Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: problems with fame
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:23 am 

I just thought that I would rant and rave a little since, I was working so hard this week, with no fame at all, just island hopping and go to a little over 20k in 2 weeks, which, by the way, I think is a long time. Its been almost that long since I had an upgrade, figuring I'd see if I could get one quicker this way....ha! Didn't work! When I woke up this morning and went to check my stats, I was down to 17k. How much do we lose for having no fame? This seems like an awfully lot of gold to lose overnight having no fame at all. So then I got pissed and sunk 3 ships and hit 6 towns and some one come along and took almost 2500 more off of me. I have less now than I did when I started yesterday. This is why so many new ones are quitting and not coming back. Something has to be done to protect the ones with less power from the almighty powerful ones who prey on us, otherwise you are gonna lose a whole lot more players who don't have the gumption and strength of mind or the perverseness just to stick around and quietly kick some butt, when and if they do get stronger. I have asked questions to get answers that I really needed here, but this is the first time I have actually griped. Boy do I feel better now. You can keep coming at me and getting me, but eventually I will upgrade and then watch out. I also think those free famesets being sent around to certain players should go to some of the weaker players, not the stronger ones. I would have loved to have gotten one. But alas, as soon as paypal lets me, I will be buying a fame reset or two just to protect my sorry lil' butt. Doesn't do any good, though, when you get hit 10 times in a row for 180 gold each time or more even having no fame. Something has to be done. I would hate to see this game sink, because of people losing patience or staying power. It is a great game, but there should be a way that a player could only be hit so many times, before something says, "you'r outta luck this one's been hit........so many times...theyare under the Captain's protection for ......say at least 1 hour. Oh well, at least I feel better griping.

"globell45@yahoo.com" is a NetIba certified email address. Certificate #2522043E. Please visit NetIBA at http://www.netiba.com/?82059

Post subject: Re: problems with fame
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:42 am 

Dude the free fame resets went to everyone with a valid email address in their profile.

Some folks spam filters killed em (I had to fish mine outa quarantine personally), but we all were sent them.

Your island hopping scenario, how many times were you attacked when you had no fame, over how many days/hours?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:00 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

Wow. sounds like you got a bunk farm! If i really work at it i can get that much in a night. Ya gotta switch things up a bit, farming the same spot over and over doesn't pay off cause the island value drops it seems. I know how you feel though... I'm not a lil weenie any more but i sure as heck cant hit back all too many. I had a similar case one time when i must have got hit at least 20 times overnight, only 3 of which failed. I lost alooooot of gold cause of it, and had to spend another night just getting back to were i was the night before and i never had any fame.

When i started there were over 1300 peeps, now its 600ish? It would be awesome if there were actually over a thousand active players, but Alas, the big guys are untouchable to anyone who hasn't been here from the start as they have. And it sucks the only thing it seems well ever be able to do is shut up and take it. Sadly many would rather just run people off and get there few k from the newbs than actually support more active members rather than suck them dry until they quit.

Hang in there....
It was suggested in chat before i think by myst to seacaptainN who said it would be a great idea to have 'Admin' implemented bots roaming about. They would hit islands and other players like anyone else but wouldn't quit after getting slammed every night for soo much gold. (of course there would need to be limitations) Now that i sit back and think about it.... that would actually be a prime idea along with Csstikers idea on fame. Not only would this take heat off the new guys... and me. That would give new guy chances to get a successful hit for once instead of 0 gold hits. :roll:

I would hate to see ya quit, and ive left you alone for the most part as i have with pretty much any newbs. Like you and im sure many others.. im sittin here with my fingers crossed waiting to see if something happens. I am aware that if something doesnt ive pretty much ran into a brick wall as its getting ever more impossible to hold my gold till an upgrade at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:15 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I had lots to say but it seems everyone else has said it already!

I know I've said this a thousand times, but I'm working on ideas (and considering / using ideas suggested here in the forums) to change the game and protect new players more without totally ruining things for everyone.

Sometimes the greatest of ideas can have really bad repercussions that make the game fun for some but not fun for others. I don't want that to happen, so I've been taking my time and being careful with major game changes that don't just have to deal with the interface (which I've been trying to fix since February! :lol:).

Sometimes I have to rush things out and they suck, but I would prefer not to have to do that! :-D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:18 pm 

overnight with no fame, I lost over 3000, which i think is too much for not having any fame at all. oh well, i checked my email every day and the junk email too and no fame reset. Probably got lost, but that wasn't really my point. My point was that I personally think that only so much gold should be allowed to be lost with in a certain time frame. If one were on the message board or chat and posted "hey dude, globell45 is at 112s-113E, I just got 187 off her and ten others went there I think that is cheating and not fair. I know it would be hard to figure out how to do it, but there has to be some way to protect the weaker ones. Just by island hopping I only earn 3000-5000 if I am lucky daily, to lose that in overnight is a tough blow to take. I'm stubborn, so I will probably last, but others will get very frustrated and quit, thinking it is too much not worth the effort. I'm only mentioning what I am mentioning, 'cause I read the forum every day, and I see what others complain about, joke about, etc. and this is a problem. I didn't mind 2 days ago when I lost 1500 overnight and no fame. Because I haven't got any fame for a while, until today when I got pissed and got up to 9 and lost almost 2500. (that was after already losing over 3k overnight) Small ones like me takes us almost a week or longer to get close to a 25k upgrade if we are trying to be careful and not get hit by avoiding fame if not longer. Like I said, I am waiting for a paypal payment to come through and when it does I will buy some moves and a fame reset or two, but even having no fame still doesn't help. What are ya gonna do? lol! Not much, just pray the Padre on the ship can pray us safely through the waters, heh? lol An hey Socorban, thanks, for the encouragement. I appreciate it. Actually a lot of your posts and a few others are what have been keeping me in this game. We need people to encourage others. So thanks again and to all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:37 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I have re-sent an email to you, globell45.

To everyone else, don't worry--the bonus codes can only be used once so if he or anyone else got the email twice they won't get two extra fame resets.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:11 pm 

thanks capn'..you didn't have to do that. I appreciate it, but like I said before, I was more concerned with the losing of the ole gold....lol!

"globell45@yahoo.com" is a NetIba certified email address. Certificate #2522043E. Please visit NetIBA at http://www.netiba.com/?82059

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:44 pm 

oppss did i do that :-)

globell45 Success 1956 Gained Sep 18 10:55:19

in my defense you where a moveing target, name of the game. Be seeing you on the high seas :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:41 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

well globell. Friendly advice from someone not much higher on the ladder than you. If ya do it right u can get much more then 5 or 6 k a night, i blew past those 25k upgrades in a night, maybe 2 if i got hit a lot. It all depends on how you do it and your technique to it. If you use your in game map, don't map random spots.. map clusters that you can hit. If you find yourself getting hit by the same peeps near those clusters erase them and move them cuz your probably in someones fishing hole. I figured that one out the hard way as i kept magically gettin hit by the same person running the same cluster so i erased it and moved it and low and behold that frequent hitter hasn't hit me that often anymore. :thumright:

ALso, the in game chat is a great tool most of the time, but can be dangerous cause it seems some peeps use it to fishy prospect :wink: but it seems more helpful than damaging in my opinion.. ive gotten alot of good idea from people on there. Sure they will jack your gold but they will help you get more (to jack later) as well. I help anyone i can though im no pro or veteran, however i am a fast learner and have devised a few scheming tactics to keep my hits lowwww as all you bad lil monkeys know who always hit me for crap hits yet i somehow continue to upgrade?!?! Hmmmmmm :twisted:

Figure the other people out, research when and who hits you and were. :study: Some people have time constraints and play on schedule. Some people are impossible to figure out though. I have prefferred times myself but have a random schedule which leads to random playing times. :batman:

Pop in chat one time, if i see ya i will PM you some tricks i learned and was shown to keep things in order. I still get nailed of course all the time but its more acceptable losses than most get. I wont divulge them in the forum for all the sharks to see, i may as well cut my fingers open and jump in the ocean for a swim. :eye:

Cya on the seas! :salut:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:48 pm 

Nimetz, I was talking about night attacks and several over a short period o time.....lol! Sooner or later, I'll be bigger and better......lol and then watch out! :lol: Probably later...lol :wink:
Also, Socorban, I will do that. I am on randomly because I never know when I will be able to play for long periods. Usually I like the mornings, but like today, I have been on and off for over six hours due to hectic schedule at home. Disabled hubby and all that jazz, plus my own disability (mental...ha, ha..lol) just kidding. And I am still not done. But thank you so much for being so nice. I appreciate it. Good luck to ye.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:54 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

Just fattening ya up :twisted: LOL, no im kiddin.. for now, id rather see people get big and we can exchange hits later than sap your gold now and drive ya off. Best wishes!