Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: reverse 'gold stolen' code
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:58 pm 

how does it make sence... that the higher your fame, the more likly it is that gold can be stolen from you while you are attacking another ship?

it should be opposite... the lower your fame, the more likly it is that gold is stolen from you while you are attacking a ship.

think about it... a pirate that has lots of attacking expierence[high fame], would be less likly to be hijacked and gold stolen while they are attacking vs a pirate that hasn't attacked anyone in a week[low fame] - wouldn't be up to par on their defensive skills.

that way we reward those people who are actually going out and doing the attacking[the original strategy], versus those people who sit still and wait for players to come by.

Yes, this is going against 'fishers'. As fishers tend to have low fame... and therefore will be more likly to have gold stolen from them on an attack, and will help those people who simply go on attacking rampages, which as of now... dosn't work at all because so much is going against them [high fame.. fishers.. ]

this SHOULD help newbies somewhat, what do you all think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:14 pm 

let me add this to your comments all the gold that has been stolen from me has happened at 0 fame and while i wasnt playing the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:24 pm 

I didn't think fame had anything to do with it. But with higher fame there are more towns people after you and you would be tired from all the attacking. When you've finished licking the toads (Fame resets.) you would be fully awake and wouldn't drop gold. Also if players were more likely to drop gold with fame then I should be rich because I don't think players attacking my ship would only go for my ship. So I'm happy with it the way it is.

P.s:
I think you're a good luck charm because no players had dropped gold at my ship in probably about a month. But around 2 hrs after your post it happened at last, :D. Not only that but I think the attacker is a 50/50.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:42 am 
John the Fisherman

I stole 1 gp today off some new ship

that oughtta teach em!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:56 am 

fulty wrote:
let me add this to your comments all the gold that has been stolen from me has happened at 0 fame and while i wasnt playing the game

i meant gold stolen from you at the same time you were attacking someone =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:33 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

3J wrote:
fulty wrote:

i meant gold stolen from you at the same time you were attacking someone =)

The *only* thing fame has in the calculation of gold stolen is how much gold you can lose if the defender is able to successfully counterattack you ON A FAILED ATTACK by you. If the ship you attacked was active (fishing) and attacked you back and won, fame would play the same in the calculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:53 pm 

oh... well i guess im wrong then