Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: XXX (rum)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:42 pm 
John the Fisherman

We were talking about this in the chat, and we got some cool ideas on this...after all, what's a pirate without rum?!?!

Anyways, I thought this would be a cool idea for some of the smaller players wanting to hit the bigger players...

Make a new item, rum, and have it be available at some towns...when you get rum, you can purchase a certain amount...this amount will determine how much you can "move the scale" with your upgrades...

by move the scale, I mean this:

Say you want to attack someone...you can take down your defense and add to your offense..this will help you get through more players, but beware, as it will deduct from your defense, and leave you vulnerable...

And if you want to increase your defense, then you won't have much firepower, would ya?

This can last for a couple hours or so...

Or maybe observation can be brought into play???

Thoughts?

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re: XXX (rum)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:26 pm 

I find this interesting but even as a noob I see the potential for misusing this to figure out what another players exact levels are! For example, if I rum up my attack one level at a time and hit my intended target, eventually I will get through and then I will know what their level is, even if they upgrade!

It also has the potential for making some bigdogs even bigger and while this means nothing to a defenseless noob like me, a deft move at the right time could allow a bigdog to rape the other bigdogs before they knew what was happening and haul off to the upgrade store to become topdog!

Pirates and Rum go together, of this there is no doubt and we all know the intention of rum, aside from taking sailors minds off of hardships at sea, was to make pirates happy. So in this spirit, might I suggest that it be something we find randomly like pearls with a redeemable value. Find a cache of rum on an island or maybe you snatched a grog from a village you attacked!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:31 pm 
John the Fisherman

well, you can never REALLY know the levels of another player due to attacks, since when you get close and then you are 50/50, you can never really tell...

But I like the idea of being able to find rum...it would fit in so perfect with the feel of the game, haha

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:04 am 

OH gosh..you two are making me thirsty now! But it does seem like a good idea..