Add a ships sunk category to our stats page

that would be coooool

8)

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re: Ships Sunk
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:54 am 

What would be really cool, is eliminate the Fame penalty, when there's no gold gained! I'll take fame for even 1 GP, but if it were dropped when there's no gold, we would see a lot more sinkers, and rid this game of the dead wood.

You'll see the number of sinkers go way up for awhile, and then we'd only see active players. Win - win, I'd say. How about it Cap? -Chuck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:52 pm 

Chuckles_the_Pirate wrote:
What would be really cool, is eliminate the Fame penalty, when there's no gold gained! I'll take fame for even 1 GP, but if it were dropped when there's no gold, we would see a lot more sinkers, and rid this game of the dead wood.

You'll see the number of sinkers go way up for awhile, and then we'd only see active players. Win - win, I'd say. How about it Cap? -Chuck

no way,really, come on
then the middle and lower ranked would be getting even less oppertunities for a sink then what's available due to lesser risk of fame carrying to the higher ranked. how many advantages does a higher radar and ship graded player such as your self really want or need to keep and maintain the status quo?
want more fish in the sea then support your newies with something a little more tangible chuck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:29 am 

Actually Chuck - I think it's a great idea - for newbies as well. Sinking ships can make a huge difference to upgrading when upgrades are less expensive and if this can encourage newbies to sink a few then I think it's great. I know when I was smaller than now, have a little plunder and sinking a couple of ships made a big difference to me, but I wasn't likely to do it often because of the fame risk. I think 0 fame increase for 0 gold pieces is a great suggestion.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:10 am 

Thanks Jerry! I didn't think I'd ever be called one of the higher graded players. I guess a whole year spent on this game, trying to play everyday, and a few hundred dollars, can actually get you somewhere. All in all, I'd say it was a bargain, a whole years worth of entertainment for about a dollar a day! Way cheaper than pinball and asteroids, but I'm showing my age with that statement.

Keep at it kids, it don't get much better than this! -Chuckles

-Maybe not the hardest working pirate, but I'm having the most fun. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:07 pm 
John the Fisherman

if the 5k gold isn't enough encouragement for a noob to smack a sinker, then I dont know what is...

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:38 pm 

yeah who's saying a newbies shouldn't ,not me,it's the only way to go as a newbie, what i'm saying is if you take away the fame risk factor then the players with the greater radar and space per move advantage will gobble up all the potential sinkers leaving less available to the newbie.that's what i'm talkin about.yes and congratulations major chuckles this is ground controll you've really made the grade.sure you talkin about 2 games of pinball 5 balls per game for a dime right,and who says your havin more fun than me i'll meet them in the school yard see!and we'll shoot marbles to determine who's havin the most fun see.nana nana na lol