Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: purchase option to bypass the 3 hit rule per week?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:00 pm 
the evil pirate

here is a possible extra source of revenue for your site and i think this should be an easy script to set up.

how about a purchase option where we could buy extra hits against a certain player to bypass the 3 hit rule?

the options could be, prices are examples only

----------------------------

an extra hit against a specific player

buy 1 extra hit $3 , 2 for $5.50 , 3 for $8 or 4 for $9

---------------------------

an extra hit against all players in the game

1 extra hit $10
2 extra hits $16
3 extra hits $21
4 extra hits $25

---------------------------

benefits

is extra revenues for the site and more money to go towards cashouts.

this feature should spare the newbies as i dont believe anyone would buy a specific hit versus a newbie .

maybe the extra hit versus everyone in the game would hurt the newbies (greenies) and it could be decided in a poll if the admins like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:24 pm 

you really want at me don't yeah POPCAN......

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:55 pm 
the evil pirate

to keep getting gold like this YES !!!!!

Your attack was successful! You've plundered 75292 gold pieces from fearthefox.

fearthefox Success 75292 Gained Jul 21 14:48:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:59 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

I think that would be an unfair advantage if it were against all players... might have to limit it to purchasing an extra hit against just one player or it would quickly become abused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:00 pm 

i need to keep better track of hits against me....i thought you were all ready 3x.....

My fault your benifit....won't happen again though....

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:17 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

well like fox's sig says...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:50 pm 

This doesnt sound like a bad idea. I think that IF we did implement this, it would lift the 1 or 3 hit rule for one member only. That would mean that when you purchased the extra hit, you would have to select the member you want to attack with it. We'll have to give it some thought. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:15 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

If this gets implemented, I would like to see a limit on how many times per week you could buy it too... Even if someone wants to dump a ton of money into the system, I don't think you should be able to take out total revenge on someone.

Also, should the other person be notified of the purchase? Or should we let people totally surprise someone who thinks they have protection? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:41 pm 

I would like to hear more input from users on this topic before we seriously consider it. So speak your mind. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:53 pm 

Wow. That idea sounds scary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:43 pm 

I think if it's implemented it's going to cost more than a few bucks to do it once. It can highly unbalance things so there would need to be a limit as to how many times and it would also be costly. We're not talking $25 but certainly not $3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:22 pm 

Personally I am against this idea....just think about it would be like gambling.....You are paying money with the reward of making more.....could be very dangerous....

Not to mention unfair....the rich will get richer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:37 pm 

i agree with fox... all this will do is let the big dogs take more from the less-big dogs.. sure there would be more money in the pot, but a higher proportion of the money would be going to the few guys at the top

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:38 am 
Bros Before Hoes

SeaCaptainN wrote:
If this gets implemented, I would like to see a limit on how many times per week you could buy it too... Even if someone wants to dump a ton of money into the system, I don't think you should be able to take out total revenge on someone.

Also, should the other person be notified of the purchase? Or should we let people totally surprise someone who thinks they have protection? :twisted:

4 for $9

ik thats just an estimate.. but say cashout falls on a saturday.. and say it costs 20 for 4 hits instead of 9... say someone got stuck with fame.. ok lets go guy another hit on them.. so say you get 50k.. then 25k... well thats 75k right there.. almost enough to make the $20 back..

im not convicnced that its a great idea, but then again.. im not sure anyone would pick me outta the crowd to do it to since i dont normally pay a lot...

im not gonna decide either way, but i dont think it would be the rich getting richer.. itd just be the rich swapping gold...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:17 pm 

I'm a "free markets" kinda guy, so I guess that I am not entirely opposed to the idea, although I can't imagine it's something I'd be using anytime soon. If we did do this, however, I'd ask for 3 things:

1) Make it expensive. If you want to hit somebody that badly, it's gonna cost ya. This would help increase the payouts for everybody.

2) Limit it to one person, one time per week. While this is contrary to my libertarian instincts, it does prevent the "rich get richer..." phenomenon. In other words, you can only attack any given player one extra time per week. In addition, you will have to choose your victim ahead of time. On the other hand, you should be able to buy as many of these as you want, so long as you attack a different player each time and don't hit anyone more than one extra time per week. Thus, if Popcan wanted to funnel a few hundred extra dollars into the system and attack every single player one extra time per week, more power to him (or is it her?).

3) I forget what #3 was. Ack! I'm 34 and senility is beginning to set in.

Mike