Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2 more ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:27 am 

1) Each new player that joins the game and plays all their moves daily for a full week gets a 1 week banner ad, either within the game or on the home page. This offer wouldn't apply to current players and no player could use the offer more than once. There could also be an on going offer like this for players who the 1st part doesn't apply, but it would have a longer playing requirement, e.g 1 month of playing for each 1 week ad. This idea would mean admin having to put up and remove each ad by hand, but wouldn't cost the game anything other than the fact that it normally costs to put up an ad. I guess the main point to the idea is to show people how the ad system works while giving them another reason to stay and play the game (Most current players including me are here to stay anyway, but I know quite a few new players make an account and then quit before even getting to know the game or the other players.). Also there's the fact that not many people seem to be buying ads on the site lately, which this idea could help change.

2) Rather than making a move and the game saying there is another ship in the way. Maybe it could move using a different ship level, and then switch back to the ship level you were using. I'm still unsure if it should move on a higher or lower ship though, but the point being that you wouldn't need to change ships for that purpose because the game would do it for you. It could also have a loop for if there is more than 1 ship is in the way. E.g You're on a 20 space ship and normally you'd bump into a ship that was off your radar, but this would sense the crash and change to a 1 space ship, move in that direction, and then change back to the 20 ship so that your next move would land you right next to the ship you would have bumped into. If however there was a ship 20 spaces away and another ship 1 space away, then it would sense that and change to a 2 space ship before moving. It should at least help with running away when you're being chased.

Post subject: Re: 2 more ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 am 

The problem with idea #2 would only affect a farmer like myself (of rare occasions) but it will happen. There are times when I farm and have to move 15 or 20 spaces to keep from losing moves and I will bump into another pirate. This at least keeps me where I am without any confusions to me as to where I am on the map. If on the other hand it changed to a 1 move first and I don't catch it I will be off by one space when I do move. So if something like this is in effect there would have to be an "on/off" switch. Just my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:07 pm 

I think it would be helpful if when u bump into another pirate it would bump that pirate over 1 space.This would be especially helpful for those who are sitting on islands you have mapped but never move.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 am 

I really like that idea! Seems to me that alot of pirates are stopping on my towns and islands :( .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:21 am 

Yip I also like the idea of it pushing the other ship out the way. And it would also save that new problem of losing where you're up to on the map. I was thinking more about the pushing idea, and was wondering about if there was another ship in the way of where it would be pushed. As a fix I was thinking it would take 1 move away from you, but only the last ship would get bumped forwards, like happens in real life if you have a row of balls hanging from string and swing the ball at the start of the line.
Using the ship moving idea it could be fun to use some moves to make a wall of inactive players to help slow down the fish. Or maybe if block in active players, :lol: .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:22 am 

But wouldnt bumping another pirate over sort of make them lose track of which space on their own map they are on? especially if they get bumped two or three times?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 am 

Maybe, but then that's where the in-game map can be useful, because you can mark where you were, or mark how to get to the map etc. Though there could be a limit on how many times a ship can be bumped, or it could cost more moves.