Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paid Leader Board
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:01 pm 

I like the fact that there are two leaderboards - one for new pirates and one for everyone.

Perhaps there are some players that enjoyed the new pirate board, but just can't quite make it on the overall board. Maybe they would be interested in playing for piracy against a more limited group of players again.

There could be a monthly leaderboard for people who pay a small fee to become eligible.

I suppose this third ranking system could be open to anyone who has made a purchase that month, but I was thinking of it more as a side bet. There could be an option to pay a fee - say $5 or whatever is reasonable, to add yourself into the running for this board.

The total prizes could be based on the total amount of fees collected for this purpose (minus the usual paypal fees and admin cut, I know the admins here are quite generous, but I'd take a small cut if I were them).

So that's the idea in its infancy. Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:11 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

that could work.. but if you want to know the truth, its not hard to get on the leaderboard.. just takes playing... and not worrying about certain things...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:26 pm 

True. I was fourth or fifth on the new player board for quite awhile. I probably could have done better if I had focused on the right upgrades.

There is not any reason that the people winning the overall board wouldn't also join this new leader board, so maybe it wouldn't work. But I think it could boost the cash flow of the game. The moderators could say "Look at the money we gave out over here!" The villagers would rejoice and the world would be a little brighter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:41 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

yea itd be a great way to bring in some cash for the game.. they could even give out 80% of what comes in and keep 20% to lower cashout or other prizes