Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ad pages
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:58 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

This is more for the admins than anything. Is there a way to make the ads clicked on navigate to another tab or page? I remember when i was into the whole google ads and website speal you can set the ad to open in another window or the same window. Currently they all seem to open in the same window which kinda makes ads on the game page retarded as they pull you out of the game....

I coulda sworn i seen on a few "paid advertisers' that you could set this option. I honestly only click em and check the page out to help you, im not really interested in buying most of the crap but i would be more inclined to check out a few ads if they wouldnt divert me from here. Basically what im sayin is, if ya can make them open in a new window or tab i think it would be a prime idea to do so.

Best wishes! Great Job by the way so far!

Post subject: Re: ad pages
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:54 am 

It is a pain how it does that. Not sure if the browser you use does this also, but if you middle click the mouse then it opens it in a new tab.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:47 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

yea i know, but there is, or at least was a way to make them open in a new window from the ad itself. I can set on my browser if i want new "clicks" to open in a new window, and it works on most but not all of em. Its no big deal, im just tryin to help fatten the admins pockets and in turn make it easier for all of us to get a lower cashout. MOre money for the site... more money for the players right? :thumright:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:43 pm 
John the Fisherman

I wish more people knew that!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:04 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

LOL striker. Sadly it only benefits your pockets at the moment and the big fishies. I doubt i'll be hittin cashout for a bit but alas, its the point of it all, and one day i will be there. Hopefully this forum discussion will enlighten a few people that the ads are there for a reason and this site has to get money from somewhere as there are no member ship dues where do we think the money comes from for the prizes and cashouts?

SO ummmm do yourselves a favor and check out some of the ads now and then dangit!