Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Should something be done soon to stop pirates from being hit by fleets?
Yes, we need some kind of protection before it gets out of hand. 43%  43%  [ 12 ]
No, It's just fine the way it is. 57%  57%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Tired of getting hit by fleets???
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:26 am 

I'm wondering how many people are tired of losing there gold to a fleets, and want something done about it.
Perhaps the Captain would be more inclined to do something sooner about it, if this poll shows a majority in favor for a change.
And a vote from all the suggestions(or a select few that are more plausible) that were put in could decide the change to be made. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Post subject: Re: Tired of getting hit by fleets???
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:06 am 

I voted for it to be left as is. Same reasons as paragraph 3 of my post viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2390&p=23915#p23915 .

To me the real question is:
Is team work a bad thing??. Look all around you and ask yourself if it was all made by 1 person (Note the word person as in a human.).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:59 am 

etarip wrote:
I'm wondering how many people are tired of losing there gold to a fleets, and want something done about it.
Perhaps the Captain would be more inclined to do something sooner about it, if this poll shows a majority in favor for a change.
And a vote from all the suggestions(or a select few that are more plausible) that were put in could decide the change to be made. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

YES of course the most of the normale and fair SINGLE players are tired to play against fleets !!!
(and please don't hide after "teamwork" when u set "traps" for mostly new single players, to set the ships/radars so that U can see a greater sea together, to give the coordinates on others when u know someone with fame, to follow them till they are hit several times... etc...
most of them don't know what is going on after their back... and when they realise what's going on... they quit... THATS THE RESULT OF PLAY WITH FLEETS like it is now...
REAL TEAMWORK is about something else... and i can tell u that i work together with people years and years in REAL GOOD WORKING TEAMS !!!

The prob in a vote like this is that the most of them will never read this and have already quit the game for it... so they can not vote anymore...

When U like to play with fleets, that's ok for me, but do it in a separate game please... !!! And tell every new player "before he is starting the game" that she/he has to make a choise : to play single or in fleets... !!!

The suggestion stay's ; Let FLEETS PLAY AGAINST FLEETS and SINGLE PLAYERS AGAINST SINGLE PLAYERS... thats the only really fair way to do it, and gives all players the opportunity to choose and play in the party they like the most...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:44 pm 

I m not sure about Thes fleets you are mentioning do they have Names> I would like to have a submarine as a option Then we could really sink ships. :lol: Have fun interesting concept but i having an armada better........TheFred.......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:03 pm 

Darkmyst once again takes off his magic black hat. This time he puts in 2 rabbits but pulls out 3. Into the mic he says "Not everything is as it seems.". The crowd claps and goes wild. :) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:52 pm 

Quote:
Same reasons as paragraph 3 of my post viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2390&p=23915#p23915

This is what I think of this super fleet and where it's going to lead...
http://forum.piratetheworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=24097#p24097

Anyways... I used to enjoy this game, now it's kinda boring... I guess it's time for a break.
:geek: happy pirating guys and gals.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:27 am 
John the Fisherman

I vote that there needs to be something change...

I think that if fleets are made an active part of the game, that it will give the smaller players a chance to team up and make things work for them...it will also increase morale amongst them to get further as well

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:49 am 

CSStriker wrote:
I vote that there needs to be something change...

I think that if fleets are made an active part of the game, that it will give the smaller players a chance to team up and make things work for them...it will also increase morale amongst them to get further as well

... and... where shall thay take the money... WHEN THERE ARE NO SINGLE PLAYERS LEFT... because of all that fleets ??? ... right... from the other fleet players... !

being logic = "Fleets agaisnt fleets !!! and Single against single player !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:21 am 

Quote:

I think that fleets Being an active part of the game would be a good Idea but I believe that the total of 509 players would not be enough to make it worth while at the moment...

Quote:
being logic = "Fleets agaisnt fleets !!! and Single against single player !!!

I like the Idea of having a choice... we would still need some kind of protection though, fleet or not, cause' the temptation of having a secret fleet will always be there. :colors:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:32 am 

etarip wrote:
Quote:
being logic = "Fleets against fleets !!! and Single against single player !!!

I like the Idea of having a choice... we would still need some kind of protection though, fleet or not, cause' the temptation of having a secret fleet will always be there. :colors:

Not when the system is so build that fleets-members CAN NOT attack single players (and visa-versa)...
And about the "secret-hidden fleets"... they can easely cought when the players & admin working together and loocks at the attack-logs !!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:55 pm 

Yes there are many great options to give equal opportunity to the newer pirates. I would definitely like to see some of them implemented.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:43 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

Dark Myst summed it up eloquently with this comment.

"Play the game and lower the fame or feel the pain."

I know everyone will come down on me as being part of a fleet, but as I worked my way up the ranks, I recorded the most inbound hits against a single pirate as evidenced by by the records in prizes and awards for the one month that an award was given for the dubious honor of being the most attacked pirate.

Everyone pays the same ticket for high fame. Some people accept the style of play based on the reward/risk of gathering high fame. You accumulate gold quickly with high fame and can lose it quickly. I would love to go bash everyone on a run and fear not the wrath of multiple attacks for high fame. I could gather twice as much gold as I do now if I wanted to risk a loss due to high fame. Soo, if you can't absorb a large loss, then you should keep your fame lower.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:39 am 

ptrdanno wrote:
I know everyone will come down on me as being part of a fleet, but as I worked my way up the ranks, I recorded the most inbound hits against a single pirate as evidenced by by the records in prizes and awards for the one month that an award was given for the dubious honor of being the most attacked pirate.

The award has been handed out more than once. I know I have felt the pain of being attacked, and still do daily for tons of gold.

June Cashout Eligibles and other prizes. 620 GD and 505 SD

Attacked Most - 548, larryx6 (Honorable Mention - 490, Nimitz)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 pm 
the evil pirate

Most gold Lost: popcan - 504673

and you guys whine about fleets.....sheesh , i lose 5-50k a day from inbound attacks. we all lose gold on a daily basis because of the way the attack/defense upgrades are set up.

instead of complaining about fleets pirates should learn to adapt and change their strategy , this is a strategy game and what makes strategy games so good is the need to adapt . the toughest part of this strategy game is being stuck at the mid level because high fame works very well at lower levels but is usually a disaster when going for upgrades above 100k.

it's like playing the board game RISK if a player goes for Australia every time he plays then others will adapt their game play wiping out his advantage/strategy forcing him to try a different strategy.

im a huge RISK fan which is where i developed many of my PTW stategies from, even Risk has a strategy using allies.

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:48 pm 

clap clap well said popcan
you were the one that made me change my way of play
and for that i thank you