Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Should something be done soon to stop pirates from being hit by fleets?
Yes, we need some kind of protection before it gets out of hand. 43%  43%  [ 12 ]
No, It's just fine the way it is. 57%  57%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Re: Tired of getting hit by fleets???
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:11 pm 
the evil pirate

PTW is a lot like poker too

when you make a bet in poker you must be prepared to accept it as a loss, if you bet half your chips (like 50 fame) then it means you are ready to make a lot of chips (gold) or lose half when another player has a better hand (higher attack level).

thankfully there isn't an "all in" feature or I would of lost 1 million gold that night lol.

thanks smokey...i do miss all that gold you use to share

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:33 pm 

Well I waited a while to make this post. I wish that all of the top players would stop complaining at the little guys. Come on you have been playing this game longer than the rest of us. You have no need to complain about anything. I have looked at the prize logs. It is damn near impossible for a new player to get any where in this game. First, if the big guys are getting the cash outs in silver that can add up to a lot of extra moves and fame resets. That in turn will enable you to keep hitting the little guys. Now compound this by the fact that at least half of the big guys belong to fleets, what do you end up with. A game that has little to offer a new player. So, keep the fleets and see what happens. I know I am getting tired of hitting ships that have no gold because the owners of the ships stopped playing. That makes for a long and boring game or a game that requires me to run around the board with high fame trying to get lucky and hit someone with gold and fame.

P.S. I love getting hit so come get some. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:22 pm 

I would if I could but I fail everytime :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:50 am 

Sorry for that, keep playing and keep attacking. That is the best advice I can give you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:01 pm 

thanx pirates,
It's interesting to read all of your views on this subject. It seems to me that the only way to advance in this game, without joining a gang, would be to take a lot of time to just sit and wait for a farmer to sail by. That way you can steal some good loot without having a high fame. And still have a realistic challenge of catching up to the higher players. The ways it is setup right now, I can not see how I will make it any higher playing one to two hours a day.

I've also noticed, by looking at the forum history, that the players who don't have a problem with fleets have been playing PTW a long time. I'd like to know how it was when you were rookies. Did you get fleeced by fleets at all. Can you let us know some of your stories back then (anything related to fleets when you had your upgrades anywhere between 30K & 60K)?

Quote:
I wish that all of the top players would stop complaining at the little guys. Come on you have been playing this game longer than the rest of us. You have no need to complain about anything. I have looked at the prize logs. It is damn near impossible for a new player to get any where in this game. First, if the big guys are getting the cash outs in silver that can add up to a lot of extra moves and fame resets. That in turn will enable you to keep hitting the little guys. Now compound this by the fact that at least half of the big guys belong to fleets, what do you end up with. A game that has little to offer a new player. So, keep the fleets and see what happens. I know I am getting tired of hitting ships that have no gold because the owners of the ships stopped playing. That makes for a long and boring game or a game that requires me to run around the board with high fame trying to get lucky and hit someone with gold and fame.
I really like the way you put it in words XTK. It makes a lot of sense.

Quote:

when you make a bet in poker you must be prepared to accept it as a loss, if you bet half your chips (like 50 fame) then it means you are ready to make a lot of chips (gold) or lose half when another player has a better hand (higher attack level).
I agree but this has nothing to do with fleets. If I'm at a fame of 50 and I get hit and lose 50%, what are the odds that I will get hit again within the next minute for 49%, they are slim.
Now imagine getting hit 4 times in a row within 4 minutes. Even at a fame of 11 you lose 40% of your gold. And running won't work either since their radar has twice the scope of our boats. What's it gonna be like for the new player when there are more people joining fleets?
And besides at poker you have no one telling you whether your opponent has a bad hand or not. You have to guess and take a chance. That's what I like about PTW, I have to guess and risk not getting any gold and raising my fame. I don't have someone hand it to me on a silver plater.

Quote:
Most gold Lost: popcan - 504673

and you guys whine about fleets.....sheesh , i lose 5-50k a day from inbound attacks. we all lose gold on a daily basis because of the way the attack/defense upgrades are set up.
you forgot to mention how much gold you end up with at the end of the month. :tongue:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:49 am 

popcan wrote:

thankfully there isn't an "all in" feature or I would of lost 1 million gold that night lol.

thanks smokey...i do miss all that gold you use to share

In Poker you can't see other 'allied' players hands.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:33 pm 

So :!:
Are we playing poker here of PTW :?:

Anyways, I knew that by changing strategies I would be able to get somewhere but I thought it would take a hell of a long time to get another upgrade. well, I was wrong about the time. I changed strategies once again and now I'm getting enough gold with a lot less fame. And I'm still only playing 1 to 2 hours a day. :D The game is getting interesting once again. That is until I have to look for another strategy again.

I still don't think that fleets are right though.... I keep pondering my mind :scratch: :shaking: on how I can eventually rock those boats. :tongue:

Funny thing is, when I got up to 40 000 gold for the first time, I started getting a lot more hit while I wasn't playing... Kinda wonder if I was at the wrong place and time or if my coordinates were posted somewhere as a hit yielding over 400 gold. Maybe I'm just going paranoid. :shock:
Happy Pirating :pirat:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:00 pm 

Hey, you do not know about that special radar that tells pirates when a player has lots of gold. It is on my game screen. Just kidding...
Way to go, glad to see that you are sticking with it. Do not worry about the hits they keep coming. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:08 pm 
John the Fisherman

Ah

I remember who made me change my ways of play...

I used to be set on cruising around in my dingy, then tazomatic changed that idea when I couldnt run away, haha

Then I started fishing when I was stuck on an upgrade, then along comes ice to help me reach it!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:49 am 

[quote][/quote]

Last edited by JacksPirate on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 am 

etarip :
Quote:
Are we playing poker here of PTW! I changed strategies once again and now I'm getting enough gold with a lot less fame. And I'm still only playing 1 to 2 hours a day. The game is getting interesting once again. That is until I have to look for another strategy again.
I still don't think that fleets are right though....

Glad to hear that U stay in the game and can enjoy it again, congrats for the courage U show !
U're right : In a poker-game there are no 'alliances' or 'fleets'... when they play it fair !!!
And yes, changing strategy is allways a good thing... Do it more than once, it will help U in the sea-battle :lol:
It is also the truth that when U have more gold on board... some pirates can't be silent... and feel the need to tell others...
Good luck !

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:15 pm 

fine play as fleets, i think it stinks and is cheating, here are two sets:

ratpatrol Success May xx 07:42:50
larryx6 Success May xx 07:42:17

goldpirate Success May xx 07:14:31
Dwazzy Success May xx 07:10:59

keep posting this kind of stuff and everyone will know who and when they are online, if you know you can beat them then it must be a good time to attach!!!!

this is proof that the fame reset is needed to be fair to all players, and more powerful pirates should get a lot more fame for attacking weaker ships.

Ronbo Son of Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:38 pm 

LMAO Just because two ships hit you several seconds apart or minutes apart does not mean they are in a fleet. It simply means that they are traveling the same direction at almost the same time. Besides it is a game and a game of chance at that. If you travel around with fame (and when I was a newbie I did, and alot of it too, just ask some of the older players, lol) you are taking a chance on getting hit for some major gold. I was a newbie at one time and I haven't done to bad. It is a challenge to see just how far I can go in the game. Now I am not saying that there isn't fleets, what I am saying is that there has always been fleets as long as I can remember and I am not doing to bad. Oh I get hit, and hit quite often, but I am not going to quit. And I hope you don't either ronbosk.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:46 pm 
the evil pirate

ron

by posting your playing time I have a feeling that there will be a whole bunch of pirates looking for you between 7-8am.

looks like i may have to play a little PTW before i go to work lol :twisted:

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 am 

Pops--- you're like Scarface without the sense of style.