Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help for the little guy/gal
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:32 am 

My suggestion is...Banking...something along the lines of...Minimum amount of gold eg: 5000 and zero fame land on an island that allows you to put your gold into your chest until you have enough for an upgrade All gold would have to be removed when upgrade is purchased
Higher ranks would have a minimum of 10,000 gold before they could deposit the gold into their chests
The higher the rank the more the minimum deposit would be
Also I am assuming the white cross in the middle of the radar is me It would be good if this cross was a color so you know if you are green blue red or any color that the rank is :?: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:44 am 

i had a simliar thought some time ago about banking, like adding banks to some towns like the assayers or something like that.

not much for safety in this game, a bank where you can stash your gold would be a nice touch and add a little safety ^^ i think it would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:00 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

The main problem with banking is people would just throw all their gold in there to save up for cashout or upgrades and no one would be attacking each other anymore except the new guys who wouldn't know enough about it to do the banking properly. Cashout is already pushing the 200k mark, this idea would push it up to 300-500k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:43 pm 

heres my version...

banking being putting our gold into our chests, on islands. however our chests can be attacked or found when the island is landed on/searched. so theres always a risk when you hide your gold that it might be found.

could add somthing fun to the game =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:28 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

this suggestion has been brought up before also, and if i remember it got shot down pretty quickly.. there are too many problems with things especially like what bcp said.. and 3j.. what are the odds of it getting found? why wouldnt i just hide a tiny bit on thousands of islands to make sure it doesnt all get found? yet i can collect it and cashout when i want..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:23 pm 

Maybe there could be a condition placed on banking where the amount banked must be used with in a time period or the gold is forfeited back to the game. Gold put into chests has to be used after 7 days either for upgrades or just back to your winnings so other players can rob you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:17 pm 

How about we have something called fame and the lower your fame is the less people can take from you? As your fame gets higher people can take more but then you can find random resets to your fame...

That would be AWESOME!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:44 pm 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

**note to self**
Do not try to drink a glass of water while reading PTW discussion boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:10 pm 

MadMorganBonney wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

**note to self**
Do not try to drink a glass of water while reading PTW discussion boards.

LOL! I'm so glad I had just set down my water while reading this!!

Post subject: time limit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:40 pm 

How about a time limit for maximum time you can be logged in each day?

Or more randomness on successful attacks when attack<defense?

We lesser pirates only get so far then we can't go no further cos it takes weeks to plunder enough gold without increasing fame cos anyone with high enough gold to plunder is too powerful. Hence can only get gold from islands and eventually get to a certain level of gold that the amount we can get in a day gets plundered in a day by the biggies. No wonder so many people give up.

There has to be a way to even this out a bit more....or at least make the little guys think they have a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:45 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I'm working on a number of ideas. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:53 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

there USED TO BE more randomness when attack<defense... it ruined the game.. the game became no fun to play and i can gurantee a number of members will quit if that happens again.. almost gurantee that wont happen..

and little guys do have a chance.. just the other day.. i failed someone 3 levels below me, 2 levels below me.. and OVER 20 levels below me.. you have a chance.. just play smart and dont run around with fame, you wont lose much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:06 pm 
John the Fisherman

yeah, husky has a point...

with that huge section of randomness, it made your stats somewhat pointless and it sucked

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re: time limit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:16 pm 

jrossjord wrote:

We lesser pirates only get so far then we can't go no further cos it takes weeks to plunder enough gold without increasing fame cos anyone with high enough gold to plunder is too powerful. Hence can only get gold from islands and eventually get to a certain level of gold that the amount we can get in a day gets plundered in a day by the biggies. No wonder so many people give up.

There has to be a way to even this out a bit more....or at least make the little guys think they have a chance.

there are plenty of pirates in you class to plunder. I know. You have to build your skills so you can plunder as many of those you can, with the moves you have. If you just build defense you will never hit anyone. The rush to a big defense is over the big guys are way ahead. You need attack to hit as many people as possible. You do need defense but don't make it a priority if you can't make enough gold to get an upgrade. change up your style. island hop, fish, map, beserk. island hop, fish, map, berserk. OH MY. ----Remember, Remember -IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO END WITH A FEW MOVES LEFT AND A FAME OF 0 THEN END WITH A FAME >0. so if you hit a reset with 10 moves left just hit islands and lagoons till your moves are done.

I was way behind when I started under the old system but I caught way up to the leaders before the end. YOU can do it, you just need a plan.

that my 5 gold pieces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 pm 
John the Fisherman

sludgy's got a good point

better to end with moves left and 0 fame than no moves left and a fame greater than 0

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman