Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Half the stats of people that cash out?
Good idea 64%  64%  [ 16 ]
Bad idea 28%  28%  [ 7 ]
Not Sure 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject: Half the stats of the people that cash out!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:42 pm 

So heres what im suggesting.
Who ever cashs out gets there stats cut in half.

This idea is from another game that i wont mention. But everyone who cashs out on there gets there stats cut in half and i reckon maybe PTW should take on that ruling as it will keep people playing and it puts new names on the cash out board and gets rid of the same names that have been on there every month. For those that just like to dominate this game and just want to be the best dont have to cash out. They can just keep upgrading till their ready to cash out. But this would be a great chance for newbies to cash out. Oh and the ranks dont effect this aswell. Like you dont get your stats cut in half if you win the highest rank cash out.

ANNNNND.........
And that the game should go back to the way it was before, with the 100% successful attacks when it comes to highest attack Vs lowest hull and 50/50 when its same attack Vs same defence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:16 pm 

I voted good idea, it gives EVERYONE a chance to cashout, i think the stats could be cut a quarter maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:05 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

this shouldnt be enacted at the current state of the game.. if it was started from the beginning, then yes... but i agree... in order for it TO happen, then there MUST be a changing of the attack system, because there is no point in continual upgrading when you dont know if it matters if you can hit them or not...

also a reason for no, the amount it costs to upgrade, is way to high to have them cut in half, takes way to long to upgrade... and the 3x rule would also need to be repealed because there wouldnt be enough gold around if you cant play when every one else is to "rape" them..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:05 pm 

Terrible Idea. Mainly because it isnt that easy to upgrade. I could understand people liking it if you dont have high stats. Upgrades cost a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:12 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

Nes wrote:
Terrible Idea. Mainly because it isnt that easy to upgrade. I could understand people liking it if you dont have high stats. Upgrades cost a lot.

exactly one of my reasons... the upgrade costs... notice at your "other site" how CHEAP the upgrades are at early levels... even all the way up.. there is also a "max stats" level, which isnt here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:13 am 

I like this idea but with a couple of tweaks... What if instead of halving all stats, you dropped 1 upgrade for every multiple of $20 you cashed out..

This would stop top dogs from 'appearing' at the end of every month and cashing out $200. If they did that then they'd drop 10 levels and have to work to get back to where they were. If someone was only able to cash out $20, then they would just drop one level and could still go for a bigger cashout the next month.

Oh and yes...I do think the attack system should to be changed back, at least to a point where upgrades mean something again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:35 pm 
John the Fisherman

AnniqueX wrote:
I like this idea but with a couple of tweaks... What if instead of halving all stats, you dropped 1 upgrade for every multiple of $20 you cashed out..

*acts like police in South Park*

Niceeeee

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:31 pm 

Good idea.

Or maybe, if you wanted to go crazy no other,
if you cash out - you lose all your stats. :shock:

That way only the real men will stay and try to get back up to the top again.

PLUS the experienced players would be put back into the newbies shoes instead of starting with half of their already gigantic stats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:05 pm 

Hi Guy & Gals,

I know which game you're refering to because Im currently the top player there.
I quit PTW (though I do look in from time to time) because of the blatant unfairness of the current system. :evil:

Admittedly cash out isnt that easy over there because of the system balance that you lose half your upgrades and all your settlements if you do.
You have to decide at some point for a big cashout or to be a big dog in the game.The cash value just like PTW does seem to be rising every month as well,I notice of late. Though it has a better balance than this game it also has the inherent flaw of an inflationary currency :(

The upshot of this is that I spent a lot of money there last month and got to be that "top dog" :twisted: At present in PTW I could spend the same amount of money and be top dog of precisely "nothing"
This game will go down in flames if they dont have a radical rethink of how to structure the game so its at least playable by newbies and veterans alike and with a payout & optional purchases that at least balance out.

I agree with Kingdraguns idea in principal. It might be enough to bring me back to this game.

P.S. Kingdragun if you are playing that game(very likely) I do hope your not in Domination as you know I like kicking their butts. :wink:

Seamanstains (A.K.A.BRUTAL)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:25 pm 
John the Fisherman

I liked the idea that you lose stats according to the multiple of 20 you cashout with...

So if you cashout for 40$, you lose 2 upgrades on your stats

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:13 pm 

If you suck this bad where u want peoples stats halved then don't play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:51 pm 
John the Fisherman

I am only comming up with this to keep the game alive...

It's not that I suck, I just want to play

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:32 pm 

It's not a bad idea, I voted yes, figuring I'm okay with that, or any kind of system of checks and balances, fair enough? Something where to get something u lose something, after all, when u do upgrade u lose gold, so why not lose some stats when u cashout?

Still, I don't think it will stop people from cashing out for $200. Not when some of those folks are and have maybe always been willing and able to shell out the cash for extra moves and fame resets. If I wasn't trying to save up for a spinning wheel, I'd definitely use those buy moves and buy fame resets options. I mean if someone just buys a fame reset(logical, allowed, and part of how the game makes money), then they can run up fame high and take a small chance of getting hit while making the purchase. They can make the purchase really quickly if they set up the purchase all the way up to confirming the purchase(last button pressed in a paypal purchase, can't remember exact wording), and leaving it that way untill they actually need the reset. It would make sense to me.

They could probably get their stats and cashout levels back up pretty quickly, but then I'm probably missing something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:28 pm 

seamanstains wrote:
I agree with Kingdraguns idea in principal. It might be enough to bring me back to this game.

P.S. Kingdragun if you are playing that game(very likely) I do hope your not in Domination as you know I like kicking their butts. :wink:

Seamanstains (A.K.A.BRUTAL)

This game or that game?

If that game - no, I don't play that P.O.S garbage.
If this game - I play from time to time.

I dunno what Domination is - so I guess I'm not in it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:52 pm 

Actually dragun, your idea isn't bad. If combined with restoring the attack system to the old way, it's actually really good. Current players would still have the advantage of experience, while new players wouldn't be so far down in stats that they'd quit after playing for just a day or two and getting attacked for a huge % of their gold, and looking at gold value and thinking "I'll just never be able to make it:(".

More active players would probably = more revenue too.

People who have really high stats will balk though. They will. Still, they won't find a similair game that's more fun than this one is now, and if there's a stats reset every time u cashout, well then, more folks would cashout for less money per person. I imagine that would make the game more challenging for everyone, less tedious for us farmers(we'd attack more, what with having a chance to succeed), and offer more types of strategy for play.