Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New ways to spend gold or silver dubloons...
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:15 pm 

A while back, I remember that someone asked for more suggestions on where we can spend either our gold coins or silver dubloons. I have a couple, and hope that others will follow. I've left gold dubloons out of the discussion since they essentially translate to cash.

1) Perhaps certain towns could sell an "Old Ironsides" hull. It's a special hull that would carry a premium, but it would render the holder impervious to the next five/ten/xxx attacks, regardless of who the attacker is. This would also help newbies and the growing "PTW Middle Class" who are hit each day by the Old Guard.

2) Buy a Referral! I bet there are plenty of people who join without someone referring them. With the B.A.R. program, the next person who joins becomes your referral, entitling you to all of the goodies that come with being the "referrer." Of course, there's always the chance that they never play after signing up, so you are taking a chance, but it could pay off big if they play for a long time.

3) Buy an Upgrade Coupon! You receive a mystery coupon that gives you 25-50% off of your next upgrade. Would help the Middle Class achieve the ranks of the Old Guard more easily.

Hope others have suggestions!
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:54 pm 
John the Fisherman

#3 turns me on

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:29 pm 

CSStriker wrote:
#3 turns me on

What doesn't? ;)

Ha ha ha!

I do love that idea though! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:39 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

Here is the problem with number 3... like css said, it turns him on.. there are upgrades that are 500k+.. so giving people that have those 25-50% off of it will help them become more unstoppable.. good ideas, but that one i think would cause to much a problem for the "middle class"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:43 pm 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
Here is the problem with number 3... like css said, it turns him on.. there are upgrades that are 500k+.. so giving people that have those 25-50% off of it will help them become more unstoppable.. good ideas, but that one i think would cause to much a problem for the "middle class"

I think that's an excellent point. Maybe the coupon could be "25-50%" up to a certain amount.

As for turning on Striker, um, I just don't even wanna go down that path. C-man, I like ya buddy, but not in that way.

Mike

Post subject: Re: New ways to spend gold or silver dubloons...
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:23 pm 
the evil pirate

mef623 wrote:
1) Perhaps certain towns could sell an "Old Ironsides" hull. It's a special hull that would carry a premium, but it would render the holder impervious to the next five/ten/xxx attacks, regardless of who the attacker is. This would also help newbies and the growing "PTW Middle Class" who are hit each day by the Old Guard.

i very much like this idea , there would have to be limitations on possibly how often a month someone could use it.

maybe the price of the "Old Ironsides" could be based on the players level

cost could be like

(crew + cannon) x 500 = old ironside

newbie would be like this ( 2 crew + 3 cannon) x 500 = 2500
old guard would be (10 crew + 10 cannon) x 500 = 10000

this idea would do 2 things

1. remove gold from the game and reduce cashout
2. affordable protection for newbies

it would be really nice to see this implemented on a limited basis and then expand after. we dont want everyone over-using it and take the fun out of the game and everyone running around with super-hulls.

this idea could also be used on any stat where for X amount of gold someone could tempoararily upgrade their attack by 2-3 levels.

great post mef, ref idea is good too btw