Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So i've finally had a chance to play this month..
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:00 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

Ok, so really, today was the 1st time ive sat down and PLAYED ptw all month.. and one of the few times since relaunch.. but my suggestion is pertaining to this month only..

As almost everyone knows, there are now "more moves" to be found on islands.. this is true, at least for a little while.. i had been told about what happens, but never really seen it in action.. right off the bat i dropped to about 530 moves.. then i sky rocketed to 650's and hovered pretty steadily for a little while... then.. out of nowhere, you start finding absolutely nothing over and over and over.. then storms... and IF you find moves, its in the quantity of almost always 1-5 instead of 10+ like it starts out.. i think that this should be a little more balanced.. it doesnt seem very random like claimed to be that you get way up and just bottom out and find nothing.. i know this may be a way to "limit" farming.. this is good, in a sense. however, i feel that if the moves found is that moves lost should also be limited, where as i didnt notice any difference in percentage there.. either that or there should be a FEW more moves found so it doesnt just bottom out.. dont get me wrong, im not sayin that there is too little moves or too many storms or anything, im just suggesting that maybe it shouldnt bottom out so quickly.. that way it may even be a little easier to plan on and have a general idea about what is going to happen..

have fun playing everyone and hopefully i'll be able to play some more soon lol..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:46 pm 

i like it the new way..... it enables everyone to play longer as well as more moves are being found, and that means more people getting addicted to the game... and more people spending $$ on the game... thus lowering cashouts

Post subject: Re: So i've finally had a chance to play this month..
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:46 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
Ok, so really, today was the 1st time ive sat down and PLAYED ptw all month.. and one of the few times since relaunch.. but my suggestion is pertaining to this month only..

As almost everyone knows, there are now "more moves" to be found on islands.. this is true, at least for a little while.. i had been told about what happens, but never really seen it in action.. right off the bat i dropped to about 530 moves.. then i sky rocketed to 650's and hovered pretty steadily for a little while... then.. out of nowhere, you start finding absolutely nothing over and over and over.. then storms... and IF you find moves, its in the quantity of almost always 1-5 instead of 10+ like it starts out.. i think that this should be a little more balanced.. it doesnt seem very random like claimed to be that you get way up and just bottom out and find nothing.. i know this may be a way to "limit" farming.. this is good, in a sense. however, i feel that if the moves found is that moves lost should also be limited, where as i didnt notice any difference in percentage there.. either that or there should be a FEW more moves found so it doesnt just bottom out.. dont get me wrong, im not sayin that there is too little moves or too many storms or anything, im just suggesting that maybe it shouldnt bottom out so quickly.. that way it may even be a little easier to plan on and have a general idea about what is going to happen..

have fun playing everyone and hopefully i'll be able to play some more soon lol..

<sigh> here we go again. Random is just that, random. You had a run of bad luck for ONE days worth of play and you're attacking the 'randomness' again. There is no reduction in the % to find moves, so if you are not finding moves as often as you think you should, then you are on the bad side of the random equation, nothing more. There is NO possibility to find 0 moves either and there is ALWAYS a chance to find 1-16 moves. I am not going to continue this discussion as I have proved over and over again that the equation is +/- 1% overall. My apologies if you think I am being a jerk, but all you seem to want is a flood of moves so that you can go from 600 to 10,000 or some such. This is no longer the game is was a year ago and a lot of changes have been made to try and make it better.

In the imortal words of Stan Lee:

'nuff said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:56 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Cuthbert seems to think differently.

http://forum.piratetheworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=2073

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:08 pm 

*snort*

Funny Seacap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:15 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

ok bcp.. that is absoulte bullsh!t.. honestly.. BULLSH!T.. actually take a second and REREAD what i wrote...

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
dont get me wrong, im not sayin that there is too little moves or too many storms or anything

so i do NOT see where you are coming up with...

bcp19 wrote:
but all you seem to want is a flood of moves so that you can go from 600 to 10,000 or some such.

i SIMPLY SAID i think it should be MORE balanced... and as i said this is the 1st time ive played it ALL THE WAY THROUGH.. not the first time i actually played... i HAVE seen this happen before.. every. time. as i also stated, im not the only one who has noticed this... i also understand farming is how you guys LIVED in previous ptw, therefore you can think of multiple ways to shut it down, and you have. there is nothing wrong with that.. all i SUGGESTED was that it be more consistent.. not bitching.. not complaining.. yet you jump all over MY ass AGAIN... doesnt seem like you EVER jumped on 3J for bitching that WASNT PRODUCTIVE.. at least i had a POINT to what i was saying, and i obviously wasnt the only one because you guys wouldnt change anything just so suit myself.. and you changed the farming, so there WAS something wrong.. its your game.. yo udo with it what you want.. as you obviously are.. but take note at the big name players that have already stopped playing, and will continue to stop..

150677 Gold Pieces = 20 GD

May 23rd, 2007..

isnt it a little early to be THAT high? looks like cashout containing is goin really really well..

*edit*

it seems i misread this the 1st time.. you dodged another point im trying to make...

bcp19 wrote:
There is no reduction in the % to find moves, so if you are not finding moves as often as you think you should, then you are on the bad side of the random equation

its not necessarily just the % chance TO find moves.. its the amount you find WHEN you find them... and yes.. that has happend more than once.. to more than just myself..

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:

You never stop to think about how your words are taken, you throw them out there in a manner that leads to misinterpretation. When you spend as much time as you have jumping down our throats about the randomness and everything else, then post something that comes across as inflammatory, then expect a negative response back. MOST of your post is termed negatively and is then folllowed with the "I'm not complaining". If you want to be taken seriously, then try to be diplomatic about what you say. Cap and I have studied how everything has gone extensively in the last 3 months and have spent many hours trying to refine it to make it fair to as many as possible, but we tend to get nothing but negativity from a certain crowd. The next time you decide to post, STOP, put yourself in our shoes and think how it will be received, then think how to phrase it so no offense will be taken. I can honestly say I have spent over 100 hours on you alone combing through figures to show that your previous complaints about storms being too high was in fact not true, but your 'gut feeling' couldn't be wrong and I had to comb again and again to try and show you. When we made the changes at the beginning of the month we even reduced the % chance to find storms by 10%, yes, 10%, but you still complain about them.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:41 am 
Bros Before Hoes

bcp19 wrote:
When we made the changes at the beginning of the month we even reduced the % chance to find storms by 10%, yes, 10%, but you still complain about them.

not true at all.. i NEVER ANYWHERE THERE SAID THERE WERE TOO MANY STORMS.. not once.. in fact, i said..
huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
im not sayin that there is too little moves or too many storms or anything

i figured making a suggestion was being diplomatin about it.. you just assume that since its coming from me its nothing but b!tching, when in fact, thats complete bullsh!t.. and your right.. i DID mean its 1-5 instead of 10+.. yet again, if i have to do my runs over and over again and continuously have this happen.. i will.. random is just that random.. your right.. random is NOT CONTINUOUSLY on the BAD side of things over and over and over again, which is what WAS happening with storms.. what is negative about

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
"more moves" to be found on islands.. this is true, at least for a little while..

taking things out of context like you did with the "more moves" doesnt give the whole story..

like i said before.. your just thinking that its complete b!tching about it because its me.. or because its pop.. if it wasnt me, but say.. diskmedel or csstriker or tazomatic that made this post, it would have been recived COMPLETELY different.. and dont tell me that it wouldnt have.. because we BOTH know.. deep down.. its true, whether you want to admit to it or not... If you are going to say thats not true, and call me out on that.. i would invite everyone to go back to the 1st month after relaunch.. towards the end.. in a topic about storms.. you call me out as "the person b!itching that happens to have the most gold".. just an example as how you arent afraid to say something that shouldnt about me, or popcan for that matter..

and another thing.. how have you spent 3 months looking at this thing i just brought up? today is may 24th.. hence the 24th day its been in action.. have you seriously looked into what im suggesting right now? entirely? i'll look more into it, and bring forth stats.. again.. like i did last time.. however i would invite you to look into it also..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:22 pm 

the worlds out to get ya husk

locked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:39 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

3J wrote:
the worlds out to get ya husk

locked?

i never said anything about the world..

but if only you had the slightest clue.. even an idea..

its been quiet without you bitchin about your mapping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:22 pm 

lol

and you still dont think that the changes i practically single handedly convinced to get done is a good thing??

fool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:58 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

single-handedly?

I don't think so.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:16 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
bcp19 wrote:
When we made the changes at the beginning of the month we even reduced the % chance to find storms by 10%, yes, 10%, but you still complain about them.

not true at all.. i NEVER ANYWHERE THERE SAID THERE WERE TOO MANY STORMS.. not once.. in fact, i said..
huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
im not sayin that there is too little moves or too many storms or anything

i figured making a suggestion was being diplomatin about it.. you just assume that since its coming from me its nothing but b!tching, when in fact, thats complete bullsh!t.. and your right.. i DID mean its 1-5 instead of 10+.. yet again, if i have to do my runs over and over again and continuously have this happen.. i will.. random is just that random.. your right.. random is NOT CONTINUOUSLY on the BAD side of things over and over and over again, which is what WAS happening with storms.. what is negative about

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
"more moves" to be found on islands.. this is true, at least for a little while..

taking things out of context like you did with the "more moves" doesnt give the whole story..

like i said before.. your just thinking that its complete b!tching about it because its me.. or because its pop.. if it wasnt me, but say.. diskmedel or csstriker or tazomatic that made this post, it would have been recived COMPLETELY different.. and dont tell me that it wouldnt have.. because we BOTH know.. deep down.. its true, whether you want to admit to it or not... If you are going to say thats not true, and call me out on that.. i would invite everyone to go back to the 1st month after relaunch.. towards the end.. in a topic about storms.. you call me out as "the person b!itching that happens to have the most gold".. just an example as how you arent afraid to say something that shouldnt about me, or popcan for that matter..

and another thing.. how have you spent 3 months looking at this thing i just brought up? today is may 24th.. hence the 24th day its been in action.. have you seriously looked into what im suggesting right now? entirely? i'll look more into it, and bring forth stats.. again.. like i did last time.. however i would invite you to look into it also..

finding absolutely nothing over and over and over.. then storms...

The line you said plainly implies storms are still part of the problem.

Typing "more moves" implies that there not actually more moves.

Continuously bad side of things. Maybe if compared to the old game. Like I said, I analyzed the numbers many times, and the data clearly showed you were getting more than the average most of the time, but since you were not solely hitting islands it seemed like it was not.

Was this because it was you or pop bringing it up? Yes and no. pop tends to talk to us rather than down at us. You can figure out the rest.

Yes, 3 months. Maybe you don't remember, but we brought the game up before the relaunch to work out a few things.

You want respect, but you refuse to earn it. Your reactions here show that clearly and will only bring about another round of vituperation from you. There are applicable sayings: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" "You reap what you sow"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:12 pm 

SeaCaptainN wrote:
single-handedly?

I don't think so.

weeeelll on the forums it seemed that way anyways =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:44 pm 

Dang, BCP getting biblical on your heiney!