Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inactive players/welcome back bonus
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:35 am 
the evil pirate

i just cleaned out my email box today after getting released from the hospital last night and i noticed a lot of sites offer incentives to get players to come back and play on their sites.

here is what i suggest.

Send out a mass email to all the sunken ships inviting them back to play, with so many kids going back to school (thank god) a lot of people will have some free time once again.

the offer could be "get 2 free upgrades" as a welcome back bonus once you have made XX amount of moves.

2 free upgrades should be more directed at newbies therefore should be limited to a maximum of 50k or something like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:57 pm 
John the Fisherman

why were you in the hospital?

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:30 pm 
the evil pirate

my heartrate dropped to 32 before i was shipped out by air ambulance

its up in the 40's now but im still pretty weak.

for all of you that thought i didnt have a heart, welllllllll it seems i do have one lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:24 pm 

Oh wow, that's scary...are you OK??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:26 am 
the evil pirate

yeah im ok for now , i may possibly need a pacemaker in the future. doctor told me to stay active and my heart rate will stay above 60, trouble is that it drops below 40 when i sleep too. i stayed up 36 hours straight till i passed out last night. ill probably stay awake for a few more days until i get a 2nd opinion from another doctor. im still super freaked out as all i can think of is our 5 kids, i dont want them growing up without a father like i did.

im gonna get rid of some stress this week , im gonna sell off all my rental units and sue a bunch of people who owe me money at my store.

once the other rentals are gone ill be able to play PTW 16-20 hours a day again :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:35 am 
John the Fisherman

yikes

well, I hope all is well with ya popcan, even if that means seeing you on the seas even more!

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:38 pm 

Dude, as much as I HATE when you smack me around Puh-leeeeze follow your doctors orders and do NOT be screwing around with a heart problem!

My own dad died of a heart attack last year, on my birthday. The first call I got was at 8:40 AM saying "Oh, your dad's gone to the hospital" then at 8:45 it was "Your brother just called crying and said it doesn't look good" and when we got ourselves to the hospital at 9:04 he had just been pronounced dead. He was still warm when I saw him, held his hands and kissed him goodbye.

So if I hear that you've been slacking on whatever your doctor tells you to do I will personally, as a Daddy's girl, come to your house and kick your ass.

Got it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:05 pm 

Let's keep Popcan active!! Hmmm, we should invent a treadmill that's hooked up to PTW so he can be active while playing!!

Take care of yourself, and do what the doctor's tell you!! Or else one of these days I'll attack you and actually win something! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:42 pm 

get well soon pops
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:55 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

MadMorganBonney and popcan's ass?!? OH MY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:09 pm 
the evil pirate

thanks for all the kind words everyone

ive already had 2 episodes since ive been home , had one out of town when i brought the wifey to an emergency dentist appointment, went directly to the hospital where they said i had a panic attack lol . i asked how can it be a panic attack when my heart rate is 40(much lower before i got there) , dizzy, cold sweats and pain in my neck and arms ?

i never told the doctor that i lived with my basket case money grabbing crazy ex that had panic attacks all the time. panic attacks create high heart rates. so i lost patience and discharged myself.

i just got out of bed now after having another one today after getting some grub for the ever-hungry kids, basically im just gonna play on the computer and watch TV until my regular doctor gets home from holidays in 5 days. im gonna request that i be sent to Toronto and see the best doctors we have in the country, doctors(possibly upgraded vetenarians) up here are not taking me seriously because im only 39 and in great physical condition with no family history of heart disease.

shakes are a bit better but i still missed you MMB and mommyTTG today when you guys put some scratches in my newly painted hull. instead of well wishes i will be accepting any donations in the form of gold :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:23 pm 
the evil pirate

MrsAir wrote:
get well soon pops
:D

thanks air, heart was pumping today when i was playing dead near 0-0 when you popped into my radar 3-4 times. capt-greedy showed me that move :)

PS: i only had 5 fame but im still not close to making cashout yet so every gold piece counts :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:03 pm 
John the Fisherman

I missed MMB too... :cry:

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:47 pm 

I felt bad even trying to hit you today...but I tried none the less, then had my crew paddle like hell to avoid the inevitable retaliation!

I hope you can get sent to Toronto and have this pesky problem dealt with!!

Post subject: Re: Inactive players/welcome back bonus
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:34 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Pop, I hope everything works out well for you, and can understand well about 'doctors' not taking you seriously. I had an episode of blinding headaches while in San Diego and for 3-4 weeks all they would do was proscribe more and mroe powerful pain killers that really did nothing for the problem. One night we heard a loud bang in the hallway and found the door to the furnace open. Had a repairman come out and found the heat exchanger was cracked and got the furnace replaced. 2 days later the headaches were gone, so while not positive I am sure the cause was Carbon Monoxide poisoning due to the crack in the exchanger. Makes you wonder what they teach them nowadays.

Do take care of yourself though, I'd hate to see your ship sink.