Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Point/Upgrades
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:11 pm 

Ok I have reached a point where upgrades are costing more than I can accumulate in any given day

What about the possibility of being able to use a certain percentage....say 50% maybe....to downpay on upgrades. Make it at the end of your session when you run out of moves. So the option would only be able 1x per day.

The way things stand right now. You save up 7,000 pts toward an upgrade and come back the next day and find out because your fame was too high you were robbed blind, and maybe have 200 pts left. Thus making it hard for the smaller guys on the board to ever catch up with the big guys on the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:53 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

That's why it's important to watch your fame very very closely and not leave the computer when you have high fame.

The fame is the limiting factor that allows the small guys to catch up with the big guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:12 pm 

Well, with a high fame, you can't expect people to pass your gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:52 pm 

The only point is I was trying to make is that

fame upgrades do not necessarily come about when you need them.

If at the end of the day when you run out of moves you have any kind of points and high fame then you come back the next day only to find that all of those points have disappeared, thus leaving you to start all over working on another upgrade.

My thought was if at the end of your session say you had 7000 pts...if you had the option to put 1/2 of that towards an upgrade then at least that would allow you a chance to achieve the higher upgrades.

The lower upgrades are obviously fairly easy to get in 1 day...but the higher upgrades are not always as simple....and how many people actually end the day with a fame level of "0" .... which therefore means that if you have any kind of fame level left at all at the end of the day then you can expect to kiss that entire 7000 goodbye.

That is why I thought maybe a 50% option towards upgrades....it leaves the player being able to put something towards upgrade but still leaves points for other attackers. And by only having the option at the end of the session then it would keep people from just trying to hide everything in upgrades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:10 pm 

Omg, just don't attack. I know you don't like the idea, but it's the only way to keep it, slow and steady.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:12 pm 
Queen of the 7 Seas

i end almost every single day with a fame of zero. its not hard. when you have 75 moves left go island hopping till you get it. whats so hard about that? nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:50 pm 
Spasm Master

Ya, even if you get a fame level reset with say 100 moves left and you have a lot of gold, stop attacking, and only search islands. Fame is everything in this game.

No, we should not be able to save a portion, and here is why. Lets use 50%, which although an outragous amount, will be an easy amount to compare with.

New Player: Ends moves with 8000 gold (saves 4000) - new players get somewhere around this amount to start

Experienced Player: Ends moves with 25k (some make even more lol - not me though) - (saves 12500 gold)

If you followed my example, it shows that this would actually help the experienced players and hurt the new players. This should not, and will not be implemented lol.

although it seems like it would help you, it wouldn't :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:58 pm 

Well, if you could cash in 1/2 your gold to save it, it wouldn't be much of a game would it? I sweated out a fame level of 187 forever before I got a reset and believe me I was sweating bullets!

Of course you can trust the government, ask any Indian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:31 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

santarra wrote:
Well, if you could cash in 1/2 your gold to save it, it wouldn't be much of a game would it? I sweated out a fame level of 187 forever before I got a reset and believe me I was sweating bullets!

how long did you have to wait it out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:35 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Yeah, I've had over 400 fame when popcan came by... And when shimq1 and ptrdanno were stalking me. It's part of the game and it actually does help the new players. You have to be intelligent about your playing and calculate the risks you are taking and the possibility of getting something good. If you calculate right, great...you end the day with lots of gold and zero fame or that upgrade. If you calculate wrong, you run out of moves with insanely high fame and lots of gold to lose. Then you can either sweat it out and hope no one hits you or buy moves or a reset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:16 pm 

When was I stalking u lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:34 am 

I disagree with the idea, that gives the game no challenge, since you can just store your gold in the shop so no pirates can get it, unless of course they make it so if you put a downpay on one shop and that shop gets attacked by a stronger pirate than you they can steal some of your down payment, or if they buy the upgrade you put a down payment on they can get it for cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:27 am 

This is confusing. ALthough it's obvious that this suggestion has been shot down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:31 pm 
Spasm Master

yep lol - shot down from the beginning :wink: