Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: since no reset how about these ideas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:36 pm 

Have talked to a few pirates in the chat lounge and most (if not all) are against a reset. This is understandable because of the time they have put into the game and their ships would now be subject to attack by everyone. Some of the suggestions I think should be considered.
The first one that I like is that attacks could be limited to one attack every 72 hours. This would eliminate the 3 attacks per week rule although 3 attacks would still be possible in a 7 day period anyway. It mainly means that you don't have to worry about the same pirate tommorrow or the next day. Newbies would really benefit as would some of the middle weight pirates (myself included).
Number 2 on the list would be a suggestion I heard yesterday about being allowed to hide your gold on an island. It could still be plundered by another pirate if found. Not only that, but it could be found by a newbie in a dingy. Wow, imagine that! you are new and you find 20k in gold of another pirate that didn't want to see it stolen while he is out plundering with a high fame. My thoughts on this is that the gold on a hidden island be treated the same as if it where on a ship with a high fame. Someone could take half,
but limited to one search. That way they still only lose half their gold. They would have to leave the gold for at least 24 hours giving someone a chance to actually find it. They could retrieve it the next day if needed, or at least check to see if it has been plundered.
Number 3 was suggested I think by Nimizts and that would be that you might find bonds that go directly into your treasure chest. These I think should only be allowed to use for upgrades and not the end of the month cash out. If in the chest they of course cannot be stolen.
This is a great game but it still needs something. Some of the things tried in my humble opinion work well (still like the pearl idea), didn't care for the tavern it was open for abuse I think (even though I did ok with it so I'm not complaining).
I wish we could at least get a vote on some of the ideas if the administrators don't think it's too much to add new features. After all, they are the ones doing the work not us pirates.
Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: since no reset how about these ideas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:11 pm 

I personally think that buying gold doubloons and being able to put them in our treasure chest would be ideal. Say we go into town and find a gold dealer who deals in selling gold doubloons. His prices are say, 20K for 1 gold doubloon or 5 silver doubloons. The bought doubloons could only be used for fame resets, moves, etc That way if they are in the treasure chest they can't be plundered. It will then help some of the newbies with their fame resets, etc. Adding a little bit of hope to this game. It would be each players choice on whether they want to buy doubloons or try for cash out. Put a limit on how many doubloons could be bought a month, so that no one person or fleet could buy up too many of them. If done right, this could help everyone. Just a suggestion.

The island thingy is good too, but I would be too scared to leave my gold on an island. It is so easy to lose now....lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:13 pm 

Also, make the gold dealers stores, just like the assayers, where you have to hunt them down, until you find one open.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm 
John the Fisherman

to be honest, I love the first idea...the one attack from one pirate every 72 hours sounds a bit rough...

I'd say one every day and a half, because if you think about it, most of us are rarely on after half of the day..(if you need me to elaborate that more, I will)

I think I had a lot to say in the other thread that talked about hiding gold in islands...so just go there to see...I for one am somewhat against it, because it seems to me like the very very high guy(s) *cough larry cough* wouldn't need to use the chest since the defense of their ship is so high...but I would imagine the medium players getting hit bad with this, as they would often try to hide their stash and whatnot...

Also, I think that could be abused quite a bit...

Hows about this idea I just sprouted...

----------------------------------------

What if there are special upgrades that you can use to power your ship up? I'm talking a super upgrade, to up your attack or defense (your choice) You would find these in pearls, of course, since lagoons are so much fun anyways!

BUT, here's the catch: Make a cap on cashout...the most I've seen is around 100$, so cap it off at that...or maybe 80$

make it so that everytime you use one of these upgrade pearls, you would knock off 20$ of the month's cashout that you could possibly get...

In my mind, this is how it would work out for everyone:

If they can't cashout that much, then cashout would drop, and the newbies might be able to take a share of it, or get some silvers to help themselves out in the long run..

If you are going for upgrades and not cashout, then you don't need to care about losing 20$ for your possible cashout, since the gold will be used towards your upgrade anyways! So this will make the smaller guys use them more than the bigger greedy guys

whaddya think? I had more to it, but I'm lazy and want to see a discussion first, haha

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:44 pm 

I do like the idea of a special upgrade but would it be a perminate upgrade or just an upgrade that last say a day, week, or month? If it would be an upgrade that would say give you an upgrade of say 4 levels improvement for a short period that would allow someone to make attacks or defense they normally couldn't. I just think it should be a short period that it would last though. perhaps something found in a peral that can be put in the chest and used whenever the person needs it. If it's for a day then I think there should be no limit on how many can be found and a moderate amount of the pearls spread out over the map.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:50 pm 
John the Fisherman

yeah, it would be only temporary

maybe each upgrade pearl can have it's own set of levels...

4 levels for one day
3 levels for 2 days
2 levels for 3 days
1 level for 4 days

ya know?

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:34 am 

Love the Idea on an upgraded super pearl for short period of times..
sound fair for all :)

Last edited by Kwlkiwi on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:55 am 

sounds like a super idea to me too

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:32 pm 

I just think if the administration does something like this they should allow you to stack the prize pearls. In other words, if you have to attack pearls you can use them both one on top the other. So an attack increase of 4 could be stacked twice and give you an attack of an 8 increase. Let's face it. Even with an increase of 4 most pirates still can't attack some of the higher level pirates.
I also still think the idea of hidding your gold on an island should still be considered. Perhaps in order to hide it you will need a "pirates map" which could be found in a pearl. In order to find someone else's gold on an island you would also need a pirates map. You could have your choice of using it to hide your gold or find someone else's, but you will be limited to how many moves you can make in order to find someone's gold. There would still need to be a limit on how much gold can be taken off the island and it doesn't have to be half. The only problem I see with this idea is someone sharring their gold with another pirate in order to help them get an upgrade. It could be abused so I would think that no pirate should be allowed to find the same pirates gold more than say 1 time in 3 or 6 months.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:00 am 

I finaly can go on this forum (Thanks to SeaCap) and say anything about it ...
It seems a little bit complicated all of this ... so another suggestion ...
Playing a game ... is having FUN in that game ... not annoying !!!
*** Just LOWER the fame - lose GOLD rates :
p.e. THE MAXIMUM U CAN LOOSE in one time = 25% (and not 50).
Eventualy like this :
0 fame = 0,5% / 1-2 fame = 1% / 3-4 fame = 2% / 5-6 fame = 3% / 7-8 fame = 4% / 9-10 fame = 5% etc... (max. 49-50 fame = 25% loose) .
(And eventualy HIGHER THEN 100 FAME = 50% LOSE !!!)
This is more FAIR to play and give more FUN for all the players, and also a kind of more protection for the new players !
*** Lower the looses in a storm : give storm different kinds, 1/2/3/4/5 moves losing, no more ! This also gives more fun to the players !
*** Give the new players e different collor (Yellow or orange U see the best) to protect them, maybe for 2/3/4 weeks not possible to hit by the players that are more then a month in hte game... Just a couple ideas for giving more FUN and FAIR play to all of us, and special for the new ones !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:16 am 

And something about FLEETS :
*** When U like to play with fleets ... do it in a separately game or when u play it in the same game , DON'T ALLOW TO ATTACK SINGLE PLAYERS !!! or U will loose them all sooner or later !!!
Let fleets battle against fleets and give them NOT the possibility to attack the single players in that same game !!!
So everybody can play like they want it, and U will keep the single player in the game to spend his time and money in it and enjoy the game together :!:
*** [url]say it like it is right now please :[/url] The most single players are quit the game because of the (forbidden ?!?) fleets that are active right now ... because they don't like to spend anymore time and money ONLY for the big ones (that allready play in fleets) right now :!:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:39 am 

I agree with both of your post. Lower the fame has already been suggested though and shot down. The reason if I remember correctly was that it already takes so much gold to cash out. That reason is flawed however and should be looked at seriously. The reason it is flawed is that it doesn't take any gold out of the game it just gives it to higher level pirates and so it still takes just as much gold to cash out. I think lowering the fame is the best idea to help new pirates and even middle level ones.
The idea about giving the first month pirates is also a good one. It will give them time to play and map without being bothered by the rest of us. Sometimes I don't relize I am attacking a new player and would leave them alone. After all there isn't much point in me attacking someone that is only going to produce a few gold and that wouldn't do anything but up my fame.
The thing about fleets though is that it is allowed from what I can tell. Not being part of a fleet is a hadicap for me but that is how I have learned to play.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:24 am 

Instead of limiting even more the number of times a week you can hit a single player, which basically only limits the number of overall attacks to how many players you can find, why not limit the number of attacks per day. If people had, say 25 total ship to ship attacks per day, they would be more tempted to not waste those attacks on hitting the lowbies because the would be wasting an attack on someone with little return. You could then allow one hit per 'victim' per day instead of 3 per week balancing the gameplay a little more throughout the week.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 am 
John the Fisherman

then that would kinda halt the sinking ships...it would cause less attacks, and it would be kinda boring if you had to do that with your attacks

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:46 am 

That wasn't a bad suggestion kate, but I have to agree with striker on that one. I still think that it would be better to limit the attack on one player to once every 72 hours. Though some think that 36 or 48 hours would be better. However I think there should still be no more than 2 or 3 attacks a week (I think 2 is better but what do I know).