Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: time limit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:34 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

mrsludgemaster wrote:

there are plenty of pirates in you class to plunder. I know. You have to build your skills so you can plunder as many of those you can, with the moves you have. If you just build defense you will never hit anyone. The rush to a big defense is over the big guys are way ahead. You need attack to hit as many people as possible. You do need defense but don't make it a priority if you can't make enough gold to get an upgrade. change up your style. island hop, fish, map, beserk. island hop, fish, map, berserk. OH MY. ----Remember, Remember -IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO END WITH A FEW MOVES LEFT AND A FAME OF 0 THEN END WITH A FAME >0. so if you hit a reset with 10 moves left just hit islands and lagoons till your moves are done.

I was way behind when I started under the old system but I caught way up to the leaders before the end. YOU can do it, you just need a plan.

that my 5 gold pieces

agreed.

even better to end with 50 moves and 0 fame...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:29 am 

Thanks for all the tips guys but actually I have worked out all this out! My point is that even if I keep low fame when I've finished, by the time I log in the next day the big guys have plundered nearly all I fished the previous day so I'm going round in circles. So I'm hitting brick walls cos I now need so much to upgrade. Reckon if Im' lucky I can get one upgrade a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:30 am 
Bros Before Hoes

no matter how many times you get attacked.. if you make 50k a day.. and end with 0 fame.. yo uwill gain.. if you farm and fish.. you can easily make 50k a day.. easily.. so if you do that, you shouldnt be going in circles..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:45 am 

Without buying extra moves, and having used all my map squares to map lagoon and islands, not buying any more, I have never made 50k a day - the most I can ever do is 20k and it's usually averaging about 10-15k - not unless I attack people and then I'm going round in circles cos inevitably one of the big guys is sitting on their deck waiting for me to pass by. If I do attack a little, keeping fame <10 then again at most 20k.

If there's secrets I don't know about please let me know!!!!

Any other little guys reading this want to back me up????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:30 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

you cant use just the in game mapping system.. 500 spaces is no where near enough for what you want to do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:06 pm 

I know where you're coming from. Not that i can really complain cuz i can't remember the last time i used all my moves. Being summer and all, i jus don't put in the same amount of time. Anyway, I understand. there's a point that you hit where you become a prime target for the larger players. and those big guys have good strategies. And, don't jump on me cuz i'm not saying anything about anyone but here goes...
Sometimes, if not alot of times... it seems like they work together. for example.. tool around with 0 zero fame, get hit by someone while holding about 30 grand and that's it. No one else comes around... get hit with 10 fame, maybe 1 more comes... get hit with 50+ fame and you'll be down to 4 figures within minutes. Even on the last day of the week, theres no security. While i'm getting "you cannot attack anymore this week", i'm getting raped.
I think there's times when it gets hard for everyone, so i'm not saying mid-level players have the hardest time or anything, i'm just saying I can see where you're coming from. I don't have a huge map, getting 50 grand a day is damn near impossible for me, who am I kidding... it IS impossible. With dial up and everything else - i can't have anything live without major lag - fishing is something i can only dream about. When we tried the new interface, that was the first time any 'Live' feature worked for me. so there's days when i play crazy... who cares about fame? maybe i can sink a few and get up there and then play conservatively. Even then, you hit a decent level and try to play with some concern.. try to keep fame at a decent level anyway, cuz i have to hit other pirates.. without it, i can only get enough each day to keep me at the same level after hits. And it can't be only 1 pirate that hits me when I have some fame... so most days i end with close to what i started with. sometimes a little more, some days a little less. then i hit that day where i'm sick of it all and go crazy... that's when i end up losing all that i had been holding.
So... an upgrade a month? that sounds about right. I know where you're coming from. But i like the game. I get frustrated sometimes.. sometimes i laugh at my own impatience when i see my balance disappearing.. some days i wish it was a little guy my gold was going to instead of the same assailants all the time! and once... just once... i'd like to fish and get one of those super hits i see others bragging about..... Ok, more than once, but the first time would be a good start!
My advice, stick it out. BCP and Capt are always coming up with new ways to keep the game interesting. Maybe you'll luck out and come away with some prize pearl upgrade that'll help you out. Or maybe some lucky days at outwit will help you hit your goal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:49 pm 

Blazinpyro Success 8880 Gained Jun 12 02:34:04
mrsludgemaster Success 1739 Gained Jun 12 02:26:20
kathara Success 20 Gained Jun 12 01:45:12
bayleagirl Success 8842 Gained Jun 12 01:39:18
6PackBear Success 3458 Gained Jun 12 01:38:25
nelgrepos Failure 0 Gained Jun 12 01:31:51
mama54 Success 2360 Gained Jun 12 01:24:43

=25,000 in 1 hour fishing
+12,000 in 30mins hitting my 500 mapped out spaces

37,000 for the day playing 1.5hours and i end with 650-750 or so moves

if i had the time to sit at my comp for a few more hours i could easily make 100k in a day no problem, as i've done before

especially now that we know how many active pirates are on the seas at any time, go in when theres hardly any... do your 500 spaces, sail the map to all the known fishing holes and get the people fishing to attack you when you have 0 fame.. then wreak havoc on the rest of the map, getting sunk ships ect [some days i get 10+ sunk ships, 50k right there] and voila you're in the money.... along with some fishing of your own as well.

sure sometimes you'll get unlucky and attacked and lose quite a lot of gold, but thats the name of the game!!

my 2 cents

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:05 pm 

actually now that i think of it, all of that fishing was while i was hitting my 500 spaces... so its really just 1 hour of playing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:27 pm 

I WISH i could do 500 spaces in an hour! that might help. I think i have to play something like 5 hours to use up my moves. DAMN DIAL UP!! i think i gotta move....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 pm 

and actually, now that i think of it.. even while farming, a pirate can move in, attack me and get away, without me ever seeing them. and it's not always an instance of more radar either, when i look in my logs I can see how close they were...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:34 pm 

mmmm yeah dialup must suck... i breeze through moves like nothing, takes me less than a second per move if the servers going good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:19 pm 
John the Fisherman

ya gotta have a nice ship in order to tool around all day 3J..hehe

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Help for the little guy/gal?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:07 pm 

IMHO, keeping a good amount of resets out there is the best way to help out the newbies.

Is it my imagination, or are resets becoming more scarce? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:26 pm 

heres a good tip, come up with a ***PATTERN*** when you go around the world, dont just sail around aimlessly =) [implement your 500 spaces in this pattern]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:42 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

your imagination