Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do you think we should get fame for attacking ships we have already attacked?
Yes. We should get 3 Fame. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Yes. We should get 2 Fame. 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Yes. We should get 1 Fame. 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
NO!!!! Worst Idea ever. Cause i am a coward. 75%  75%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Fame for ships you have already attacked!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:37 pm 

Im gonna do a poll on this. So whats your suggestions on this idea? Stop those slap happy people who attack any and every one. :lol: I know there will be some unhappy people out there about this idea. But SOME people dont keep track on the ships they attack everyweek. And next thing they get a message saying "You have already attacked this ship 3 times this week" (or wat ever it sez) and they look at there fame and they have an extra 2 fame. Or what ever fame you's decide on. I suggest getting 2 fame when attacking a ship you have already attacked 3 times for the week. It'll be an ok idea as it'll get more people on fame for higher stealing or less attacks. Or clever people who have all the time in the world will just write down who they've attacked.
So polls on. Lets see how it goes.......

Post subject: Re: Fame for ships you have already attacked!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:53 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

OnyxTower wrote:
Im gonna do a poll on this. So whats your suggestions on this idea? Stop those slap happy people who attack any and every one. :lol: I know there will be some unhappy people out there about this idea. But SOME people dont keep track on the ships they attack everyweek. And next thing they get a message saying "You have already attacked this ship 3 times this week" (or wat ever it sez) and they look at there fame and they have an extra 2 fame. Or what ever fame you's decide on. I suggest getting 2 fame when attacking a ship you have already attacked 3 times for the week. It'll be an ok idea as it'll get more people on fame for higher stealing or less attacks. Or clever people who have all the time in the world will just write down who they've attacked.
So polls on. Lets see how it goes.......

seems like your the only yes so far... no not because we are cowards but because people cant keep track of 100's of ships a week and have to play and go because they have more of a life than ptw? theres no point in adding this... would be merely stupid at best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:57 pm 

I know yous aint cowards. Its just a joke. And yes. Im the only yes. Mainly cause i had just listed about 5mins ago. Ummm.. this poll was to try make people think before they attack etc.. and it adds more of a stratergy to the game too. Think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:03 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

OnyxTower wrote:
I know yous aint cowards. Its just a joke. And yes. Im the only yes. Mainly cause i had just listed about 5mins ago. Ummm.. this poll was to try make people think before they attack etc.. and it adds more of a stratergy to the game too. Think about it.

not really.. because when people go on attacking runs they dont usually worry about their fame... so why would they care?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:11 pm 

I am new here but it would seem to me to affect game play to much. I sometimes get confused in a covey of ships and hit them three times in 60 seconds. jmo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:33 pm 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
OnyxTower wrote:

not really.. because when people go on attacking runs they dont usually worry about their fame... so why would they care?

EXACTLY! They dont care about who they attack. So when it gets closer towards the end of the week. And they actually have to think on who they've attacked they wont know. So they attack. THEN to there surprise they have already attacked them three times that week. Its a good thing and bad thing. I do it all the time. And it will suck. But then again. Its just a suggestion. Im open for criticism. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:54 am 
Bros Before Hoes

OnyxTower wrote:
huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
OnyxTower wrote:

EXACTLY! They dont care about who they attack. So when it gets closer towards the end of the week. And they actually have to think on who they've attacked they wont know. So they attack. THEN to there surprise they have already attacked them three times that week. Its a good thing and bad thing. I do it all the time. And it will suck. But then again. Its just a suggestion. Im open for criticism. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

as i said.. they dont care about there fame.. so all its hurting is the newbies who do care about it, and get hit more... and lose more costly gold...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:24 am 

as i said.. they dont care about there fame.. so all its hurting is the newbies who do care about it, and get hit more... and lose more costly gold...[/quote]

[Sigh] :? I think your stuck on the fact that they're on an attacking spree. You know people go on attacking sprees for the first 3 days mainly. And this is what i was kinda getting at. After those three days people tend to stick to the islands rather then attacking. Then they see someone moving and they attack NOT knowing they're already attacked then. WA-LA 2 fame instant. I think your just trying to pick at this subject. Its not just gonna hurt the newbies. It'll hurt everyone. Newbies are scared as it is to attack. People so do care about the fame. I myself tend to forget who iv attacked. And im roaming around searching islands keeping my fame low and i see ships that usually have gold. So i attack. And 90% of em are ones iv already attacked. The other 10 are poor :D (this is after 3 days of going on an attacking spree)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 am 

I haven't voted but do like the idea. The reason I haven't voted is because I think the fame should go up like it would if you hadn't attacked them too much for the week and I also think it should apply to same day attacks. It does sound a weird idea but I get where OnyxTower is coming from. There is also the fact that even if you had already attacked a ship you are still trying to get more gold which should take up your fame. The more fame everyone has the better because it is a pain getting so little gold from all the ships I attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:03 pm 

Darkmyst9 wrote:
I haven't voted but do like the idea. The reason I haven't voted is because I think the fame should go up like it would if you hadn't attacked them too much for the week and I also think it should apply to same day attacks. It does sound a weird idea but I get where OnyxTower is coming from. There is also the fact that even if you had already attacked a ship you are still trying to get more gold which should take up your fame. The more fame everyone has the better because it is a pain getting so little gold from all the ships I attack.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Someone that understands. :cry: This is a teary eyed moment. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:03 pm 
Spasm Master

lately with a ton of stuff to do and a newly found brain tumor :( I havent even been able to play 3 days a week lol

so at least for now, this addition wouldn't help/hurt me at all, so I have no opinion on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 pm 

Bad idea-there are already alot of newbies crying in their cornflakes cause they are getting hit while they have high fame and I also cannot keep track sometimes daily who I have hit and who I haven't yet-there are just so many fish to choose from. Fame is fine right as it stands.