Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: just an idea
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:00 am 

To keep the same people from cashing out all the time and to give everyone a chance to cash out could we do this? And that is to have a gold redemption cash out coin to be found in pearls. Only one redemption coin can be carried at a time. Also, you would have to use it within 6 months of finding it. That way everyone would have a fair chance of cashing out for money. The silver could stay the way it is, for resets and moves. And after you cash out, all your levels would be reduced by 1/3. That way everyone would stay on a level playing field. Or you could control your playing field a little better. Cash out amount would vary according to your attack and defence. Say, from a combination of 0 to 8 attack and defense would have to have a min of 5000 to be able to cash out. And a combination of 9 - 16 would have to have a min of 20,000 etc right up the line. The cash amount would be divided between the number of pirates cashing out. That would be at the admins discretion as to the total amount to award players. Depending on the income of the game itself for any one month. It would also be the higher the level the higher the amount the pirate would receive. If you cash out for the silver your levels would stay the same because it would be putting the money back into the game. Cash out would still be the same day as it is now, but you would have to turn your coin into the admins for approval for the cash out.

Post subject: Re: just an idea
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:00 am 

I like that idea, it's sounds fair and might encourage the people who are or considering leaving, like myself, to stay in the game and play. It should also make it more interesting working out strategies instead of just hitting whatever moves or farming.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:49 am 

Actually Soul, I think it would still be farming and hitting whatever moves if you want the larger scores no matter how cashout was changed. You'd need a resurgence of the Treasure Hunts, or possibly some form of Missions, Scavenger Hunts, etc to make things more interesting. Personally I loved Outwit as one enhancement of the game--- I'd love to see that come back as that was a giggle and a half.

For me it would depend on the rarity of the pearl, meaning how many per month would be discoverable. One of the reasons I pretty much left E3k was the difficulty of getting one cashout card unless you paid $70 into the game--- (thus meaning you needed a whole lot of mars dollars to ever make one cashout worth it-- and each one after that was the same level of difficulty.) So if there was say 5 or so (at least) out there each month to grab it might be worthwhile. If its as rare as a prize pearl is now, well--- I might have to rethink going back to E3k.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 am 

I don't like the idea of upgrades getting cut back, as the cost does that anyway.

Rather than the cashout pearl having to be found, what if all active players were put in a hat so to speak, and each month a different set of players were picked out??. That would mean no player could cashout 2 months in a row, but everyone could have a chance to cashout as the cashout rate would be found by how much gold that set of players has rather than how much gold everyone has. Sorry about stealing the thread with a new idea, is just it's based on your idea and I hadn't thought of it before reading this thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:17 am 

Thats ok dm, that would probally work better than the coin idea anyway. lol

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:31 am 

I could go for that--- though there would need to be a prequalifier as those folks who's names were in the hat would be active players who had played at least 15 days that month.

When would the names go back in? After the next month, or until all other players had been drawn?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:45 am 

Yip would need to make it something like 15 days first, hadn't thought of that. The names of people who had cashout month coming would also have to have some way of knowing, though if they were posted then they would be targets. Players who had played 15 days or more would be put in the set of names to be picked, but not until players who had been in longer had had their chance. Once all players in the main set have had a chance, all the names would start getting picked again but not in the same order as last time. It would be random meaning some people might get 2 months of cashout in a row, but the chances of that happening are slim.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:50 pm 

dont mind me..another blonde moment
:-(