Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Should there be changes to the attack/defense formula?
Yes 89%  89%  [ 16 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Defense Proposition + my stats
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:32 pm 
the evil pirate

i kinda figure this thread needs to be started in conjunction with Husk's thread/poll

here are my stats that everyone is dying to see... 34 TOTAL DEFENSE

Cannons
Hull
Radar
Crew
Observation
Navigation
Ship

here are the upgrades im trying to get

Hull 1477892 17 Purchase Upgrade
Navigation 1773470 17 Purchase Upgrade

i just got to 500k but i got hit twice in a row with 1 fame that dropped me to 450k , if i was close to upgrade i would of lost triple!!

baddadfive Success 26268 Lost Oct 08 20:46:39
larryx6 Success 27555 Lost Oct 08 20:40:19

at least these 2 pirates have decent attacks but they are no where near my 34 defense .

the only way i can get an upgrade is to farm all month and go insane like fox did, i HATE farming and if the game stays this way all the top players will stop playing because if we can no longer upgrade we will lose interest if the game only about trading gold.

i also think most of the mid-level pirates 20-30 defense are feeling the exact same thing i am except they are also getting pounded by the top-level pirates which is even worse for them!!

for the first time since the game has come out I havent used up all my daily moves in the past week , if fox was still playing i can guarantee you he would of stated a thread like this weeks ago, i have given it a chance and I dont like it.

I was in agreement that the old attack system needed work but this was way too extreme IMHO

---------------------------------------------------------------------
my suggestion
---------------------------------------------------------------------

my suggestion to is a way to possibly fix the "overgenerous" attack vs defense formula

for an example lets say i have 100k in gold and 50 fame with a hull of 30

pirate hits me with a 27 attack and instead of losing 50k i would lose 20k

this is a list of what you would lose if a pirate had a successful attack

30 attack would get 100% of 50k
29 attack would get 80% of 50k = 40k
28 attack would get 60% of 50k = 30k
27 attack would get 40% = 20k
26 attack would get 20% =10k

25 attack and below cannot succeed which would stop most of our complaints about players 5+ levels . this will also stop anyone from being invincible like the old system was designed. somewhat of an in-between solution. the higher ranked pirate when losing would get the advantage of knowing the attackers attack level.

maybe to protect the newbies a similar system could be added so we cannot beat newbie pirates with a defense 20 below than the attacking pirate

----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Re: Defense Proposition + my stats
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:06 pm 

popcan wrote:

i also think most of the mid-level pirates 20-30 defense are feeling the exact same thing i am except they are also getting pounded by the top-level pirates which is even worse for them!!

Yes sir, before the new system only like 15 people were able to succeed on me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:32 am 
the evil pirate

nes

before the system changed NOBODY was beating me , ive had at least 20 different pirates beat me since the change.

I dont mind losing to pirates 1-5 levels below me but this is ridiculous when pirates who are doing 100- 200k upgrades can beat me when im stuck doing 1.7 million upgrades.

i believe that the percentages in the formula are set incorrectly and some tweeking of the code needs to be done.

i think putting a maximum on someone cashing out would of been much better than this attack system, i would be the one most affected and i am fully willing for the change. before the change there was rivalries and people working together (uncleteam) chasing me which made it more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:49 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

I can sympathize with popcan, though I had to worry about 5-6 pirates before and now I have had 59 different pirates succeed on me. I have 39 of them figured out for crew, which means that it is likely that they have the same or 1 higher cannon. For my figures here I will say that they have 1 higher cannon. That said, this are the success rates for the 39 I know about:

pirates 8-14 levels below me - 26 out of 127 or about 21%
pirates 6-7 levels below me - 9 of 43 or about 20%
pirates 4-5 levels below me - 11 of 54 or about 20%
pirates 2-3 levels below me - 26 of 63 or about 41%
pirates 0-1 levels below me - 37 of 81 or about 45.7%
pirates 3-4 levels above me - 13 of 19 or about 68.4%

pirates of unknown level 40 of 519 or about 7.7%

Since all the unknowns throw part of the equation off, the margin of error is probably fairly high, but in looking at it, the %'s seem awfully high for those more than a level or 2 below me and awfully low for the ones 3-4 levels above me.

I got hit by someone with a crew of 7! That means that any of you who are 10 crew or below can be hit by anyone who has played the game for more than 3-4 days. Of the active players, that basically means everybody.

I will say that I did not want to post this yet, cause I feel I still need more data for a better comparison, but in support of what popcan said, it does look like something is messed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:13 pm 

I have the same feelings as bcp and popcan. Although I'm only a mid-high level player I only had to worry about 10 or so people before the change. Yesterday 20 out of 25 attacks got through which nearly took away all the gold I made the day before. Then I make some back but get like 5 fame resets in my first 150 moves. So I know it's likely I won't get any more for the next 450 so I pretty much have to farm islands or stop all together. Getting very difficult to make any head-way. I can't even imagine what popcan is going through..it'll take him more than a month to reach one upgrade! (assuming he doesn't get hit with high fame)

Fastest Clicker in the 4 Seas

"EEEEEEEFFFFIEEENNNNNNCCCYYYYYYY!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:15 pm 

this is the whole idea...to prevent you from upgrading so quickly..

why dont you think about it from a noobs perspective.. if you just keep upgrading as usual as you normally did, then the rate wont stop, and itll still be near impossible for the noob to EVER have a chance of catchin up to you.

it SHOULD take you more than a week to get to your upgrade, because think about where you are in the game..why should you be able to upgrade as frequent as a mid level player?

there needs to be SOME type of obstical you must face to get even higher into the game, because holy sh!t, your one of the highest already!

you cant just keep getting better and better in this short amount of time, because like i said, thats giving the people who signed up today NO CHANCE of catching up to you. and its NO FUN AT ALL to know that there is no possible way that you can catch up to a higher player (without emptying your life savings)

sure you may hate how lower players can hit you...but then if almost nobody can hit you, then the game is too easy. youll just become mskwik, and its no fun (for people like me) knowing that YOU can just play all day with 1004980249 fame if you wanted and have a 1/10000000000 chance of losing your gold.

seriously man, these admins need to stop making the game so easy for everyone. IF YOU CANT TAKE THE HEAT THEN STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:44 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

maybe you should think about people who actually put time and effort into the game.. they deserve what they have gotten, not getting screwd over by a newb that started 2 weeks ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:43 pm 

I have thought about it from the perspective of a noob since I was one not long ago. My thoughts then wasn't I can't do this or somebody hand it to me on a silver tray or even thoughts of cleaning out my savings.

I thought about strategy and how one day I was going to be big. Maybe not bigger than popcan but occasionally when he hit me big then that would sneak into my dream. :lol: I never bought a reset or extra moves and had before they went to the new attack system grown to the point I could hit several of the players who had been here a long time.

I think if you make it too easy for the noobs it doesn't hold the challenge. When I have earned my big stats I want it to mean something. Some sort of added protection and defense. I don't mind working hard to get there....for that matter I am now. I'm not a big player or a noob anymore but that's my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:40 pm 
the evil pirate

KD the purpose of me starting this thread was not to be invincible, like i said i dont mind losing some gold and watching my fame.

I spent about $40 last month in moves and i would of spent on treasure hunts if there would of been some. this month I dont plan on spending anything with the current attack system, what about newbies who would buy moves only to get raped by everyone or larry6x that only plays a few days a week now, his style of play has been the most affected with the change.

this site needs to make money to survive and reward the admins for their time, judging by the cashout level already so high this month its very evident that revenues are down but i could be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:20 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

kInGdRaGuN wrote:
this is the whole idea...to prevent you from upgrading so quickly..

why dont you think about it from a noobs perspective.. if you just keep upgrading as usual as you normally did, then the rate wont stop, and itll still be near impossible for the noob to EVER have a chance of catchin up to you.

it SHOULD take you more than a week to get to your upgrade, because think about where you are in the game..why should you be able to upgrade as frequent as a mid level player?

there needs to be SOME type of obstical you must face to get even higher into the game, because holy sh!t, your one of the highest already!

you cant just keep getting better and better in this short amount of time, because like i said, thats giving the people who signed up today NO CHANCE of catching up to you. and its NO FUN AT ALL to know that there is no possible way that you can catch up to a higher player (without emptying your life savings)

sure you may hate how lower players can hit you...but then if almost nobody can hit you, then the game is too easy. youll just become mskwik, and its no fun (for people like me) knowing that YOU can just play all day with 1004980249 fame if you wanted and have a 1/10000000000 chance of losing your gold.

seriously man, these admins need to stop making the game so easy for everyone. IF YOU CANT TAKE THE HEAT THEN STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

Katie, the way it is right now, I could start from scratch and within a month I could be able to hit 85% of the people I do now. Do you think that is a fair way for the game to go? How would you like if 20 brand new players came by and attacked you and 4 of them got through? I like the element of chance, but the numbers I am seeing shows that it is weighted in favor of the smaller guy more than those of us with a few levels of each other. You have no concept of what we are going through because you never took the time to become good in the game, you are a low mid level player and always will be. I got hit today with a mere 5 fame and had 23k stolen. The person who hit me had a whopping 9 crew, which means he falls in the 9-11 levels below me category and was put at least halfway to an upgrade from that one hit.

Blah, why do I bother, you are not mature enough to understand what we are talking about here, go play with your magnets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:49 am 

I am in complete agreement with bcp and pop-and preferably Katie play with your magnets on your computer-we would all like the break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:26 pm 

I would still be considered a noob in this game, and I gotta say I totally agree with what the bigger players are saying. I mean, I think it's great that they are trying to make the game easier for the new people to get their stats up there, but I do think that after putting so much time and money into the game, the advanced players should have some sort of safety. I started after the big "change", so I don't know exactly how it was. But from the way it sounds, it went from one extreme to the other. Isn't there a way to make it more balanced for all the players?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:15 pm 

bcp19 wrote:
Katie, the way it is right now, I could start from scratch and within a month I could be able to hit 85% of the people I do now. Do you think that is a fair way for the game to go? How would you like if 20 brand new players came by and attacked you and 4 of them got through? I like the element of chance, but the numbers I am seeing shows that it is weighted in favor of the smaller guy more than those of us with a few levels of each other. You have no concept of what we are going through because you never took the time to become good in the game, you are a low mid level player and always will be. I got hit today with a mere 5 fame and had 23k stolen. The person who hit me had a whopping 9 crew, which means he falls in the 9-11 levels below me category and was put at least halfway to an upgrade from that one hit.

Blah, why do I bother, you are not mature enough to understand what we are talking about here, go play with your magnets.

god damn shut the **** up why dont you ever shut that anal hole in your face

i gave MY opinion in this thread in the SUGGESTIONS forum....MY SUGGESTION MY OPINION/ why dont you read the headers f@g ???
hopefully your not losin your eyesite to quick to notice that

why dont you take a moment to get it through your dense head to realize that you are NO MORE important then i am
despite what you think your not always right!!!

me? i dont give a sh1t if im right or wrong, i let my mouth loose and say what i want to say i dont need some ancient relic telling me what to do

so what im not the best in this game...ive been playing for almost a year now and people gthat joined 2 months ago could be better then me....GUESS WHAT!!! I DONT CARE!! maybe thats because i dont spend every waking moment of my free time playing htis game like you do

do you have grand kids? if you do tell them that i feel REALLY sorry for them....and if they want ill send them some magnets to play with

god dam your annoyin beyond words

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:29 pm 

You need your mouth washed out with soap YOUNG man. I bet dollars to donuts your PARENTS don't know you are talking that way or I bet you would be GROUNDED like the naughty BOY you are. Clean it up please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:50 pm 

I agree with mcortez that there has to be a middle ground. I've played for about 2 to 2 and a half months. The old system was one extreme and the new system is the other. When the new system took effect the players higher than me ran an over 50% fail rate and the players smaller than me ran an over 50% success rate. That to me is just way too high. I can't say for sure what they are now because everyone has upgraded and I'm not sure of everybody's levels.

I don't have time to play every waking hour as I've heard it rumored some players do or even 7 days a week. I would prefer something a little less revolutionary for an attack system. I play for the fun and to upgrade not to say that I won't ever cashout but haven't yet. Upgrades seem useless suddenly. All I ask is that the upgrades mean something again.