Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beginner protection system?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:06 am 

I might be wrong, but it seems alot of people join and quit shortly thereafter.
Any new player joining can be sure to be attacked by most of the big players quite soon after they joined, and as they don't really know the game yet they prolly run around with high fame, then get attacked by the big players and lose alot of money and quit. I bet thats the case for many atleast...

So how about a beginner protection system? Like you cannot attack a new player on his first week of playing if your total attack is more than 10 more than his total defence, or something like that.
This would give the new players a week to learn the game and get into the system rather than scaring them away buy putting them right into the game as cannon fodder. New players don't stand a chance against the big players, so the only possible scenario right now is "big player plucks new player and new player can't do anything about it.. can't defend himself and cannot hit back".
So maybe some sort of beginner protection system would be a good idea? That way i'm sure you will gain atleast a few more players that join and then stay.

This would benefit everyone, PTW, all the current players and also the new players.

And besides, it would be more motivating to get more referrals if the risk of them quitting is lower.

win win situation for everyone... or?
comments are welcome, but if i missed something important in my suggestion please point it out kindly :) i'm saying this to help everyone, not to get "pffft, you're not the clever one are you? that would seriously mess things up"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:26 am 

pffft, you're not the clever one are you? :lol: Sorry just had to say that. Really though, it does sound a good idea. And 1 week for 10 fort dif is a good chance for them to get their stats up without being totaly safe. It could even be made that for the first 2 days of that week they are safe from everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:18 am 

Darkmyst9 wrote:
pffft, you're not the clever one are you? :lol: Sorry just had to say that.

you big meanie :lol:

another suggestion might be to reward players with good suggestions with something *blink* *blink* seacap *blink* *blink* bcp :)
i bet that would make people think extra hard and come up with more ideas :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:19 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

rewards are all well and good, but this idea has been brought up before and is already on the drawing board, so I am afraid you'd be out of luck on this once :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm 
John the Fisherman

bcp19 wrote:
rewards are all well and good, but this idea has been brought up before and is already on the drawing board, so I am afraid you'd be out of luck on this once :D

haha

diskmedel is trying to get ahead any way he can...

I say pop so far had the best idea with the ship sinking feature..give that man a cape!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:51 am 

CSStriker wrote:
bcp19 wrote:

haha

diskmedel is trying to get ahead any way he can...

I say pop so far had the best idea with the ship sinking feature..give that man a cape!

dude, it was a joke ;)
besides, i'm not trying to get ahead. if i was i'd be mapping, but i'd rather play for fun, and mapping isn't.
but yeah pops idea was a really good one