for yourself. The nice things about this, if you can receive the validation email, you can receive the mass mails too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:45 pm 

yahhh i got that one =)