It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

:) or :( ??.
:) 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
:( 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: USB pirate zapper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:50 am 

Not sure where something like this could be brought and how hard it would be getting the game to work it. Also I have a feeling the newer players may not think much of the idea. Just with all the new things you can buy and plug in the USB port (Fans, lights, battery chargers, etc.) I was thinking it would be cool if each player could buy from this site a device they put on their finger and plug into a USB port on their computer (For it to be controlled and powered.). Then each time they play PTW and get a succesful attack on them, they will get a buzz in which the bigger % of their gold they lose in the attack, the bigger the shock. I think it would be a good step towards making the game a bit more real. And think how cool it would be when a player hits you when you have no fame and so you only get a small tingle like a fly landed on you, so you hit back taking half their gold meaning you not only get their gold but know their hair is standing on end, :lol: .

I've even come up with a good tag line for it:
"Play the game and lower the fame or feel the pain.".

P.s:
At first I thought I would post this thread as a joke, but now I've read it myself and thought about it more I really do think it would be a fun new idea. I mean even at full power I really doubt 5V could have someone in deep pain let alone dead. And the device could check for body heat as proof it's plugged in and on the finger, so that people not using it couldn't play (Or at least no one they attacked would get a shock.). I would make it myself but I wouldn't know how to make the data side of the USB connection work, along with the fact that I'm hopeless at soldering.

Post subject: Re: USB pirate zapper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:38 pm 

lol

5v would hurt like hell. ive accidentally been shocked by a disposible camera ( :lol: ) which was 1.5 volts and it had my finger tingling for a week :cheese: ! as long as it has low amperage, its not likely to do much damage, just the more volts, the more pain.

this would make the game more interesting, but in my opinion it has to be optional. what if instead you could wear the pirate shocker so that you would be shocked instead of gold being taken from your ship? but that has potential for abuse. or, idk.

anyways, i like it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:46 pm 
the evil pirate

moloch4 wrote:
lol

5v would hurt like hell. ive accidentally been shocked by a disposible camera ( :lol: ) which was 1.5 volts and it had my finger tingling for a week :cheese: !

1.5 volts , that's only a tickler lol , back in my partying days we use to ground ourselves between the outlet and the refrigerator drawing a constant 120 volts lol . good thing we were drunk on beer gongs lol

back in college we use to charge up capacitors with 60 volts and leave them on peoples chairs...now that hurts!!

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:56 pm 

[size=150]LOL!
THAT WILL SURELY MAKE THE GAME A [b]BLAST!
THE POSSIBILITY FOR LAWSUITS IN LITIGATION INSANE SOCIETY WOULD BE ASTRO
I LIKE YOUR THINKIN THOUGH
AND TO ALL MY FRIENDS ON MY INBOUND
Quote:

YOUR IN FOR A SHOCK