Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:23 pm 

Actually having hunts that require gold as entry fees would also help boost gold value as long as the payout to the winner(s) is less than the total entry "fees".

I suppose you could think of it like all of the poker rooms online, the poker company makes money on the fees. So for example, if you have a hunt that costs 10,000 gold pieces to enter, you could make the actual cost of that hunt 10,500 or 11,000 pieces. If 50 people enter, the prize payout total would be 500,000 gold pieces, but the total collected would be 525,000 or 550,000 peices. Also, these hunts could be put on more frequently during the earlier parts of the month so most of that gold would go to upgrades anyway and thus back into the game.

Maybe if that sort of scheme were to be implemented there could be something like 1/5 or even 1/4 of the entrants would be paid out so that one or two people wouldnt end up with some absolutely enormous amount of gold.

Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:53 pm 

I understand your position, but how can the gold go up in value with no cash backing it? Aren't we just re-distributing the gold? Yes, with the site getting 1/2, what is left in the game is worth more, but not nearly as much if there were games that required cash. I think that we really need both methods. Then everyone will have a chance to play and the gold left in the game will be worth more than ever! This gives those without credit cards and pay pal the chance to win really big, and have the gold worth a whole lot more thanks to the cash hunts. A couple of gold only hunts the last few days of the month could be more popular than cash ones! LOL

There is no way that every member will be in ever treasure hunt. Different time zones alone could make you a loser before you even pay your money! Then take into consideration work hours, it really limits some members from joining many. I'm glad they are starting them at different tiimes thur the day/night so everyone can take part if they choose to. There are a few with a bit more time that will join both gold and cash hunts, which will up the gold value for everyone.

Of course you can trust the government, ask any Indian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:12 pm 

Santarra I'm with you 100%. I definitely wasn't advocating gold entry hunts as a replacement for cash entries. I was simply looking for a way to appease those who have no method of payment.

Two more things. First, and I believe this does exist already, but if you have no way of paying do the absolute best you can to make cashout and then request that your funds be held for use in entering hunts, purchasing moves, etc.

Also, it might be a decent idea to have the rewards for hunts be transferable. By this, I mean assign some value so that winners of hunts would have the option of having their winnings converted to upgrades. This would keep even more money in the game. And I know that some people might be apt to use this option because I know that there was at least one person last cashout who chose to have their gold deposited back into their account to use on upgrades instead of taking their $20.

Again, just my 2 pennies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:30 pm 

We will be having both hunts for cash and hunts that you can buy in with gold. Initially it will be cash entry and there will always be more cash entry ones than gold. This is needed to give a larger amount of payouts each month and also it gives those the chance that play to win large amounts of money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:49 pm 

Yeah, I'm only fourteen, so I can't participate in the cash treasure hunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:34 pm 
Spasm Master

well, i will of course participate in the free one, and ones for gold also. I also may use some of my cashout money to enter one with a cash payout, if/when i reach cashout lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:21 pm 

I would be stupid not to enter the free one. I hope I actually win something for once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:51 pm 
Spasm Master

ya lol - i hope i could at least win the gold on the free ones - maybe i will win a prize someday :D