Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New pirates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:42 pm 

we really do need to work on getting some newbie protection going cause soo many new guys are quitting from the constant attacks from the big guys
so heers my suggestion..
in their first month of playing they cannot be attacked by anyone,this gives them confidence and time to build on their stats
im almost to the point of boredom,you can prolly tell from my lack of attacking people due to having to attack the same people over and over again
i remember the good ol days when you couldnt even move 25 spaces without seeing a moving pirate on your radar
we need to try and keep the new pirates and build their confidence in the game and bring back some competition and revenue to the game
im sure some of the older players would also agree
or if you can think of another suggestion,lets try and get it into the game before next month...new pirates are quitting all over the place
Let me know your thoughts and lets come up with some realistic ideas that will benifit everyone
Thankyou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:11 am 

hay there
it would be great to keep the newbes..not sure how easy it would be to do but how about a lesser persentage of their gold lost/stolen for a bit (till they get hooked :twisted: )....it also seems from chat that a lot dont seem to realise just what the fame dose..have to admit i didnt when i started....but then again i didnt read the rules properly for a start..just went about trying to pilage and plunder.....lol...
:shock:

Post subject: here here
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:29 am 

Yes im all for that idea, something needs to be done to keep the new ones. even if they are a different colour so most the older pirates would take pitty and not attack.
What about an instant email page where new pirates can be given a "tutor" (as in old pirates that volenteer) so they can talk, give advice etc.
At the moment the only way to catch these new ones is if you happen to be in the chat when they are.

When newbies log in there could be a clear option that says "your chief pirate is ........ - instant mail for any help, game secrets etc"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:08 pm 

I like smiller's idea of a personal pirate tutor - they do need help.

It is getting quite frustrating that there are so many green dots with no money who have obviously given up. If I go on an attacking spree now, I just lose all my moves really quickly, get very little gold, and don't sink anyone. I'm not saying this to whinge on my part but the game is less interesting that when I started. Most of the fun is attacking and plundering but I can't seem to attack anyone with more than 1k gold, and that's pretty rare. No wonder the new pirates are giving up so easily. I know from other posts that there are others who are finding it frustrasting too.

There are apparently nearly 5000 members (perhaps time for another clearup of these?) but I've not seen more that 21 active pirates at once recently.

The idea of the site is to attract as many people as possible for the advertising right? Then we need to make the game more balanced so a pirate doesn't have to spend 4 hours a day farming to scrape enough gold for an upgrade a month.

Can I suggest that with so many seemingly inactive pirates that there is a cleanup of members again (to more acurately reflect those on the seas) and that the either the time to be inactive before the sinking process starts is reduced to 5 days, or the number of attacks halved to 50, or both...this will clean up the multitude of bankrupt green pirates on the screen. (even if the amount for sinking has to reduce to accommodate more sinking, why not half the number of attacks and half the gold plundered to 2500)

oops went on a bit more than I intended to...sorry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:34 pm 
John the Fisherman

I'll be a tutor

hehe

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:01 pm 

I also like smiller's idea but I think it would need to have features such as:
1) Either user can block the other at anytime. Because sometimes players join the game to be a pain and I would want to filter out those players from getting my help. For example a player came into chat just repeating the f word and not saying anything else.
2) The new player could see some rating of who was helping them and be able to choose someone else before the process starts. You wouldn't want someone who had been playing day to be helped by someone who hadn't played any moves yet.
3) For players to be able to rate the level of help they got and the level could be shown to other new players meaning they could get help that they could understand. For example I'm not very good at putting my ideas into words so would get a lower rating.
4) Etc.

As I was reading jrossjord's post I got another idea. How about the number of moves a new player has played is the length of time they have before they can be sunk. That way players who only play 1 or 2 moves and then quit could be sunk the next day and players who play over 300 moves would get the normal 1 week and 100 attacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:18 am 

ok so when i originally signed up for this i gave up quite quickly as it seemed impossbile to do anything.

however ive now got more free time and thought id give it another shot.

at the minute im not too sure if i will stick around or not. we will wait and see. im about at the stage of where i can upgrade using gold ive collected using my 600 moves, but in the next day or two the amount of gold i can collect from searching islands and attacking towns will be not enough for me to upgrade anymore. due to the fact most ships ive come across have no gold to be plundered there is not much gold i can get from those either.

one problem which i can see is that upto 50% of gold can be stolen from you. this is far too high. after being attacked only 3 or 4 times over night, my gold can go down to virtually nothing. meaning it is impossbile for us new players to upgrade and even compete against the players who have been here longer. the way the game is set up seems to favour the older players meaning that us new players are simply a small source of gold and we ourselves will never have a chance.

i seen in one forum post someone asking if when you cashout your enhancements are cut in half. ive played a few of these and this seems a fair way, it would actually give us a chance to compete. but all you big players know you've got it good and will moan like hell if you thought the admins would implement this.

i think that if say only the maximum of gold which can be plundered from you was lowered to 10% it would make new players more likely to stay around and be less disheartened from losing all their gold.

anyway ill think about this over the next few days and see if ill be staying to play or not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:12 pm 
John the Fisherman

the maximum gold that can get taken away from you is 10 %...

...if your fame is 8 or lessish

Just keep low fame, and play it safe...you'll go somewhere, but it might take a bit

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:58 pm 

hi there
Scotology..dont know if you realise this but we all started out at the bottom...ive played reasonably consistant off n on since the end of last year sometime...i guess im sorta middle of the road as far as upgrades go.....and yes i loose big chunks of gold (for me)...about 16k the other day...only cause i love to have a go and pillage and plunder and as a result end up with a huge fame..its just a part of the game...if you dont want to loose all your gold especially when your offline have a 0 fame..
ohh and btw i love the idea about a different colours for newbees..
now go forth and prosper....ohh sorry thats startrek :oops:
load the cannons and prepare to be boarded... :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:40 am 

ah right, that sounds alright then cssstriker

hadnt actually seen anything about how fame actually affects how much gold you lose, but i can live with 10% loss lol

i guess ill just try and get as much gold as i can and then if im getting near the end of my moves and find a fame reset then i will just stop for the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:42 am 
John the Fisherman

thats a good plan

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:29 am 

I think the key is asking people why they quit. why not send out an auto-mail when a ship is sunk. Put in a multiple choice questionnaire and offer something, like gold, in exchange for answering. We can toss ideas back and forth forever about why people play for such a short time and quit but really, they're the only ones who know why they did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:45 pm 

Being a very weak player myself i suggest you run off about 400 moves till you have 200 left,then look for a reset
the run off you last 200 or so moves searching islands only
if you happen to have fame and alot of gold at the end of the night feel free to message me and i will be more than happy to reduce your fame for you
:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:26 pm 
John the Fisherman

I think the noob protection is the best

I think they quit because they try in the beginning, only to have it taken away so quickly, and at that point, they still don't know how to play with strategies

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:35 am 

To be honest, I start loosing my interest on this game recently, it seems that no matter how hard I upgrade my hull and attack, there are still many stronger players in this game, I lost at least 20K everyday though I keep my frame at zero when I offline, it's really frustrated!! I think I will never be able to cash out, while some strong players can cash out every month. I suggest when those players cash out, their hull & attack level should be halved, so that the new comers can be more competitive.