Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Refugee Camp
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:38 am 

I notice that...a certain topic...really annoys people here. And some of us who...recently escaped from...that other place.... remain a bit traumatized, and need a chance to tell each other how much better off we are now. So, I was wondering, how about creating a Refugee Camp forum, and limit discussion of that ....THING...to there? Then maybe everyone could be happy? More or less anyway.

Meow.
Kittymei

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:35 pm 

I will give this some thought and discuss it with Shelvock before adding it. I just want to make sure it won't cause any issues here in the forums. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:06 pm 

As a recent refugee, I think this is a great idea.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:03 pm 
Buxom Wench

Can't you guys just use the PM feature? Not to sound insensitive or anything cause I know how much that whole thing sucked for y'all...but the public forums just seems like another way of "them" reading it all and possibly retaliating?

Post subject: hell on the internet?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:32 pm 

Well, I suppose first of all there is connecting with other people whom we may or may not have run across in that other place, and may not have any other way of meeting up with here other than in forum. Secondly you can only pm one person at a time....but we certainly would not want to cause any sort of problem for anyone here, especially security wise.

FYI, you all may find this a bit interesting....(Warning: If you don't even want to hear how that other place is tanking, stop reading this post NOW.) some of us still mess with it a bit for the interest and friendships we formed (not seriously, since it is obviously a scam at this point, the last person paid was Mysterio in March, and then he was banned as a cheater), and just in the last few days people have been posting threads in the forum about it being a scam AND THOSE HAVE NOT BEEN DELETED. There are also references in those threads by some people like "we enjoy sailing other seas" and if ww wants to make them "walk the plank" for that they are bloody well welcome to do that....people have been pming these posters and asking for the website of the "other"game (by which they mean this one) and they have been handing it out in pms...not as a link, but in text broken up into bits.

In a recent poll one user conducted about was that other place "ok, possibly going down, or already under" all the votes are for the last two.

The only admin activity on the board seems to be deleting actual links to other websites, like a poker site someone put up in the middle of the night just to see if they could get away with it. It stayed up until business hours, then the link vanished.

But anything else....seems to be fair game over there right now. No one is even reading pms let alone answering, obvious cheaters and people posting coords on their base greetings go unpunished, it is anarchy. Definitely the sense that the Rats in Charge have already abandoned the ship. In the suggestions forum, someone posted as a suggestion, "How about not being a scam?" It's been there for well over a day so far.

In fact, when I saw that my note above had been answered by admin here, I was so unaccustomed to that behavior, that I had to pick myself up the floor and have a good rejuvenating sniff of catnip before I could carry on.

Arrr! It's a pirate's life for this cat! Shiver me whiskers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:52 pm 

Glad to have you aboard! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:08 pm 

HAHAHAAHAHAHA lmao... never thought i'd see the day. chances are though.. they are just setting up another site with a different name. hmmm.. now could be the ideal moment to exploit the hole i found in their systems last year ;)

hmmm. MajorTom must be able to open a shop with all the iPod Shuffles he has now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:02 pm 

Yeah the other site is a joke. It wouldn't surprise me if they were setting up another scam. Regardless in the near future it will do no good because people will be playing the game we're working on in the background. :)