Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Should there be changes to the attack/defense formula?
Yes 89%  89%  [ 16 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:18 pm 
Quote:

are we related? :D

I don't think so...i'm not asian...ahhh i kid i kid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:25 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

SlickMikey wrote:
bcp19 wrote:
I can sympathize pop, these are my hits for the week...

jack_skellington Success 3110 Lost 10/8/2006 6:18 View full detail
jack_skellington Success 6964 Lost 10/9/2006 6:30 View full detail
SciFiPirate Success 1669 Lost 10/9/2006 14:11 View full detail
Nes Success 1681 Lost 10/9/2006 14:53 View full detail
Slickmikey Success 23357 Lost 10/9/2006 21:18 View full

Ah boy...thats disgusting...and i was in second place for the largest amount stolen there...I kinda feel bad, especially for a fellow muscle car enthusiast (GTO man here)...just so you know, I don't hunt for specific people, I just attack all that is blue (if and when i go on sprees)...23k isn't that much, but it sure does add up with all the other hits...owwy kazzowy

No worries, I know it is part of the game. I just think that pop is right, the system, while great in theory, needs some tweaking. I have played many games and seen many problems. How do you make a game that is challenging, rewarding, and fair to all? Most favor the big guy, once you get there, you are GOD. Others feel that the new guy should have a chance, so soon everyone is equal. One of the main complaints that a lot of the people who don't stay around have is that it is too hard. I currently play 6 different online games, and in all of them you have people that join and their first words are either "how do I play" or "Can anyone give me xxxxxxx". I never asked for anything on any of the games I play, I read the FAQs, visited the forums, experimented, etc. I joined one game that had been up and running for 5 months before I started playing, and I used my normal means... play smarter, not harder. I am now the highest level character in that game and I had a lot to overcome to get there. The plain and simple truth here is that the people who see that you can make money here come here expecting to win thousands of dollars by doing nothing, while those of us who understand how these things work, take time to come up with a plan and succeed that way. The people who have the attitude "Ouch, well how do I work around this" when knocked for a loop (or 50% of 100k) are the ones who will stay. I have seen numerous people leave cause they did not listen and ended their day with more fame then they had gold and then whined that it was too tough. This game, like many others, takes time and dedication. You can see who has dedicated themselves to the game and those who feel they should just be given a free ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:23 am 
Bros Before Hoes

SlickMikey wrote:
Quote:
23k isnt much? who are you kidding? 23k is a TON.. it may not be proportionally a lot to your next upgrade (and less to mine, less to bcps, less to pops) but 23k is still a lot.. it can take some time to get 23k.. unless you run around and hit everyone yousee.. but what happens when your 3x? or you get hit for half of what you have because of your fame? and.. 23k isnt a lot but 36k is? thats 2/3 of those hits almost

Dude...what the hell is wrong with you? Don't tell me that you're gonna fish for posts made by me and try to dissect them word for word as some sort of vengeful counter-attack to my ONE well deserved hateful post in regards to you. No, that can't be it. You're way too mature to pull something like that...I hate to say it, but kingdragun, katie, asian twins, whatever you guys call him..may have a slight point about you. I stick by what i said doucharino, 23k is not a TON...2000 is a ton..don't you take "math classes"? Guys are spending hundreds of thousands and millions of gold on upgrades...ANDDDD what happens if i get hit with a high fame, or a low fame, who the hell cares...its a game..im not gonna cry about it ::sigh:: please die

according to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, the word "ton" is defined as such...

"1 a : a unit of internal capacity for ships equal to 100 cubic feet -- called also register ton b : a unit approximately equal to the volume of a long ton weight of seawater used in reckoning the displacement of ships and equal to 35 cubic feet c : a unit of volume for cargo freight usually reckoned at 40 cubic feet -- called also measurement ton
2 : any of various units of weight: a -- see WEIGHT table b : METRIC TON
3 : a great quantity : LOT <ate tons of cookies> <has tons of money> <a ton of work to do>"

so yea, i do know my math... if you want to be number specific.. its 11.6785 ton.. but i meant ton as in a lot.. and i think 95% of people here will agree its a LOT... and as for crying about it? neither do i.. after the cashout.. i lost about 130k in 2 hits.. i think the 2 people can attest to that.. kath2637(or whatever #'s) and idr the other one, but they got me for a lot.. its a game, i couldnt give a .. as for telling me to "please die" mature bud...

and you never answered my questions.. wheres your paper? what college did you go to? what did you major in? what do you do with your life now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 am 

Bcp hit the nail right on the head with his post.

Yes there's times you will get hit for 50% of 100,000 (I know popcan has done it to me) and when it happens it hurts. You have to go on and continue when that happens. I did and then hit someone else for 70,000 that night.

You have to start with a strategy and adjust it according to your current situation. It won't always work but it'll always be fun and next time will be your time. The players that do well are the ones that don't let it stop them when they have bad luck (and yes everybody has bad luck). I'm not sure what he meant by you have to dedicate yourself to the game so I'm not sure I agree with that part. I've heard it rumored that some of the big players play 18-20 hours a day and that's not necessary. Just be smart when you do and don't leave high fame when you have a lot of gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:14 pm 
Quote:
according to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, the word "ton" is defined as such...

"1 a : a unit of internal capacity for ships equal to 100 cubic feet -- called also register ton b : a unit approximately equal to the volume of a long ton weight of seawater used in reckoning the displacement of ships and equal to 35 cubic feet c : a unit of volume for cargo freight usually reckoned at 40 cubic feet -- called also measurement ton
2 : any of various units of weight: a -- see WEIGHT table b : METRIC TON
3 : a great quantity : LOT <ate tons of cookies> <has tons of money> <a ton of work to do>"

so yea, i do know my math... if you want to be number specific.. its 11.6785 ton.. but i meant ton as in a lot.. and i think 95% of people here will agree its a LOT... and as for crying about it? neither do i.. after the cashout.. i lost about 130k in 2 hits.. i think the 2 people can attest to that.. kath2637(or whatever #'s) and idr the other one, but they got me for a lot.. its a game, i couldnt give a .. as for telling me to "please die" mature bud...

and you never answered my questions.. wheres your paper? what college did you go to? what did you major in? what do you do with your life now?
[/quote]

Boy...you got me there...i was joking little man, but i hope you felt a surge of undeserved adrenaline copy and pasting that definition from an online dictionary...man my head hurts...but pertaining to your questions, i did answer them...in the forum in which you asked them...so go there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:22 pm 
BTW your post answered non of the question marked questions i asked, and only proved that you are here to DISSECT every damn thing i say. You ignored everything but the one comment which i was not serious about. I stand by my immature comment. Die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:02 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

SlickMikey wrote:
BTW your post answered non of the question marked questions i asked, and only proved that you are here to DISSECT every damn thing i say. You ignored everything but the one comment which i was not serious about. I stand by my immature comment. Die.

the only question you asked was dont i take mathclasses.. and..

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
o yea, i do know my math... if you want to be number specific.. its 11.6785 ton..

thats fine that you are gonna be immature.. at least katie will have a friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:54 pm 
Quote:
the only question you asked was dont i take mathclasses.. and..

Quote:
Dude...what the hell is wrong with you?

sure looks like a question to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:25 am 
Bros Before Hoes

i figured 1) thats a rhetorical question... and 2) you had already answered it yourself.. why should i?