Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:30 pm 

Oh I understood the optional part-but for me it wouldn't be an option and I would have to be a paid member lol-anything to try and get those upgrades where I can do more damage. I didn't think about the value of the things on the wheel either and as long as there isn't a -oops you lost 100 moves in a terrible storm-on the wheel I am game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:55 am 
Bros Before Hoes

neo98292 wrote:
Dunno I got mixed feelings about it-while it would be great to have some perks ect, it seems a bit steep for the type of game it is. Maybe start it at 5.00 a month since there are alot of kids too that play this game and people without alot of disposable income.

did you know...

teens run the american economy? without teen spending the economy would fail.. i think we are good :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:16 am 

I would consider this however, While the game is being fine tuned I don't think that that would produce the results that you want, that being an honest oppinion. I would get the game to the point that it is totaly developed and then look into this if it is needed. I do know that I would not want to pay for a game that was not developed completely. jmo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:06 pm 
Spasm Master

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
neo98292 wrote:
Dunno I got mixed feelings about it-while it would be great to have some perks ect, it seems a bit steep for the type of game it is. Maybe start it at 5.00 a month since there are alot of kids too that play this game and people without alot of disposable income.

did you know...

teens run the american economy? without teen spending the economy would fail.. i think we are good :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

yep lol - i'm planning on signing up for this when it launches :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:35 pm 

Cremaster wrote:
I do know that I would not want to pay for a game that was not developed completely. jmo

Can i ask, did you pay for the version of windows you are using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:33 pm 
Spasm Master

SilentBob wrote:
Cremaster wrote:
I do know that I would not want to pay for a game that was not developed completely. jmo

Can i ask, did you pay for the version of windows you are using?

LOL ya, as I type this, that "instant update" thing is working in the background

wonder if they've ever heard of updates, or making something better using member suggestions lol

well, this is going to be one of those updates, so how about looking at this as the game being "fined tuned" as you call it (talking to whoever complained, not you bob lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:28 pm 

paid membership is a horrible idea, that would make it near impossible for non paying members to ever make it to cashout [especially players starting say, today]

unless you made the paid membership to have nothing to do with the actual game play, im all against it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:36 pm 

I can't believe I missed all this while I was on vacation, :lol: If you do it then I would become a paid member as long as you have lots of cool prizes on the wheel I think it would be fun. I love the game and see it as a way to support it. I think the argument that if you didn't become a paid member you couldn't upgrade is wrong. It puts the people willing to put money in at a slight advantage but no more so than paid fame resets or moves does now. And it wouldn't necessarily cost $120 a year because you could do it one month when you felt you needed the boost and then not the next.

I liked the put a cap on the jackpot idea that was suggested though I know admin has already tossed the idea. Here's why. After the cap had been reached the extra could be used to do other things for the paid members like treasure hunts for just them or it could go in toward lowering cashout which would help everyone.

You might try different levels of paid memberships with maybe a cheaper one that doesn't get to spin the wheel but gets a certain amount of gold added to their account a day.

I think the possibilities are endless and as long as you keep the free memberships intact then I think it would only help the game grow.

P.S. Don't wait until you get it perfect because I suspect you'll constantly be changing and adding to the game to make it more challenging and I'd like to see this at some point implemented. :wink:

Last edited by Cutthroat_Kate on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:58 pm 

I like how you put it kate with the cap to the jackpot. That does sound good because money is still going towards things for you guys. It also wouldn't make it so free players couldn't cash out. There are people that haven't put one penny into the game and are cashing out or finding prizes for that matter. As kate said it would give a lil bit of an advantage and incentive to have a paid membership. Free members can still cashout and find prizes just like anyone else. There will just be some more options for paid members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:39 am 

Glad you liked it. I figured you'd throw the empty rum bottle at me for bringing it back up. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:28 am 

Naw I'll break out a nice fresh bottle to celebrate yo ho!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:36 am 

Woo hoo planning to share? :lol:

Any idea when this might be started yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:47 am 

As long as you could pay for it from gold gained I'd be cool with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:40 pm 

After the attack system upgrade it'll be done sometime after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:02 pm 

I can't wait. Winning it on the wheel might be the only way I ever get to see what a million gold looks like in my account. :lol: