It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:53 am 
I Rawk The Patch

wknight95 wrote:
Ya.. BUT>> It is also VERY VERY RARE.

And you are welcome.
Got to get faster and smarter about the tips and how long I leave them. Lmao... You guys are getting real good at Quoting me real fast..
Salute!

And beside's, they not talking about 1 or 2, they talking about redoing whole map grid sections.

Say.. 0n - 100n x 0e - 100e type of stuff.. And that would basicly be pure BS.

This is a GAME, it is not REAL LIFE. -my two cents

(and you do sound like a jerk sometimes, no wonder you delete your posts... maybe you should take some time to think before you go typing up a storm, eh?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:44 am 

hmm.. maybe you are right.
But then again that would not be me then.

I have always been a person to just say what is on my mind at the time.

To do otherwise would be like being just another fake liar and the world is too full of them as it is.

Sorry if anything I ever say offends anyone at all as that is never my intention when I post things UNLESS I am mad and then everyone seems to know it cause they are like, "Dang! Who mad em mad!" lmao..

Life is short.
Time is cherished.
Do what you like to do or nothing at all.
Why profread something and second guess yourself when if you just say what you want in the first place, you save both. TIME and LIFE and therefor have more time to do what you like?

hmmm.. ok.. next topic and back to game! I like playing games!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:09 am 

wow, i should check this topic more often haha

but anyways i forgot who said it.. but i also like the hurricane or tropical storm or w/e you feel like calling it. that way, peeps can map still map.. but they take the risk of losing all that time and effort to a hurricane :) nice idea! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:26 am 

Sms,

So in short, Punish the players that play more and all that other good stuff and Reward the wanna be's that not play to often and when they do they just mainly go around and attack others and then cry cause they not figure out where the gold went?

Hmmmm...

Us map makers may spend a lot of time in the game, but that also means that we make more moves and therefore make the site more money.
Hmm.. I do try to actually visit at least 5+ sponsor site's a day at least.
Maybe I get around to visiting more when they get more that I might be interested in anyway. lmao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:24 pm 
Spasm Master

if people want to work hard and map, let them. The harder you work, the more you should get out of it. Keep it like it is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:44 pm 

wknight95 wrote:
Sms,

So in short, Punish the players that play more and all that other good stuff and Reward the wanna be's that not play to often and when they do they just mainly go around and attack others and then cry cause they not figure out where the gold went?

Hmmmm...

Us map makers may spend a lot of time in the game, but that also means that we make more moves and therefore make the site more money.
Hmm.. I do try to actually visit at least 5+ sponsor site's a day at least.
Maybe I get around to visiting more when they get more that I might be interested in anyway. lmao.

exacly how are you making the site more money by mapping and getting more moves? your actually just screwing over everyone else in the game because you guys get so much gold at once that the cashout rate is going up and up constantly (go look at the page and refresh it to see what i mean) i mean rycecrispy had 170K last night.. 170k!! all the mappers are killing all the regular/ new players chances of a cashout.

I mean dont you get bored just looking at your excel map, going to the game window, picking out what ship, moving, searching, going BACK to the map, going BACk to the game window to change yoru ship. I mean god.. dont you have anything better to do than waste 5 hours playing PTW?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:48 pm 

Agreed 100% sms!

I could probably write a book on this topic; not alone the game itself;

although kudos for ryce somehow getting me right as i hit a fame reset and I didn't even see him (and yes, I move very very fast)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:58 pm 

thank you, thank you 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:59 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

I come down solidly and unequivocably against changing the map. I think people that don't use a map, live a more dangerous lifestyle, and make more and quicker money as well as lose it more quickly.

I don't know why you would punish someone that puts a lot of work in mapping by changing it. I think most newer players benefit from mapping and it becomes less important as you aquire upgrades. Though it can help in finding a fame reset when you are going through a mapped area.

I also disagree with the comment about how mappers are hoarding the gold when it would seem obvious that most of the high ranked players map less than others.

ptr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:04 pm 
Spasm Master

I intially voted yes, and thought that the map should be changed periodically. However, seeing all the work that people have put into mapping, and also knowing that new players can start mapping, I say no. If you did, it would take a whole part of strategy out of the game. I don't map lol, but I better start :wink:

Post subject: mmm...yummy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:44 am 
You Cant Hurt Me

Going back to the hurricane idea....how about a hurricane coming along, picking you up and dropping you in some random spot? that seems more in the likely hood of happening than a whole area, except for your ship, being wiped out.....unless you're super special or something 8) *shrugs* just an idea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:19 am 

Yes, mapping does get very boring, but it's worth it if you want to make a decient amount of gold and more importantly hold onto it. As for ppl hoarding money, I don't know how much of that goes on. Many of the bigger players put the gold they find right back into upgrades the same as the rest of us. Higher upgrades cost more money and take longer to get, i'm sure the newer players would love to be able to have 30K, but for me it just means one more day of playing until I get an upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:14 pm 

It's definitely worth it to have at least some part mapped so you have an area to go to to search for fame resets. Beyond that I think it depends on the player, I easily have enough mapped out that I could just stay in that area and use all my moves everyday, but I still continue to go out and map new areas everyday. It's mainly just because I like to see my map continue to get bigger, it gives an extra goal besides just collecting gold and upgrading.

I think that randomizing the map is really not going to change the gameplay that much, it only takes a few days of dedicated mapping to map out an area big enough to play in. If all I was interested in was the upgrades and I knew my map would be obsolete pretty quickly, I probably wouldn't bother mapping beyond what I needed to collect gold.

As for gold hoarding, I think it's more a matter of the upgrades getting expensive. Yeah I have over 200K gold now, but the hull upgrade that I'm aiming for next is still quite a ways away. As the upgrades cost more and more you don't have any choice but to keep a lot of gold on hand.