Return the game coordinates 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
50% of cashout cash goes to prize pearls each month 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Lower the cashout limit to $20 a month 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
0.5% gold loss when offline without fame 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Please vote here (Read thread for reason.) 13%  13%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 88
 Post subject: A few ideas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:09 am 

Sorry to put this in a new thread. I don't think the other threads cover this much and the stats reset thread poll doesn't go on for long enough. I understand that not everyone wants a stats reset because they will lose their hard work. While I agree with that, I feel there do need to be stats resets at some times, otherwise where would it end??. Also it's been said that with stats resets at set times people may not start playing until they do (No point upgrading if you won't get to keep the upgrades for long.). So my idea is to have everyone reset at the end of September along with the map (That should give time for the map subs to run out, people to vote, and a final cashout or 2.). After that each individual would have their stats reset after 6 months, so that not everyone would be reset at the same time, but everyone would have 6 months to build up. New players could then beat the older players even, and the older players would have the chance to prove they can still beat the new players with the newer players having a head start. Also in the poll are some other ideas I've read on these forums, some other peoples ideas that I've changed, and some of my own.
-I'll quickly go over some of them-

Change the daily gold to SD option to weekly when hits reset:
Some players are just playing their moves until they get to 10k and then taking the SD. I kind of feel this is taking the easy way out and not taking part in the game, because they can get SD without upgrading and not worrying about fame. The option should still be there and I do like it being another way to get SD, but I don't think it should be something that can be done daily. So I think like how at the end of the month you can cashout, at the end of each week you could choose to take the SD at the current rate of 10k per 1 SD.

Change the upgrade prices:
I found that both radar and ship are too cheap. Having 10 radar and a 20 space ship shouldn't come until later in the upgrades and should be much harder to get than the other upgrades. So I think both radar and ship should have a price range starting at about 10k for the 1st upgrade and 100k for the final upgrade. Also the other upgrades should come down in price so that more gold is being spent on upgrades, and so that everyone can upgrade faster. None of the prices should jump more than 5k-10k per upgrade in price after each upgrade.

Return the game coordinates:
I think I might have even been 1 of the people that suggested these were removed. I'm still not 100% on the idea, but I do feel it helps to have a better idea of knowing where you are. It's not working as the idea was meant to, because of methods are being used to find out where we are and where our targets are. And now the problem is that not everyone knows these methods, and some new players may not even know that they are moving. Like I said, I'm not really sure where I stand with this, but then it could be that I'm using the in-game map as a coordinate system so know where I am most of the time anyway.

50% of cashout cash goes to prize pearls each month:
This has been suggested by others and I like the idea also. It would help get new players and be a way for players to know that any of them could hit the jackpot just by playing.

Lower the cashout limit to $20 a month:
Not everyone is going to like this idea. But I think it would help get more people getting cashout while at the same time keeping more cash in the game. It would be nice to have at least 5-10 people getting cashout each month rather than the 1-5.

Please vote here:
If you vote in the poll (Even if that means not picking any of the options.) then please still vote for this option. It's a people counter so we know how many people have voted.

Also just as a note, if you don't pick an option then it means you vote 'no' for that option, otherwise if you do pick it then it's a 'yes'. And like has been suggested I think a mass email should be sent to everyone on the forums so it might bring back quit players, and to get votes from current players who don't read the forums.

Post subject: Re: A few ideas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:21 pm 

Stats reset per individual each 6 months:
I really like that idea. Everyone gets 6 months to build their ships no matter when they join.

50% of cash out cash goes to prize pearls each month
Maybe 25% of cash out goes to prize pearls each month and a person can win a prize pearl only once every 2-3 months so more people have a chance to win instead of the same people getting them again and again.

And 25% of the cash out goes to contests for newbies.
This will motivate the new players and give them a chance to win some cash in their first month.

Change the upgrade prices:
Although I do agree that the jump in the cost of upgrades should be lowered, I don't agree with making the ship and radar cost any higher. Its a kind of newbie protection.

Lower the cashout limit to $20 a month
Instead of lowering the cash out limit, what if there are 2 cash out rates? A better rate for those who spend real cash and a higher rate for those who don't.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:08 pm 

I have to say I agree with changing the upgrade prices.
I think by now everyone knows that I have never liked the coords being removed.I have even considered giving up this game because of that.
I do not think the idea of 2 different cashout prices is fair.For example, a new player plays to cashout but cannot buy moves,resets.But after cashing out once they might put some or all that cashout money back into the game.If they have a higher cashout price the first time this might never happen.
I am on the fence on the SD situation.
I do not think the cashout limit should be lowered.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm 

I really like the idea of higher prices for radar and ship,it really should take a while to max those out not to be able to do it in a couple of weeks of a reset
And i really would like to see the coordinates come back seems without them the game does look generic and some newbys have said they can't tell their even going anywhere and can't seem to find the islands they have marked plus most all on here now have their own coords

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:53 pm 

LOVE the idea about a portion of the cash going to prize pearls. Love it.

Mike