Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do you think it should be changed to this way?
Yes 74%  74%  [ 25 ]
No 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 34
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:17 pm 

YES YES YES OH YES!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:13 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

I am still rather torn myself, it is hard to take a side on this issue. I like the chance part of it, but I feel that there is too much chance. Take this as an example:

From the inbound attacks on me I have figured this out so far:

45 attacks have succeeded on me that I had fame and was able to figure out what the inbound attacker's crew was. This is my findings:

Crew #attacks succeeded
7 1
8 1
9 4
10 7
11 3
12 5
13 10
14 11
16 3

Since my defense is 29 (hull+nav) and there is the fact I do not know whether the attacker has equal cannon and crew or not, I can only generalize here, but most of us upgrade cannon, then crew.

4 successful attacks from 18-19 attack strength and 7 from 20-21 attack strength seems quite high. Since there are a lot of pirates that have never succeeded on me, I do not have good numbers to work out %'s but this is over roughly 320 attacks. If all attacks are counted, then 1 in 80 attacks with the attacker roughly 10 below me has gotten through. that is 1.25% *IF* all of the attackers were the same strength, which means that the actual % would be much higher than that. I feel that is too much of a chance for a pirate that weak to succeed.

At the same time, I have a limited number of pirates that are blue, and the other day I failed on 17 of 51 attacks and I have a 29 attack. This was on pirates that are somewhere between 10 and 15 navigation since my OBS was a 9 at the time. 11 of these have 12-14 crew, and likely have 11-14 nav and hull. A 33% failure rate on pirates that are probably between 20 and 28 defense. The numbers speak for themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:27 am 
the evil pirate

here is my 2 cents on this issue

not being a fan of the current system i do see some good things with it

here is my proposal

change the attack like husk said in the post above so that we stop losing on lower defensive stat pirates, at least this way we can restart having some rivalries once again

-----------------

my suggesstion to is a way to possibly fix the "overgenerous" attack vs defense formula

for an example lets say i have 100k in gold and 50 fame with a hull of 30

pirate hits me with a 27 attack and instead of losing 50k i would lose 20k

this is a list of what you would lose if a pirate had a successful attack

30 attack would get 100% of 50k
29 attack would get 80% of 50k = 40k
28 attack would get 60% of 50k = 30k
27 attack would get 40% = 20k
26 attack would get 20% =10k

25 attack and below cannot succeed which would stop most of our complaints about players 5+ levels . this will also stop anyone from being invincible like the old system was designed. somewhat of an in-between solution. the higher ranked pirate when losing would get the advantage of knowing the attackers attack level.

maybe to protect the newbies a similar system could be added so we cannot beat newbie pirates with a defense 20 below than the attacking pirate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:53 am 

I like pops' suggestion. That seems a little more fair. But i have to say, I think that failing on a green had another advantage - that being fame. Most players guard their fame and would attack an active green for the gold and the 1 fame. Failing and having your fame go up by 3 made everyone play a little differently. Maybe even succeeding on a pirate that is so many levels below you would have your fame go up by more than 1. maybe 1 fame per so many levels below your attack.. or something like that. BTW, i voted no. I'm not saying that they new system wouldn't benefit from some tweaking but i think just going back to the way it was isn't the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:36 am 

It's not going back to the way it was-it is being tweaked like it needs to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:44 am 
Bros Before Hoes

so shelvock.... now that we've let it run.. the vote up there is 17-8.. more than 2/3.. and w/o 3j's its 17-7.. which is over 70% of the voters.. so how much longer are we gonna let this run?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:09 pm 

Til the end of time, which would be probably the rest of the week and then we'll see how long it takes to finish the coding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:28 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

lmfao well we all gonna die then.. lets go party.. oh too bad little jason cant lose his pride.. wont be any fun for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:05 pm 

Well as much as I like seeing huskers fail on me - I agree, it shd be changed. Popcan's suggestion looks pretty good to me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:16 am 

first of all the reason the new attack system was put in was so that the new players had a chance of succeeding. well thats what is happening, we had a record for cash outs this month. i understand where you guys are comming from but it doesnt look like you top guys are hurting too much from the look of the cash out page.

both huskers and popcans ideas sound good. i didnt vote cause i dont really care... i would just like to know HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS

maybe if we all knew how the new attack system works we all wouldnt be complaining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:02 pm 

I agree with Huskers and voted yes. Why should I, who has put a lot of time and some money into this game, fail on nobody's who've been here a couple weeks b/c they're 3-5 levels below me? 3-5 levels is a lot of gold and time and it only gets higher. I echo what others have said about how the change definately helps new players and I agree with it but there should be some modification to appease those with superior stats.

Fastest Clicker in the 4 Seas

"EEEEEEEFFFFIEEENNNNNNCCCYYYYYYY!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:10 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

this was said it was going to happen.. i had been told it would be ready awhile ago.. is this happening? i as well as others are failing on WAY too many people multiple levels below us...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:48 pm 

I agree, the current attack system sucks