Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possibility of burrying gold on islands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:59 am 

When you search an island you get following message:

You found a hidden treasure chest, you are able to hide up to x% of your gold, do you want to do this?

[yes] [no]

if yes, you get following question:

How much do you want to put in this chest?

........ of (max gold) (write down the amount of gold on the blanks)

When you do this you get a 'map' in your treasure chest with the amount of gold and the coordinates of that island
When your fame goes beyond 50, other pirates can steal those maps, 1% chance at 51, 2% at 52, etc.

Post subject: Re: Possibility of burrying gold on islands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:56 am 

Before you posted this - what did you think of some of the discussions of burying on islands in the forum earlier? I thought there were some interesting points made--

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:49 am 

Well the thing is, I have searched a little on the forums but didn't see this subject on the main pages, so if there was a discussion about it, I missed it.

If it is not on the main pages it must have been several months ago that this discussion took place and it couldn't hurt making the discussion active again ;)

Maybe it couldn't hurt either to explain my suggestion further.

It could be that people think I want it on every island, that is not the case.

There are over 160,000 different coordinates, around half of them are oceans, that leaves 80,000, probably a little over 1/3 of those are islands, that leaves around 30,000 islands.

So what I am thinking about is that every half hour 1 island is set as a randomly hidden treasure island. If that island is not hit within 6 hours, the island will reset to normal. Something like that or lets say 1/500 chance that the island you hit holds a hidden treasure chest.

If the treasure chest is not collected back within a certain time, lets say 3 days, the treasure will be exposed to others hitting the island. So the islands can't be used as a long term storage system.

This means, if every hidden treasure island is found and occupied, a maximum of 144 islands will be used as 'storage', that is less than 1/2% of the total amount of islands. In case of a 1/500 chance, development could maximize the amount of islands which have an occupied treasure chest.

Of course if this % is too high or too low it can easily be adjusted to the likes of the development team by increasing or decreasing the timeperiod between the addings of a new selected island ;)

Maybe it is also a nice addition to be able to sell your 'treasure map' in town, for lets say 75% of the value it represents.

Having a treasure map therefor has adventages and disadventages, you can secure a certain percentage of the gold you are carrying, but in the same time you have to be careful about your fame level and the distance you travel.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:09 am 

Note: I didn't disparage you for starting the conversation up again, I wanted to know what your comments were regarding what has already been discussed -- maybe differentiate what makes your suggestion different, rather than just a rehash. Or for that matter, what you have to say about the possible cons of said suggestion, some of which are in this same forum.

Now, however, a little irritated, I did literally 5 minutes of searching to find what you couldn't, with a few terms and found several comments--and I linked just a few of them.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2357&p=23574&hilit=hide+island#p23574

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2390&p=23877&hilit=bury+gold#p23877

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2357&p=23577&hilit=hide+gold#p23577

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=131&hilit=hide+gold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:54 am 

I am sorry I have irritated you, that was never my intention, I also see what the problem is, I searched only for 'burry' instead of 'bury' and I never thought to look for words as 'hide'. Sorry about that, it is due to the lack of my english language knowledge ;)

Anyway, thanks for showing my the typo I made and the efford you took to show me the posts you were talking about earlier. to make my findings on them short.

No overnight hidings: Either that or a very limited amount of days.

Lagoons: Might be even better than an island, since lagoons barely contain anything, they get more interested for the game.

Getting stolen or found: As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I would prefer it to be really hidden for 3 days and a possibility of your map to be stolen when attacked with high fame level. Maybe every day your treasure gets exposed a little more, lets say 10% each day.

Newbie finding 20k in a treasure chest: Of course this is a possibility, maybe hull can be helpfull here, each level has a certain maximum weight capacity (i.e. x amount of gold). On other hand, why can't newbies have a nice day, if you don't want them to find 20k, maybe you should not bury that much ;)

Fleets: Personally I am not so fond of fleets, that does not mean however I am against the possibility for fleets to have a 'fleet-lagoon'. This could give some nice addition to the game, at least 1 ship of the fleet has to defend the lagoon for others to attack. Off topic, but I think that if there are fleets, it should be shown somehow that a ship is connected to a fleet.

The biggest difference I see in the arguments in the posts you linked to and my suggestion is the amount of islands or lagoons this hiding/burying is possible. In my opinion it should be something you find only once a day on a lucky day or if very lucky twice a day. Certainly not all your gold could be hidden/buried, but just a percentage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm 
the evil pirate

here is the original suggestion thread

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1264

keep up the good post gussie !

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:56 am 

fabulous imo gustavo kudos from pop is something, thought i'd find a teeshirt first :shock:
exa lent tay tiqvah you've helped me and i thank you :D
robo chat sounds sound indeed
as someone who's really new
to gaming,computers,chat and forums i'm learnin all the time see :? .i appoligize if my ignorance has over taxed my fellow pirates. thank goodness i can still read and write. i took a pretty good beatin the week before christmas with a mugging and it seems what small measure of mental capacities i had left are perhaps gone for good.who knows see. i remember complaining to my mother having to walk to school when i used to see others getting rides in cars see. that was until my friend was crippled in a car accident and then i got the oppertunity to push him in his chair to school. sure there are rewards for all we do and the trick is not to really exspect or try to know what it's gonna be. otherwise i might miss the true meanin and beauty of it all. so as long as i can still walk and chew gum at the same time i guess i'll be ok see.lol now i know i'll find out who i pissed off with this little diddy soon enough aye.lol i was only kidding see. i'm fine really i was trying to trick some pirates into feelin sorry for me and maybe get an upgrade or 2 before lettin everybody in on it but i thought again on it and needed to come clean right away ok :P . hey lets all try to have some fun ok :P