Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Safe Haven
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:39 pm 

Hey Cremaster, thanks for the info, but try to be less patronising next time!!! Not everybody has the same grasp of the game as you, which is why so many have given up. Useful info is good for the newbies and good for "Pirate The World" as more will have a positive outlook of the game and more will join in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:52 pm 
John the Fisherman

*internet highfive*

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re: Safe Haven
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:29 pm 

Nbad wrote:

Come on, 8k per day is what you pick up and you have no upgrades left under 20,000?

I've been back since new ownership for about a week and a half or 2weeks at most, and I had to start from scratch. I've got the 5 move boat, and today I covered a patch of the map of about 65x100 squares TODAY, which is about 4% of the whole game. I picked up a 25.5k upgrade and an 11.4k upgrade today, and started with maybe 1500 in gold. And I really only attacked towns on my way to my first 5,000 gold. After that, when I got my next Fame Reset I left the towns alone and only hit the Islands and Lagoons.

35k in gold a day should be pretty easy (just time consuming) for anyone with 4 boat upgrades.[/b]

once again proving that mapping is the only way to get ahead in the game.

ahem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:27 pm 

CaptainRedBeard wrote:
Hey Cremaster, thanks for the info, but try to be less patronising next time!!! Not everybody has the same grasp of the game as you, which is why so many have given up. Useful info is good for the newbies and good for "Pirate The World" as more will have a positive outlook of the game and more will join in.

RedBeard, I honestly was not trying to be patronizing. The game is not difficult but it can be frustrating. Like a lot of things it is easy to get started but gets more difficult as you play. The successful strategies change from day to day. I hate to fish so I am forced to adjust. I have yet to cash out so I am a learner as well.

It is frustrating when you try to help and others seem to ignore what you tell them. For me that is when the scarcasm flows from my fingers to the keyboard. I appoligize for that.

I have a friend of mine in real life and got him started in the game. It took a while but he finally made a small map. Then he continued to move on in the game. He had gotten to a point where a map was necessary.

Map, map, map, map!!! It does not need to be a big map 30X30 should do it and that is only a small map. Make one small map and you will do well in this game. Trust me. There is no one on here that has said, don't map unless they just did not want to map. Making a map saves you time! You can hit islands never getting your feet wet in the ocean and cover lots of area. An hour spent mapping ought to save you several times that amount of money in the long run. Want to earn 1000 gold? You can jump around blind for hours or spend 20 minutes using a map.

RedBeard, if you have any questions about the game I read my pms. msg me anytime.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:59 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

3J wrote:
Nbad wrote:

Come on, 8k per day is what you pick up and you have no upgrades left under 20,000?

I've been back since new ownership for about a week and a half or 2weeks at most, and I had to start from scratch. I've got the 5 move boat, and today I covered a patch of the map of about 65x100 squares TODAY, which is about 4% of the whole game. I picked up a 25.5k upgrade and an 11.4k upgrade today, and started with maybe 1500 in gold. And I really only attacked towns on my way to my first 5,000 gold. After that, when I got my next Fame Reset I left the towns alone and only hit the Islands and Lagoons.

35k in gold a day should be pretty easy (just time consuming) for anyone with 4 boat upgrades.[/b]

once again proving that mapping is the only way to get ahead in the game.

ahem

3J... give it up.. it isnt a valid argument.. you have yet to comment on larry other than saying he was lower than you.. which is WAY wrong... mecniv also said today he doesnt farm, but finds it easy to get to the top.. you have no argument here.. is mapping A way to get to the top? its possible, but much harder now.. is mapping the ONLY way? not even close.. so until you can say something OTHER THAN "mapping is the only way to get to the top" just leave it alone.. you have no proof to back it up..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:31 am 

mapping IS the only way to get to the top besides spending $$, guarenteed. find me one instance where this hasn't happened and i'll shutup. even cremasters best advice is to map as stated just above your post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:43 am 
Bros Before Hoes

how much money is vince planning on spending?

and no offense to cremaster.. but he isnt exactly "at the top".. the way to get to the top is a bit of everything.. yes, you need to be able to find a reset.. you dont have to have a large map, or even a map at all.. the ones at the top do not to nothing but map.. you are getting this confused with old ptw.. which was able to be won by mapping.. you are very wrong... and i think any one who has tried can attest to that point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:30 pm 

well said huskers - you need to do everything to be on top, and when you use a map, fish or attack is all part of the stratergy - to decide when is best to do what!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:03 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

*agreed*

Each part plays into it... Some people can succeed without doing some things (*ahem* larryx6 *ahem) while others choose to do more than one or do everything.

You can do multiple things at once, too. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:01 am 

I have tried it all, mapping, fishing, etc. I have to be really careful, I am only finding 2 or 3 fame resets a day. I have stopped attacking at 400 moves, because I have been burned many many times. I am slowly learning. I am closer to 8K, I think 35K a day is unrealistic unless you are high in the game and are fishing and hitting the big guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:33 am 

Come on. 8k is WEAK. If you've played and made a serious attempt at mapping, and got 2 boat upgrades, you should be able to hit 12k gold a day after 3 days no problem.

I've had some BAD stormy days and still been able to hit 25k, and I'm still only at 4 Boat Upgrades (5 total boats).

35k might be a little high, but honestly, If you've got 2 weeks worth of a map, and 4 Boat Upgrades, 30k a day average should not be hard.

When I started my map, I only spent the first 2 days completely mapping. For the next week or so, I was adding to my map for my first 300 turns. And it really only took about 30 minutes to add those points to my map.

Now, I add maybe 200 points to my map per day which is less than 10 minutes of work, and the rest of my turns bring in the majority of my gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:36 am 
John the Fisherman

Ah, good ole larry

he's so dreamy

*swoons*

haha

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman