Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Safe Haven
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:34 pm 

Quite a few friends and online gamers have all said to me that Pirate The World is great, but some have stopped playing. The reason for this is because after using all thier moves to gain treasure etc, the next day they log on all thier money has gone. After a few days of this type of barrage they give up don't want to play and tell others that there's no point in playing! Maybe there should be some sort of safe havens dotted around the map to help new and old protect the gains they get and give them a chance to grow in the game. Otherwise I can see this will become another of those games that only the early big guns will still be playing and everybody else will leave. The high earners may say well thats tough, I say let the small fry have a chance, If they did'nt make a safe haven then they would be fair game for anyone to attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:51 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

i think they are currently working on something of the sort for new players, however im not 100% sure... and.. as long as they dont end with fame.. then they shouldnt lose all their gold.. the 1st few days of the game, you can upgrade with what you earn during the day.. just either make sure they have 0 fame, or near 0 gold lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:12 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I have plans for something for new players...to help them get used to the fame concept and maybe get a little defense under their belt. :-D

Post subject: Re: Safe Haven
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:22 pm 

What happens to those that have achieved middle satus and have to get 20,000 or more to buy upgrades, only to find all the time they've put in collecting gold is taken before thier next set of moves, putting them also back to square one. I can see how this can become very annoying, unless they paid for extra moves to guarantee exchanging thier gold for upgrades, Surely this defeats the object of a free game especially as some people have probably got money to burn to gaurantee they become top rankers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:44 pm 
John the Fisherman

just get the fame to zero, and you have no problem...

honestly...sometimes it's worth having 100 moves left to burn around on nothing but islands with a 0 fame than to go all out and get stuck with high fame...

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:13 pm 

CaptainRedBeard wrote:
What happens to those that have achieved middle satus and have to get 20,000 or more to buy upgrades, only to find all the time they've put in collecting gold is taken before thier next set of moves, putting them also back to square one. I can see how this can become very annoying, unless they paid for extra moves to guarantee exchanging thier gold for upgrades, Surely this defeats the object of a free game especially as some people have probably got money to burn to gaurantee they become top rankers!

I think this is a harder position than the newbies. For instance, say I'm about 40k in gold (I'm not, don't bother.) with no cheap upgrades left. I get hit about 20X per night, so even with a zero fame, I lose about 8k, which is about what I pick up in a day.

But that really is the point of a free/pay game. For those who don't want to take a chance that they will lose everything to attacks, it's important to invest a few bucks to buy those extra moves that you need to put you over the top for upgrades. The game can be fun as a free game, but you may get stuck at some point. And let's face it: the admins can only pay out what they take in. So they have to maintain some way of generating revenue for the game, even if that means that some people will never be able to upgrade beyond a certain point.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:20 pm 
John the Fisherman

yeah...having all upgrades cost over 100k is rough...

that's how I lose 36k...hahaha

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:32 pm 

yes but it is also a good problem to have :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:55 pm 
John the Fisherman

Captain_Chaos wrote:
yes but it is also a good problem to have :lol:

haha, I know

I like sailing around and shouting

"man..I hate being rich"

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:10 am 

[quote="mef623"][quote="CaptainRedBeard"]What happens to those that have achieved middle satus and have to get 20,000 or more to buy upgrades, only to find all the time they've put in collecting gold is taken before thier next set of moves, putting them also back to square one. I can see how this can become very annoying, unless they paid for extra moves to guarantee exchanging thier gold for upgrades, Surely this defeats the object of a free game especially as some people have probably got money to burn to gaurantee they become top rankers![/quote]

I think this is a harder position than the newbies. For instance, say I'm about 40k in gold (I'm not, don't bother.) with no cheap upgrades left. I get hit about 20X per night, so even with a zero fame, I lose about 8k, which is about what I pick up in a day.

But that really [i]is[/i] the point of a free/pay game. For those who don't want to take a chance that they will lose everything to attacks, it's important to invest a few bucks to buy those extra moves that you need to put you over the top for upgrades. The game can be fun as a free game, but you may get stuck at some point. And let's face it: the admins can only pay out what they take in. So they have to maintain some way of generating revenue for the game, even if that means that some people will never be able to upgrade beyond a certain point.

Mike[/quote]

Come on, 8k per day is what you pick up and you have no upgrades left under 20,000?

I've been back since new ownership for about a week and a half or 2weeks at most, and I had to start from scratch. I've got the 5 move boat, and today I covered a patch of the map of about 65x100 squares [b][u]TODAY[/b][/u], which is about 4% of the whole game. I picked up a 25.5k upgrade and an 11.4k upgrade today, and started with maybe 1500 in gold. And I really only attacked towns on my way to my first 5,000 gold. After that, when I got my next Fame Reset I left the towns alone and only hit the Islands and Lagoons.

35k in gold a day should be pretty easy (just time consuming) for anyone with 4 boat upgrades.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:32 am 
Bros Before Hoes

nbad... dont get used to it.. unless you spend money you'll hardly ever have the moves to do it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:38 am 

There are safe havens in the game. They are called resets. You have to start looking for them before you have less than 10 moves left.

This is an observation not a bitch. Why is it that everytime someone has a bit of trouble moving up in the game that rather than think about the game and making a game plan they ask admin to change the game so they have to put no effort into the game?

If you are loosing all your gold you need to up your defenses, and lower that fame. There is even a help manual that tells you how to do that. But you got to read it, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:22 am 
John the Fisherman

I think SeacaptainN should give Cremaster a forum name...

Something along the lines of witch with a capital B

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:30 pm 

Brainiac???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:45 pm 
John the Fisherman

Cremaster wrote:
Brainiac???