Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: game reset
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:22 pm 
John the Fisherman

I have often thought about how to make it so others will be able to cashout when others can't...

I think taking away an upgrade from one of the top players is insane...I imagine larry's next defense upgrade is easlily over a million, considering the fact that he cashes out for that much in the first place...

Maybe a good idea isn't to take away from the top, but to give to the bottom?

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:09 pm 

Yes thats a point, it wouldnt work. if you were to lose 1 attack and 1 def, then think how much gold cashing out would actually cost. If i lost them 2 it would cost me nearly 2 million plus what i had saved to cash out, it just wouldnt work!

Im convinced that if lag was sorted and there was a cafeful newbie protection then this site will grow. It would also mean everyone has a fair chance to run away from certain pirates!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:48 am 

Just reset the game every month so every month u have a chance to start with a new plan it doesn't matters how u played last time.

also if u r a big cannon person may be next month u r going to get most of the hits this will give everyone a chance to reach the top.

think about this everyone

EVERY MONTH A RESET ON 1st OF THE MONTH
so every month everyone starts from the same level
every month u will need a plan
every month a chance to reach the top

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:22 am 

A reset every month .......
You will lose more than half the players ...
think about it... they have worked hard to get where they are and good on them...
yes newbies should have some sort of help ..
EG 5 frame resets
but why reset and punish all those that have worked hard, spent time and money on the game

Someone has to be on top and good on them for putting in the time and money to get there....

this is just my point of view..

happy hunting all

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:02 am 

Yeah I am getting away from the idea of a game reset. There just needs to be some sort of help for the new players. I would like to see unlimited attacks enabled. Three a week just isn't enough. By Wed. I am just making moves that don't really get me any gold. New players need to have lower cost upgrades to help them reach a playable level. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:11 pm 

a reset every month is too extreme. A reset every 6 months to 1 year is not. I still like the thought that if you cash out for gold you lose something, it's the best idea that I have heard to even things up a bit. The pirate still gets gold and the next time maybe he's subject to attack. Let's face it, it's gonna be almost impossible for 99% of new players to catch the top pirates. the only way they can is if they become part of Larry's (or maybe a few others) fleet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:43 pm 

howabout this:

tilt the cashout price, or put it on an exponential function or something. that way it costs less gold for the newer players (like myself :mrgreen: ) with less upgrades to cashout and more for the 'big guns' to reach payday. kind of like how it costs less for an upgrade when you start out but as you buy more the cost starts to rise way out into space.

im sure that this will draw some critisizm from those who are close to, or regularly do, cashout for sums of money, but hey, atleast it will encourage nubs to continue on with the game.

now, the only flaw with my system is that it will be hard to compute just exactly how much each person's cashout ammout can be. If you can kind of take the idea of different maps for different level plays and take out the maps part (i.e. have different cashout groupings for different groups of players), then it might just make things a little easier.

anyways, thats my idea. i hope im flying high enough to excape the flak and enemy attack pilots.

EDIT: oiy, i was reffering to a different post when i said the thing about different seas. i meant to have different levels of cashout prices, where players with simmilar ammounts of upgrades will have the same price for cashout. I still think that everyone should play on the same map.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:49 am 
John the Fisherman

I had somewhat of an idea, so I thought I would pass it out there

the one thing that seems to happen to the smaller players more often than the larger players is getting hit big, with 50% taken

what if whenever you got hit for 50% gold, your next upgrade purchase was somewhat discounted?

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:49 pm 

I still say that we need a "Lloydd's of London". Some kind of maritime insurance for the beginners to the middle weight players. Buy a policy for 10 % but it is only good for say 200 moves.